• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008
    Shocking news from Hollywood, where ScoringSessions.com can finally reveal that John Williams' score for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has been tossed out, and a new score by composer Danny Elfman has just been recorded. We've got the exclusive pictures from the session, as well as the rare team-up of songwriters Randy Newman and Marc Shaiman, who collaborated to write new songs for the musical spectacular.

http://www.scoringsessions.com
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008 edited
    WHAT?! shocked confused shocked

Tell me I'm dreaming!

:pinch:

No... it's normal for today lol
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Spielberg looks likes he's photoshopped into the picture wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    smile The pictures are great! Well done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcbain
    Aha, this is a great one! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh no! shocked
    That's terrible! To replace a composer at such a late DATE you have got to be some sort of FOOL.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LOL!!!!!! punk biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I thought Zimmer is Spielberg's new score man, how did Elfman get the job? Is this some kind of payback for Simpsons Movie? Ah well, a missed chance to hear Indy's theme on guitar with some synth stings and drum loops... oh and male choir too... slant

What a shame...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    lol, all day I've only viewed those pictures as an april fool, while (some) are Indy sessions! shocked biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I almost believed it for all of 0 seconds! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I love the ''idiots guide to 5/4'' picture. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    LOL!! You made one nice goat outta me then tongue I actually looked at all the pics and beleived it, and did not read the final statement! I gotta be on me guard lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm HORRIFIED! shocked

Surely someone BETTER than Elfman could take over the reigns?

BT?, Rza?, Tyler Bates?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Anthony wrote
    lol, all day I've only viewed those pictures as an april fool, while (some) are Indy sessions! shocked biggrin

Actually NONE of the photos are from the INDY sessions, which were impossible to attend.

But two of the photos are completely real, and untouched by photoshop. I'll let you guess which ones. (It's really obvious!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    LOL!! You made one nice goat outta me then tongue I actually looked at all the pics and beleived it, and did not read the final statement! I gotta be on me guard lol

Do you not have an April Fools day in India Ravi?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Cool, did you photoshop in all the footage on the screens? That's done well! confused cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote

You.. actually... believed it? I thought you were kidding! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Of course we do... and I'm the one naive enough to be the scape goat of my friends dizzy

Must say, those images are photoshopped very well! Or I'm getting so bleary-eyed with all this exam studying that I didn'd notice it lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Of course we do... and I'm the one naive enough to be the scape goat of my friends dizzy

Must say, those images are photoshopped very well! Or I'm getting so bleary-eyed with all this exam studying that I didn'd notice it lol

...and I gave you a 'get out' clause!? wink

biggrin cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    "Get out clause"? LOL! lol biggrin

C'mon, where's the fun in the joke if at least one guy doesn't fall for it? beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The lighting on Spielberg's face isn't right, but the images of the Indy footage on the screens are done perfectly! Did you do them Dan? And what sessions are the pics from? smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Anthony wrote
    The lighting on Spielberg's face isn't right, but the images of the Indy footage on the screens are done perfectly! Did you do them Dan? And what sessions are the pics from? smile

And where is Shaiman? I can't see him! dizzy biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    I did all the photoshopping. Yes, the Indy 4 images were added to the screens. (Thanks for the compliments!)

Spielberg is obviously slapped into the photos he appears in. Shaiman appears standing next to Randy Newman in the photo labeled as such; he's short though, so look just below Newman. (It's a wide shot, so they're small.) He's wearing a green striped shirt.

The sources are from various session pix. Don't remember which ones, but obviously some were Elfman and Newman sessions.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LOL, I only just noticed the advert on the pic with the guy who's on Ain't It Cool. "SEX"

biggrin
  1. ah good old april fools day wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008
    Btw Dan, did any inspiration of replacing Williams with Elfman come from Blue Harvest? wink cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Anthony wrote
    Btw Dan, did any inspiration of replacing Williams with Elfman come from Blue Harvest? wink cheesy

wink mebbe!
  2. Oh no count me out, I will not go see this film... If Indy 4 contains only themeless underscore and a wacky Elfman version of the fanfare this will be the most hated director / composer relationship I've ever seen... Why oh why Mr Williams did you not stick to your guns. After all these movies you did together with Mr Spielberg I cannot believe I'm reading this !!!

beer crazy punk crazy beer
    hahaha a little late but cool news post!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Haha, only just noticed this!

Nice prank Dan, well executed. punk