• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    Demetris, think Karl Jenkins only a little less experimental and more traditional, and of course the differences between a boys choir and the female singers that Jenkins usually uses.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks. What you described reminds me of ADIEMUS.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Demetris, Libera is the choir performing on Hannibal, too.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah; things change then. wink If they have darker music in their repertoire, apart the usual fluffy classical-sounding boy choirs music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    They definitely have darker music. My favorite piece by them is one called "Sancte" which sounds distinctly like a Williams lament piece i.e. the Order 66 montage from Revenge of the Sith.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Does anyone agree that The Spitfire Grill is just one of his most original scores ever? Listening to it after so very long and it strikes me that this score does without much of the hornerisms that have plagued his more recent work. Of course there is that distinctive sound of his but never did I hear a moment that could've come from something else or is a blatant rip. It's a good score, a little on the soft side for me, but I love the more upbeat cues (with the guitars) and the finale is very emotional. I wouldn't mind hearing such originality in Avatar again.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Does anyone agree that The Spitfire Grill is just one of his most original scores ever? Listening to it after so very long and it strikes me that this score does without much of the hornerisms that have plagued his more recent work. Of course there is that distinctive sound of his but never did I hear a moment that could've come from something else or is a blatant rip. It's a good score, a little on the soft side for me, but I love the more upbeat cues (with the guitars) and the finale is very emotional. I wouldn't mind hearing such originality in Avatar again.

I think when his rejected score to "Youn Guns" sees an official release, TSG might not seem so original in some respects. Just a thought.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Does anyone agree that The Spitfire Grill is just one of his most original scores ever? Listening to it after so very long and it strikes me that this score does without much of the hornerisms that have plagued his more recent work. Of course there is that distinctive sound of his but never did I hear a moment that could've come from something else or is a blatant rip. It's a good score, a little on the soft side for me, but I love the more upbeat cues (with the guitars) and the finale is very emotional. I wouldn't mind hearing such originality in Avatar again.

I think when his rejected score to "Youn Guns" sees an official release, TSG might not seem so original in some respects. Just a thought.

lol
  4. I will do a Sunil on you guys but anyway...

confused confused confused
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm sure that some day when Patrick Doyle's rejected score for Stepmom is released, Eragon will no longer seem so original.
  5. Excuse me for this but is somebody attempting to be funny here? I honestly thought this was a serious forum ??? I remember someone saying that recently !!! angry
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    I am afraid i am gonna catch a gay.

Did i just say that? shame tongue

You needn't be afraid. Admitting to it is always the hardest thing at first. Then you realise it's what you've always felt, and it's the only thing that really makes sense. kiss

wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    It's a worldwide curse!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Hmm... where a Horner-topic can lead...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009 edited
    It's because his new album will be COMING OUT soon...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
  7. Fragments of James Horner's score could be heard throughout the footage - it's seems highly melodic and dreamy. In the sequences we saw, the music was more ethereal and understated than 'big'.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42574
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    Interesting! It certainly looks like James is gonna deliver fine music here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Aintitcool wrote that piece? Wow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Do you think it's by Horner?
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009
    I think you guys wanna read this:

http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/10/a … cinematic/

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Looks good. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    moviescore wrote
    I think you guys wanna read this:

http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/10/a … cinematic/

mc

Thanks for the link! I really hope that this score won't disappoint us.
  8. That article feels a bit like it's feeding the hype machine... shades of Varese Sarabande promotional blurbs? wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    That article feels a bit like it's feeding the hype machine... shades of Varese Sarabande promotional blurbs? wink

Word. Exactly my thoughts but well, that machine - like every machine, needs to be fed too, right? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I thought being EXCLUSIVE means there are some sound bites for our listening pleasure at least. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll ignore the blurb.

Still, this IS without a doubt THE new score I'm anticipating this year.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Thanks a lot guys.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Still, indeed, this score is probably the most anticipating assignment of the year.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Of course it is.

I am sorry I couldn't bring you any sound bites (I'm not God) and that you read this piece (which is the result of many months of trying to get into the "machinery") as a big promotional blurb designed only to feed the hype machine. I guess I was totally out on a limb when I thought you were actually interested in getting to know a few facts about this score.

shocked rolleyes

mc