• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008
    How do I create an MP3 CD? Just copy a load of MP3s onto the disc? Or do I need to do it using a proper program, to index them and such?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Try using Nero or iTunes. If you just copy the files over you are making a data disc so I'm not sure if that's the same as an MP3 CD. I've never had to make an MP3 CD.

Anyway, this might help you.
    http://www.cnet.com/4520-7899_1-6364422-1.html

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ah... thanks. I found it in my software now - hadn't thought of looking in "Data CD".
  1. I think that just moving the files over to CD would be enough for an CD player that plays music in the mp3 format.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    Southall wrote
    Ah... thanks. I found it in my software now - hadn't thought of looking in "Data CD".

A data CD will copy all files in their original format and size. An MP3 CD is the same thing, but obviously just works for MP3s (which is what some modern CD players will play... none will play a data CD).

I use iTunes to make any data, MP3 or burned discs.
  2. Some CD Players can read the folders where the MP3s are stored too. So just dragging the folder (a score album for example) to the data CD can work.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.