• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. They may release the original material, knowing Sony Classical's relationship with Horner and probably Fuqua's and Franglen's... they might want to do just that as well as the final score.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2016
    Review of Flight, aka The Flying Horsemen, aka Write Your Soul:

http://www.movie-wave.net/flight/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2016
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2016
    I always confuse that with all the other 'flight' things he did, but great news nonetheless!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Excellent news!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven

Okay, now, before I get excited... is this a different score to his other aeronautical one? I'm 83% sure it is.
  2. The other one is more of a concert work inspired by the pilot group he was a member of. This is for a documentary about flying.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The other one is more of a concert work inspired by the pilot group he was a member of. This is for a documentary about flying.

Two other things, actually. The "Horsemen" thing you mention, and then the concert work "Flight". But maybe the latter was an adaption of the former, I can't remember. And I don't think this documentary had anything to do with either. But as I said -- I'm totally confused about this.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm now 65% sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Flight and the Horsemen thing are the same. This is different. From the clips it sounds like Avatar Lite, with a blatant Thomas Newman rip in the second cue and plenty of synths.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oy vey. Doesn't fill me with hope. I wanted to Avatar Max or The Rocketeer 2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2016
    Delighted to hear some new stuff from Horner but, from the clips, this sounds, I don't know... weird.
  3. I am surprised that with Varese (Starship Troopers) and Intrada (Rocketeer) having recently released highly anticipated expansions, there is next to no discussion about these releases here and little elsewhere.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Southall wrote
    From the clips it sounds like Avatar Lite, with a blatant Thomas Newman rip in the second cue and plenty of synths.

the vocal theme sounds very similar to one of trevor rabins themes in Glory Road. in track 1 and 16 it sounds almost like an 1:1 copy, but in other tracks it has more the horner touch. nontheless its a nice theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2016 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    I am surprised that with Varese (Starship Troopers) and Intrada (Rocketeer) having recently released highly anticipated expansions, there is next to no discussion about these releases here and little elsewhere.

I only just have received Starship Troopers, and did not purchase Rocketeer which I never thought needed an expansion (although I'm happy to be proven wrong. I keep an eye on the reviews).

I'll have a listen to Starship Troopers soon, but already owning the in some circles less than accepted expanded 1997 ACME Millennium CD, I don't think there'll be a lot to surprise me.
    But we'll see!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    I am surprised that with Varese (Starship Troopers) and Intrada (Rocketeer) having recently released highly anticipated expansions, there is next to no discussion about these releases here and little elsewhere.

Volker

Good. Let them sink into obscurity. But I'm all for discussing the two excellent scores!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Martijn wrote
    Captain Future wrote

I only just have received Starship Troopers, and did not purchase Rocketeer which I never thought needed an expansion (although I'm happy to be proven wrong. I keep an eye on the reviews).

I'll have a listen to Starship Troopers soon, but already owning the in some circles less than accepted expanded 1997 ACME Millennium CD, I don't think there'll be a lot to surprise me.
    But we'll see!

ACME? Did it make the CD player explode? biggrin
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause

I LIKE your frame of reference!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2016
  5. Great review, James. THE MISSING is a strong score with some wonderful highlights. It's hard to beat among Horner's 2000s output.
  6. Horner's final original non-score work coming out:
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/08/06 … last-work/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. Wow, I didn't know about this. What a wonderful surprise!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016
    According to an FSM post the album also includes various new recordings of cues from film scores, including 15 minutes from a student film he did in the last few years called First in Flight (another "Flight" thing, but not the same as any of the others).
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016
    Southall wrote
    According to an FSM post the album also includes various new recordings of cues from film scores, including 15 minutes from a student film he did in the last few years called First in Flight (another "Flight" thing, but not the same as any of the others).

This would be tremendously exciting!! Bring it on!!smile
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2016
    Tracklist from "Collage":
    1 Conquest Of The Air (From "First In Flight") 05:24
    2 The Ludlows (From "Legends Of The Fall") 06:21
    3 José's Martyrdom (From "For Greater Glory") 03:58
    4 Kitty Hawk (From "First In Flight") 10:06
    5 Little Wolf (From "Wolf Totem") 03:41
    6 Return To The Wild (From "Wolf Totem") 09:46
    7 Part I (From "Iris") 3:50
    8 Main Title & Ripley's Rescue ("Aliens – Suite No.1") 11:30
    9 Collage – Part I – 04:03
    10 Collage – Part II – 04:03
    11 Collage – Part III – 04:19
    12 Collage – Part IV – 03:43
    13 Collage – Part V – 03:00
    14 Collage – Part VI – 02:53
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2016
  8. Two days from Magnificent Seven release! Feels like Christmas! smile
  9. A new interview with Simon Franglen where he's talks a lot about "The Magnificent Seven", and even talks about "Voyage of Time" some:

http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=16491
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  10. Thanks!!