• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. DreamTheater wrote
    Troy expanded (Intrada)

This does NOT feature the Yared masterpiece. No surprises there...

... but I didn't see this release coming at all. And I have to say it's not one that I will be ordering (now or in the future), even if I find the score album I have is decent and enjoyable enough for me, despite it being a competent rush job replacing a far superior score.

Anyone here interested in picking this up?

No. It's a decent score given the circumstances, albeit the danger motive overkill. But the commercial release sounds fine and the content is comprehensive IMO.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2017
    It's a very good score and I enjoy it danger motif and all but I won't be picking this one up, I'm very satisfied with the original release. If it had included Yared's score I'd have snapped at it like starved piranha.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Unreleased Horner:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpIDOx-kLyc
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2017
  3. Thanks for the write up James, a great read.

So were all of the guests there in person or was it only Mel Gibson on stage and the rest with video messages? Can you remember any specific anecdotes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2017
    Ah, no, Mel wasn't on stage, he was a video like the rest. (He really did look, um, rather the worse for wear.)

I'm useless at remembering things. Cameron on the Celine Dion song (after the well-worn part about Horner recording it secretly): "So James says, 'how do you feel about a song?' and I said 'GREAT IDEA, just like that pop song at the end of Schindler's List'"

(I was the only person who seemed to find this one funny) Cameron also said how important he thinks it is for a film to have a strong theme, "one that the composer can use throughout the film - or in James's case, throughout his body of work."

Ron Howard's anecdotes were a bit like Ron Howard's films.
  4. Thanks James. Don't know why I read it as him being there!
  5. It's a been a couple of weeks, but here's my take on the JAMES HORNER LIFE IN MUSIC concert that took place in London. https://wp.me/p3hOx4-1b9
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube