• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I think Spielberg doesn't say anything to him, because he trusts John with his life,

Heh.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    and "jungle chase" (where he succded).

I think he failed with The Jungle Chase as well. The first half of the complete piece is pretty ordinary Williams noodling (Yes, ordinary Williams is still better than most yada yada yada - but Williams is better than this.) It's nothing we haven't heard before and it'snot all that interesting. The Adventures of Mutt tracking is completely out of place as well. Yes, there is a swashbuckling sword fight (which is also completely goofy and out of place) but the music is just too cute and friendly. And when Williams pumps up the piece with his Olympic styled rhythms it finally adds a bit of tension to the cue but still yields a been there done that feel. I don't get ANY of those feelings with the first three scores. I will say this though, there are some interesting variations on the Irena theme in the piece but it's not enough to save it.

-Erik-

PS - Ummm... James Horner thread?!?!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009
    Could this be the James Horner Soundrack to AVATAR?

http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Soundtrack … amp;sr=1-1
  1. The date fits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Aye, that looks like the score CD indeed. Exciting!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I saw the trailer again, last night at the cinema. Looked much better than the hd version on the pc, at least so much detail wasn't visible at the cinema and it hid a bit how fake it looks. Still, those aliens look funny to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They should be Terminators!
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    I saw the trailer again, last night at the cinema. Looked much better than the hd version on the pc, at least so much detail wasn't visible at the cinema and it hid a bit how fake it looks. Still, those aliens look funny to me.

I know what you mean by the aliens looking funny. But that doesn't stop me wanting to see them in full motion with the driving force of Jimbo's storytelling expertise doing its best to transport us on that world, with those creatures fighting the impossible fight. I'm sure the aliens by the end will not look funny, they'll look as human as we'd like them to be.

You saw it in the cinema? I would've loved to see it when I went to Inglorious Basterds, but sadly no! sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009 edited
    I saw the trailer in the cinema, yes. Nothing biggy but it looked far more impressive than the HD version i've seen on the pc, which - due to the large amount of details and high contrast, looked far more fake. smile
  3. It seems that the Avatar soundtrack will be released by Atlantic on December 8th:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002P5XXR0/
  4. Antineutrino wrote
    It seems that the Avatar soundtrack will be released by Atlantic on December 8th:

pre order anyone?
    who dares? tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    It seems that the Avatar soundtrack will be released by Atlantic on December 8th:

pre order anyone?
    who dares? tongue

Absolutely not!

It'll get released, I'll buy it, simple as that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009
    Nice! punk
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009
    Of course, it's pre-ordered!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009
    Could this be Horner music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpp_xpqmf0g
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I very much doubt it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ohnoes. Speculation and assumptions! Reminds me of politicians.
    Kazoo
  5. BasilB wrote
    Could this be Horner music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpp_xpqmf0g

I got the answer: no. It's by:

Libera
    "Far Away"

I brought them up once when talking about the radio program "Hearts of Space", but no one seemed to give a damn. Here is a piece by them that I love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AexBloLzijw
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009
    I kriffing LOVE Libera!! beer One of my few musical affections outside the realm of scores.

Finally, a mere mortal like myself find a point of connection with the Great Justin! (I do not mock, I simply find your tastes to be so different from mine that you must necessarily have a much more mature ear).
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  6. Scribe wrote
    (I do not mock, I simply find your tastes to be so different from mine that you must necessarily have a much more mature ear).

If you love the scores "Conan the Barbarian", Yareds' "Troy", and "Rudy", than we can't be that far apart. tongue

But you look so tiny from my pedestal. All small and adorable. Jsut wanna hug you and squeeze you, and call you George.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    I kriffing LOVE Libera!! beer One of my few musical affections outside the realm of scores.

Finally, a mere mortal like myself find a point of connection with the Great Justin! (I do not mock, I simply find your tastes to be so different from mine that you must necessarily have a much more mature ear).

More info please?
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Scribe wrote

More info please?

Libera is a boys choir. They have a CD release, called "Free" (I think). You can find it on Amazon.com.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  8. Southall wrote
    Libera. Free. How intellectual.

You're jsut jealous 'cause even if you squeezed you balls to the breaking point, you couldn't sing like them. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    justin boggan wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Scribe wrote

More info please?

Libera is a boys choir. They have a CD release, called "Free" (I think). You can find it on Amazon.com.

Thanks. Better than COULAIS' boy choir work?
  9. I would not know. Plenty of complete pieces on YouTube, if you want to give Libera a whirl.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am afraid i am gonna catch a gay.

Did i just say that? shame tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
  10. Christodoulides wrote
    I am afraid i am gonna catch a gay.

Did i just say that? shame tongue

Some kind of hunting expidition? They have Gay Nets now?