• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Imagine I worked for any corporation, say in this case a TV Sports Channel, and we believed several tracks from a rejected score would suit our next year of programming as underscore, is there, theoretically, a way to purchase out right (or exclusively license) the rights to a score that never made it in the final film / tv series etc.

I imagine it's never been done before, but why not? surely the film/tv studio must own these rights and would be interested in making some form of revenue back on them if they could?

Any ideas of whether this could be done?
  2. I do know that Miramax used Yared's rejected WINGS OF A DOVE score as an in-house temp track resource for subsequent projects. Yared once said that he heard a cue of it end up in CHOCOLAT, a film otherwise scored by Rachel Portman. That's obviously a bit different to what you're after, but possibly it's worth a try if you can afford it.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. I imagine rejected scores can be liscanced for use just like regular scores.

Which score you thinking of using?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.