• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008
    Yeh but I forgot to mention The New World which I am now beginning to think is one of his best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yeah, it's way good indeed.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    Yeh but I forgot to mention The New World which I am now beginning to think is one of his best.

His best of recent years IMO, an amazingly relaxing listen.

Jonathan Ross made possitive note of the Spiderwyk score in his Film 2008 show.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    All the king's men is awesome, one of my all-time favorite Horner scores;

shocked shocked

legend of Zorro is blahhh

slant shocked vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

shocked shocked

Are you serious mate? There's absolutely no way you don't fall for the gorgeous main theme or the unrestrained melody of "Anne's Memories". Are you sure you've given the score enough listens? wink

As for the Legend of Zorro, why the shock?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

shocked shocked

Are you serious mate? There's absolutely no way you don't fall for the gorgeous main theme or the unrestrained melody of "Anne's Memories". Are you sure you've given the score enough listens? wink

As for the Legend of Zorro, why the shock?

I feel the other way round to you! Well, All The King's Men is OK, but there are probably 40 or 50 Horner scores I'd put on first.

Zorro is just a blast.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008
    And The New World! I think that one really is one of his best recent scores (even though it's very poorly judged for the film), imho followed by Legend of Zorro. Really thought that was an upgrading from the first score; it had so much more energy, and is richer in sound. Spiderwick didn't do a lot to me. A pretty bland effort, most of the time...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    BobdH wrote
    ...Really thought that was an upgrading from the first score; it had so much more energy, and is richer in sound...

I still much prefer the first. More dramatic, more emotional, and the musical narrative is far better considering the film it accompanied in comparison to the sequel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    BobdH wrote
    ...Really thought that was an upgrading from the first score; it had so much more energy, and is richer in sound...

I still much prefer the first. More dramatic, more emotional, and the musical narrative is far better considering the film it accompanied in comparison to the sequel.

Exactly what i am saying too; musically, the sequel is extremely poor in comparison whilst the original is an excellent score overall, the gorgeous song included.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, I know what y'all think about it, I just disagree and wanted to put that opinion out as well wink The first one didn't do much to me and I thought it to be pretty overrated, with a schmalzy, cheesy song (though I kinda liked the film version).
  1. I like both Zorros equally... The first one flows better and has the most kickass final battle, and I love the little variations that pop up in the sequel score. What it lacks for in originality it more than makes up for in energy. A solid 4 star score.

I agree All the King's Men needed some listens before I appreciated it more, it won't get in my top Horner list but at least it has melody unlike his atmosphere fillers for Apocalypto, The Forgotten and Flightplan.

The New World is just too long, about a half hour of it, otherwise a reasonably good score, but you need to be in the mood for it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ah, yes, Apocalypto! That's the one that comes right behind The New World! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2008
    Dancing to the beat of Apocalypto! Interesting choice of music for a dance company:

http://media.www.bcheights.com/media/st … 2129.shtml

mc
  2. The Life Before Her Eyes sound clips: http://www.amazon.com/The-Life-Before-H … B0016HTHAA

Tracklisting:

1. An Ordinary Day (3:54)
    2. Diana - A Future To Be? (4:55)
    3. Becoming Close Friends (3:32)
    4. All The Memories From An Old Photo Album (4:06)
    5. The Gift Of A Necklace (3:59)
    6. Choose! Time To Decide (3:31)
    7. Diana Gets Hit By A Car (3:45)
    8. Two Lives Slowly Converging (4:35)
    9. Diana's Young Conscience Is Finally Formed (3:44)
    10. The Memorial - The Laying Of Flowers (2:31)
    11. Two Worlds; The Past And The Future (2:51)
    12. Young Diana's Future - A Future That Could Have Been? (12:15)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008
    Ow yeah! Horner track name galore!

All The Memories From An Old Photo Album
    Two Lives Slowly Converging
    Two Worlds; The Past And The Future
    A Future That Could Have Been?

New classics!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I like Giacchino's cue names! biggrin
  3. "Diana's Young Conscience is Finally Formed"

?!?!

How does he do it!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    "Diana's Young Conscience is Finally Formed"

?!?!

How does he do it!

Monkey trousers
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Steven wrote
    I like Giacchino's cue names! biggrin

Let's combine the two

World's Worst Memories from an Old Photo Album biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Antineutrino wrote
    4. All The Memories From An Old Photo Album (4:06)
    7. Diana Gets Hit By A Car (3:45)
    9. Diana's Young Conscience Is Finally Formed (3:44)
    12. Young Diana's Future - A Future That Could Have Been? (12:15)

Priceless! Well done Jimmy H, you've not lost it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008 edited

Na'vi Alien Language Incorporated In "Avatar" Music Soundtrack

Another breaking story from your source for all things Avatar!

One of my better known sources (to me anyway!) just tipped me on what is happening with the soundtrack for the movie - read on intrepid James Cameron fans!

We have known for some time now that James Horner has been attached to "Avatar" to deliver the soundtrack for the epic 3D sci-fi.

But what we didn't know was that they have been at it for some time now - since July of last year! The task at hand has been to create music for the alien race that resides on the planet Pandora called the Na'vi. The Na'vi have their own language and yes, it has been created just for this movie. In fact, James Horner has been hard at work meshing in this newly developed language into his soundtrack for the movie! The singers must get the pronunciations just right.

Horner has been working with at least 5 singers to accomplish this feat for the movie sequences and it seems that they have been very successful - most of that integration has been completed. The singers have been awe of Horner in how much of a visionary he is and how productive he can be in completing an obviously challenging task.

Music is such a key component to James Cameron's films. Think Titanic. I may get some comments to the contrary, but I really think that Celine Dion's mega-watt performance of "My Heart Will Go On" is one of the best, if not THE best song ever attached to a movie. Honestly, I can't imagine what that alien language is going to sound like but I can say without a doubt, that the music, language and the integration into the movie is going to be out of this world.

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2008/04/n … ed-in.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008
    I guess this means Will Jennings will have been working overtime to get his hard-hitting lyrics such as "I love you / Do you love me too? / Of course you do / It's what makes us glue!" into Na'vi.
  5. wow this sounds really interesting. I'm really looking forward to this movie and score, and with 2 giants meshing together again how can it fail!!! wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote
    I guess this means Will Jennings will have been working overtime to get his hard-hitting lyrics such as "I love you / Do you love me too? / Of course you do / It's what makes us glue!" into Na'vi.

biggrin

Is it me, or is the name of that new language Na'vi so familiar for an unknow language that it actually may exist already?
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt wrote
    Southall wrote

biggrin

Is it me, or is the name of that new language Na'vi so familiar for an unknow language that it actually may exist already?

Hihi, you really thinked this one true have you Bregt biggrin
    I think it will be meshed in a choir, like we hear Latin singing in choral pieces

Either way, this movie will rock punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Klaus Badelt also incorporated invented languages for the chorus of The Time Machine.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    elenewton wrote
    Klaus Badelt also incorporated invented languages for the chorus of The Time Machine.

It's like the Cocteau Twins never happened rolleyes wink
  7. Star Trek II, Star Trek III and The Land Before Time are getting a lot of place from me at the moment. They're very much the most enjoyable works of his I have.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    Star Trek II, Star Trek III and The Land Before Time are getting a lot of place from me at the moment. They're very much the most enjoyable works of his I have.

Agreed. sigh...what's happened to that Horner? So full of fresh, youthful energy back then!
    Exciting, playful and fun were his 80's scores!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008
    LIFE BEFORE HER EYES

CD COVER

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 … SS500_.jpg