• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2014
    James Horner
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Are you happy, James Horner? Look what you've done to this thread.

Go to your room!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014
    "Titanic" Live
    March 13 2015, 7.30p.m.
    March 14 2015, 7.30p.m.
    March 15 2015, 5p.m.
    Luzern, Switzerland, at KKL Lucerne
    performed by the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra and the Boys Choir Lucerne
    under the baton of Ludwig Wicki

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/09/19 … anic-live/
  2. Ludwig Wicki? Is he the founder of all thos wicki sites?
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  3. Southall wrote
    He's back!

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/05/25 … daughters/

Director Gabriele Muccino has announced that James Horner will be scoring the upcoming drama Fathers and Daughters. The film stars Russell Crowe, Amanda Seyfried, Aaron Paul, Quvenzhane Wallis, Diane Kruger, Jane Fonda, Octavia Spencer, Bruce Greenwood and Janet McTeer. The movie tells the story of a woman dealing with a crumbling relationship in the present and looking back on the relationship she had with her father, a Pulitzer Prize-winning writer, 25 years earlier. Brad Desch has written the Black List-honored screenplay. Craig J. Flores & Nicolas Chartier (The Hurt Locker, The Company You Keep) are producing the Voltage Pictures production with Sherryl Clark for Busted Shark Productions. Crowe serves as an executive producer. Muccini has previously collaborated with such composers as Andrea Guerra (The Pursuit of Happiness, Playing for Keeps) and Angelo Milli (Seven Pounds). Fathers and Daughters is currently in post-production. No word yet on a release date.

He's gone!

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/09/26 … daughters/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014
    It was good while it lasted!

At least Wolf Totem and the aviation thing are already recorded. So even if they're rejected perhaps we'll still hear them.

(Is James Horner now the equivalent of John Barry in the 1990s?)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014
    Southall wrote

At least Wolf Totem and the aviation thing are already recorded. So even if they're rejected perhaps we'll still hear them.

His replacement is new to me so I can't comment on his credentials. Horner is old enough and wealthy enough and perhaps pissed off enough to take the John Barry route and say fuck you when the movie makers demand something that isn't their voice?

I'd like to say I wish more composers would take that option ( hello Doyle, Tyler etc ) but everyone bar Hans Zimmer seems easily expendable these days. Outside of Spielberg and Star Wars I doubt even John Williams is untouchable anymore.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    His replacement is new to me so I can't comment on his credentials.

Of the Buonvino works I have heard I'd recommend Padre Pio and Ferrari.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014 edited
    Thanks Alan. I see that both of those are on Spotify and I'll give a listen tomorrow. beer

...erm, or later today to be more accurate. wink sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    His replacement is new to me so I can't comment on his credentials.

Of the Buonvino works I have heard I'd recommend Padre Pio and Ferrari.

How is his music like with a very few words? thanks
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So what did Horner do wrong this time? asked too much a paytime or got in a fight with the director again? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrocodile
    Maybe he never got to write any music at all? Those things happen all the time.

Karol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I assume he didn't write anything given how far away the film's release is, but you never know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrocodile
    Let's hope so, he had a tough few years already. smile Miss the bloke in films, with all his bizarre quirks and all.

Is he attending his concerto premiere in Liverpool, by the way. Anybody knows?

Karol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So let me get this straight, James Horner isn't scoring Fathers and Daughters? what about "Wolf Totem"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrocodile
    It's Annaud. I would be surprised if Horner got rejected on this one.

Karol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    He has already recorded Wolf Totem which is no guarantee of course, but that one would be a massive surprise if he was replaced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So we can report in fact that James Horner is scoring Wolf Totem??!? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
  5. If James Horner has finished recording Wolf Totem... is he technically still scoring it? confused
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  6. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

His replacement is new to me so I can't comment on his credentials. Horner is old enough and wealthy enough and perhaps pissed off enough to take the John Barry route and say fuck you when the movie makers demand something that isn't their voice?

I'd like to say I wish more composers would take that option ( hello Doyle, Tyler etc ) but everyone bar Hans Zimmer seems easily expendable these days. Outside of Spielberg and Star Wars I doubt even John Williams is untouchable anymore.

Thomas Newman.
  7. Southall wrote
    He has already recorded Wolf Totem which is no guarantee of course, but that one would be a massive surprise if he was replaced.

Impossible. Jean-Jacques Annaud is one of the few directors still around who "gets" Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2014
    Another new score for Horner, The 33, about the Chilean miners who were trapped underground. Already recorded according to post at FSM. Film stars Antonio Banderas and comes out next year.
  8. Southall wrote
    Another new score for Horner, The 33, about the Chilean miners who were trapped underground. Already recorded according to post at FSM. Film stars Antonio Banderas and comes out next year.

Hoping Horner can recapture the tension of "Going After Newt" for this one.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. OMG... can't believe they're making that film. Even more surprised Horner is set to score it. :-/
  10. Synchrotones wrote
    OMG... can't believe they're making that film. Even more surprised Horner is set to score it. :-/

I knew it was being filmed because I remember BBC newscaster/journalist Tim Willcox - who covered the events at the time from Chile - saying some time back that he was off to Chile to film a movie (he plays "himself" according to imdb.com).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote

Jesus, what an unappealing concept for a film. Can't imagine there will be much room for the score to breath.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2014 edited
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

Jesus, what an unappealing concept for a film. Can't imagine there will be much room for the score to breath.

Unappealing? You're weird.

I think it's a story that is practically MADE to be an exciting film.

Looking forward to it and whatever Horner can create.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Southall wrote

That's terrific news!! Thanks a lot for sharing!
    Could be something dark, dramatic, claustrophobic... Very much looking forward to this!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Hoping Horner can recapture the tension of "Going After Newt" for this one.

I like your optimism biggrin

It'll be a cross between The Missing, For Greater Glory and Apocalypto, it's main theme played on pan pipes.