• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2011
    It is an animated film, which usually brings out the best of composers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2011
    franz_conrad wrote
    You'd think so, but I find it's not always the case when it comes to this composer.

It's not always the case when it comes to any composer, with the exception of (maybe) Joe Hisaishi.
  1. Failure of irony.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011 edited
  2. Cristian wrote
    Clips for Gnomeo and Juliet are available: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004 … 15-4681719

now those tell a lot ... rolleyes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. FilmMusicReporter says they've confirmed he's scoring "The Green Lantern"

He's really green this year...
    Which makes sense since there doesn't seem to be 42% less J.N.H. in recent efforts.

(article with no real information)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2011
    I look forward to hearing it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2011
    I have no interest to see the movie but I look forward to hear the score.
  4. Yeah doesn't this film look like utter nonsense? rolleyes

From Martin Campbell I expect more interesting / entertaining flicks than this.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah doesn't this film look like utter nonsense? rolleyes

From Martin Campbell I expect more interesting / entertaining flicks than this.

Exactly, the trailer looks awful.
  5. "The Green Lantern" needs a reboot and it's not even hit theaters yet.

"The Green Hornet" needs a film reboot, and it's not even left theaters yet.

Pathetic.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2011
    I'm a fan of the Green Lantern mythos and like Ryan Reynolds, but the first trailer was poorly cut together. Looked so generic and cliched. But I'll wait for a longer trailer and the actual film.

And hopefully WB will give GL the CD treatment. Either lease the rights to Varese or release a CD via WaterTower Music.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2011
    The score for Water For Elephants is completed, I can't wait to hear it! Next is Green Lantern.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm looking forward to a superhero score from JNH that's unpolluted.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Ever listened to Unbreakable? That´s the one.

But okay, I´ll agree that Green Lantern will probably be different. ^^

And I´m also really looking forward to it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Ever listened to Unbreakable? That´s the one.

But okay, I´ll agree that Green Lantern will probably be different. ^^

And I´m also really looking forward to it.

UNBREAKABLE is an excellent score but very different to your average superhero score ( as is the film ). It's a very Vaughan Williams like score, something which JNH credits.
  7. Cristian wrote
    The score for Water For Elephants is completed, I can't wait to hear it! Next is Green Lantern.

I'm looking forward to Water for Elephants too, the trailer and its music were great, hence the reason I'm looking forward to the movie and score of that movie, and not The Green Lantern which was a crappy trailer

hope the score is good though smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    UNBREAKABLE is an excellent score but very different to your average superhero score ( as is the film ). It's a very Vaughan Williams like score, something which JNH credits.

I know. I was kinda joking.

But I think Unbreakable IS at least the most original superhero origin story ever told.
    For me, it´s even the best one.

Yes, Erik, I know which one you prefer. wink I would agree that it is the most classic and certainly uplifting in every sense of the word.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I think Newton Howard's score is super. Groan! Anyway, I love everything to do with the film. I PRAY they don't do a sequel. The most interesting portion of ANY superhero movie is the origin story, Shammy knew that and crafted a film entirely around the origin story. It's masterful!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. beer
  9. Shyamalan planned a trilogy for "Unbreakable", so obviously he had more ideas. I welcome any sequels, as long as they are good like that one, and not suck-ass like his last, what -- five films now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ I for some reason doubt there were plans for more films. The title cards at the end of the film (the only mistake Shammy made with this movie) pretty much destroyed any plans for a GOOD sequel. It should stand on its own as a unique creation with in the superhero universe.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ I for some reason doubt there were plans for more films. The title cards at the end of the film (the only mistake Shammy made with this movie) pretty much destroyed any plans for a GOOD sequel. It should stand on its own as a unique creation with in the superhero universe.

-Erik-

yeah

Superb film, my favourite of his in fact and standalone in it's own right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2011 edited
    I will always think of 'The Sixth Sense' as a totally mindblowing film that leaves me stunned when it's over, not in the least by a superb Haley Joel Osment, but Unbreakable and Signs are great follow-ups in their own right. How Shyamalan builds up the scenes, so as to get to those awesome endings will always leave me wanting for more. Which he hasn't been able to do in his later flicks, well expect maybe for Lady in the Water, which I like.

As for the scores, Signs is totally up there, Unbreakable almost touching it. The Sixth Sense I don't like nearly as much.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2011
    James Newton Howard and M. Night Shyamalan talks about the The Last Airbender score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFhTNY3t … r_embedded

Very interesting but the best video is this 8 minutes about scoring Signs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDdRw5b2I8U

This one is my favorite punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    thanks
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's amazing to see the process of a composer working on a train wreck (The Last Airbender) and then scoring something that truly inspired him (Signs) The Last Airbender video just confirms to me the many mistakes both Shammy and Newton Howard made in the musical choices they made for that film while in Signs everything was spot on!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011 edited
    I hope he resumes composing great stuff again soon enough and leave the crap for those who deserve it wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011
    Go to Asia JNH, please compose for a japanese movie, run from Hollywood for a while. Yeah, I wish, that's not gonna happen rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011
    Cristian wrote
    Go to Asia JNH, please compose for a japanese movie, run from Hollywood for a while. Yeah, I wish, that's not gonna happen rolleyes

I always kind of hoped that's what John Barry could have done ( though Europe rather than Asia ), where his musical affinity would be better appreciated outside the Hollywood machine.