• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008 edited
    Bowers & Wilkins now have a video interview up on their site with James Newton Howard:

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=782
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008
    Yes! That quote on the front page of the JNH bit is what their advert said. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    Has anyone got a rip or copy of the end credits from Dinosaur? confused

*cough*
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008
    I didn't think there was anything in the Dinosaur credits that's not on the CD.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008 edited
    I heard there was some kind of suite, but I think you might be right. I need to hear it to believe it! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I have it. But I had to rip it from the DVD. The sound is close but not quite as full dynamic range.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Wow! There's actually some massive-ass 6 minute suite at the end of it! shocked biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Anthony wrote
    Wow! There's actually some massive-ass 6 minute suite at the end of it! shocked biggrin

Yes, but is any of the musical material actually new compared to the album?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yes. There's re-orchestrated stuff from the album in it too, but there most definatly is some original stuff. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008 edited
    Oscar-nominated composer James Newton Howard has recently scored his sixth film for director M. Night Shyamalan, at the Sony Scoring Stage in Culver City, CA. The thriller The Happening features cello solos by Maya Beiser and a 90-piece orchestra. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers some exclusive photos from the orchestral sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/131/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008
    Cello solo's! Yay! This is gonna be something special again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Scoregasm!

Thanks Dan!

punk
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Wow, that was an early scoring session -- was it already locked by the time JNH recorded the score?

Either way, sounds very promising. Thanks. smile
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2008
    Scribe wrote
    I didn't think there was anything in the Dinosaur credits that's not on the CD.

Actually not.... it has some shortened versions of unreleased score. I'm giving you the order in which the music comes up...

*****************SPOILER ALERT************************************

Part 1 - Basically a re-orchestrated version of "The Egg Travels".

Part 2 - A reprise of the theme from the album track "Aladar and Neera"

Part 3 - The second half of the album cue "Breakout", unchanged.

Part 4 - The unreleased cue "Raptors - Aladar Meets The Herd" film version, albeit a bit shortened. This music plays when Aladar escapes the raptors and meets the herd in the sandstorm for the first time after the meteor shower. The album track "Raptors - Stand Together" sounds similar to this with an identical theme, but they're from different parts of the movie and not the same - "Stand Together" is the music from the climax of the film.

Part 5 - Some of the soft themes from the album tracks "The Cave" and "Aladar and Neera"

I ripped it from my DVD to enjoy smile

Hope this helped!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2008
    Most excellent news
    dgoldwas wrote
    Oscar-nominated composer James Newton Howard has recently scored his sixth film for director M. Night Shyamalan, at the Sony Scoring Stage in Culver City, CA. The thriller The Happening features cello solos by Maya Beiser and a 90-piece orchestra. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers some exclusive photos from the orchestral sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/131/

Enjoy!

Most excellent news! Cello soli, M.Night Shyamalan, something tells me we're getting another The village kind of gem here guys and i am really excited!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2008 edited
    Interview with James Newton Howard on Bob Edwards' Weekend Radio Show:

http://podcast.com/show/32910/ Interview begins about half way through.

Note: James briefly mentions that he will be working with Terrence Malick "in about a year". His only upcoming project is Tree Of Life (2009), so it should be this. Nice.

smile
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2008
    shocked shocked shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    LSH wrote
    Note: James briefly mentions that he will be working with Terrence Mallick "in about a year". His only upcoming project is Tree Of Life (2009), so it should be this. Nice.

smile

Hey, wow, good news! I wonder how much of his music will be used, though, but I guess he already knows Malicks work methods from Zimmer wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    BobdH wrote
    LSH wrote
    Note: James briefly mentions that he will be working with Terrence Mallick "in about a year". His only upcoming project is Tree Of Life (2009), so it should be this. Nice.

smile

Hey, wow, good news! I wonder how much of his music will be used, though, but I guess he already knows Malicks work methods from Zimmer wink

...and from Horner biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    I hope he will be more successful with his music than James Horner. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Wow. That's four years in a row with at least one great Howard project...I'm getting spoiled. biggrin

2006: Lady in the Water, Blood Diamond
    2007: Water Horse, I Am Legend
    2008: The Happening, Defiance
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    LSH wrote

Note: James briefly mentions that he will be working with Terrence Malick "in about a year". His only upcoming project is Tree Of Life (2009), so it should be this. Nice.

Ack, I hope he does it justice!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    LSH wrote

Ack, I hope he does it justice!

Indeed!

I'm not Malick's biggest fan but his visuals really allow music breathing space, If JNH is still attached by release time then I'd have high hopes for a great JNH score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    LSH wrote

smile

Hey, awesome! That could result in some first-quality music and we all know that! Looking forward to that smile
  1. Now only the Malick fanboys have to learn that he maybe isn't the great genius they see in him. Not everything boring with classical music playing in he background is great art. sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Antineutrino wrote
    Now only the Malick fanboys have to learn that he maybe isn't the great genius they see in him.

Perhaps... but only because he has hired JNH. What gives, Terry?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008 edited
    I want the three hours of my life back I spent watching The Thin Red Line.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The Thin Red line? Ah man, that's weak. I know not all people perceived it in the same fashion but that movie can be a very touching and intense personal experience for many people, me included.

Now, if you talked that way about THE NEW WORLD, then maybe i would agree with you biggrin
  2. The Thin Red Line is boring as hell. Beautiful images, but no plot, no tension or anything that seperates a motion picture from a video collage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I thought the theme and the internal struggles of the soldiers were very strong confused