• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I feel the same way. I'd dearly love to own a score score, and Willow would be a good choice, but that's a forbidding price tag...
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015
    This are over 350 pages of brilliant music for 85 bucks. That's not much money concidering the tremendous amount of work that has flown into this from the composer, the orchestrators, the copyists etc. etc.!! Please show some acknowledgment and stopp nagging about the price. If you're seriously interested in this conductors score then you certeinly should be willing to pay that amount of money for that treasure trove! There certeinly is a lot to be taken away from this if studied properly. Price is justified in my opinion.
  2. Conductor's scores are simply expensive, and that's a fact. I'm not complaining about the price, but its being justified doesn't change the fact that it's a bit beyond my means at the moment.

Also, I highly doubt in this case that the composer will see a cent from my purchase... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015
    If I could read music, that would have been a treasure, for sure.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2015
    Soundtrack details for James Horner's "The 33":
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/10/29 … k-details/

Here’s the album track list:

1. The Atacama Desert
    2. Empanadas for Darío
    3. To the Heart of The Mountain
    4. The Collapse
    5. Buried Alive
    6. Drilling, The Sweetest Sound!
    7. Prayer – Camp Hope
    8. The Drill Misses (And Dreams Fade…)
    9. Gracias A La Vida – Cote de Pablo
    10. Aiming To Miss
    11. We Are All Well in the Refuge, The 33
    12. Always Brothers
    13. Fénix
    14. First Ascent
    15. Celebrations
    16. Family Is All We Have
    17. Al Final De Este Viaje En La Vida – Los Bunkers
    18. The 33
    19. Hope is Love

Can't wait!!
  3. Gotta cherish these new Horner cue titles while we can. #8 is an instant classic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2015
    biggrin

That it is. The last one as well...
  4. Number 6 as well!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. 17. At the end of this journey in life - Bunkers

IS that a collaboration with Dizzee Rascal?
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015
    Anyone else hear the Amazon samples to the 33 yet? It's far more diverse than I was expecting.
  6. Josh B wrote
    Anyone else hear the Amazon samples to the 33 yet? It's far more diverse than I was expecting.

I had a listen to them yesterday and I quite liked them. Looking forward to hearing the album.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. My review of THE 33 - http://wp.me/p3hOx4-RP
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2015
  8. Southall wrote
    My review of The 33:

http://www.movie-wave.net/the-33/

Did you ever review Spectre?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2015
  9. I had a listen to the clips from the LLLR's expanded BRAVEHEART release. This is one of my favorite scores of all time, so it's a must-have for me. Most of the clips are of things we already had on the original album, but here's one I had never heard before. The track is called "Romantic Alliance" and it's fantastically gorgeous. Check it out.
  10. Had I have to make a wild guess it would have been Delerue. Gorgeous indeed.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  11. Several new reviews

- Brainstorm
    - The Journey of Natty Gann
    - Southpaw
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  12. Nice one Thomas. I especially wholeheartedly agree with your Brainstorm review.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2016 edited
    Brainstorm is a rerecording. I would welcome a rerelease or expanded, original score etc. Brainstorm was the first CD I ever bought, way back in 1987, my copy has deteriorated and the final track no longer plays.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2016
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Several new reviews

- Brainstorm

Both of these are masterpieces. While I understand Natty Gann isn't for everyone, giving Brainstorm anything but a perfect ranking is blasphemous.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  13. Brainstorm 5/5
    Natty Gann 4/5

I think this is correct. smile

Having said that, there was a time, not too long ago that I would give Brainstorm 4 stars. Yep, that's right, because I didn't really get the masterful score that it was from the beginning. It gave me some chills and some thrills, but I far preferred his other chillers and thrillers. Now, at only 30 minutes it shows us that sometimes less is more, and it's actually a perfect little album.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2016
    BRAINSTORM is great, no doubt, but it's not in my Top 10 favourite Horners. It's a bit too "horrorey" for that. I've always been kinda curious about the film, though. It often aired on TCM back when I had that channel, and I kinda surfed by it, but I've never really sat down to watch the whole thing from start to finish.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2016
    I remember enjoying it but I haven't seen it for over 20 years, no idea how it stands up now. There was quite a bit of controversy on the films release due to Natalie Wood's death.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  14. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Several new reviews

- Brainstorm

Both of these are masterpieces. While I understand Natty Gann isn't for everyone, giving Brainstorm anything but a perfect ranking is blasphemous.

-Erik-

Natty Gann isn't a masterpiece, but it does give you that amazing 80's vibe you just don't hear anymore today. Brainstorm is a masterpiece, and perhaps an expanded treatment with an additional track could give me the reason to give it that perfect ranking
  15. DreamTheater wrote
    Brainstorm 5/5
    Natty Gann 4/5

I think this is correct. smile

I didn't see that one coming wink
  16. Synchrotones wrote
    Nice one Thomas. I especially wholeheartedly agree with your Brainstorm review.

thanks smile
    It helped me seeing the film before it
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Natty Gann isn't a masterpiece, but it does give you that amazing 80's vibe you just don't hear anymore today.

I'm sorry you don't feel the way I do because there isn't one fault in Horner's Natty Gann score.

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Brainstorm is a masterpiece, and perhaps an expanded treatment with an additional track could give me the reason to give it that perfect ranking

confused

Expanded? What you have on the 30 minute album is all there pretty much is. And while it would be great to hear the original tracks recorded in LA, there is no better recording OR performance of Brainstrom then what we get on the Varese disc.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Brainstorm is a masterpiece, and perhaps an expanded treatment with an additional track could give me the reason to give it that perfect ranking

confused

Expanded? What you have on the 30 minute album is all there pretty much is. And while it would be great to hear the original tracks recorded in LA, there is no better recording OR performance of Brainstrom then what we get on the Varese disc.

-Erik-

yeah

It really is a perfect soundtrack album, Horner at his brilliant best and in my top 50 all time best film scores.
  17. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Natty Gann isn't a masterpiece, but it does give you that amazing 80's vibe you just don't hear anymore today.

I'm sorry you don't feel the way I do because there isn't one fault in Horner's Natty Gann score.

Thomas Glorieux wrote

confused

-Erik-

there is nothing wrong with Natty Gann, I just don't feel it deserves 5 stars if I would compare it with other 5 star scores

as for Brainstorm, again something in my gut tells me it doesn't deserve the perfect ranking. Something (I don't know what) is still missing