• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009
    Star Trek III

...I hope!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    I'm hoping for a Balto expanded release, though I doubt if this is it.

That would be amazing! It's one of my favorite scores. But I agree, the odds of that are slim.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's limited to 1500, so it's unlikely to be one that the masses have been crying out for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    And it's from the 90's so Star Trek III it is not...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Here are the completely unreleased 1990s Horner scores:

Jade (1995)
    House of Cards (1993)
    My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys (1991)
    Norman and the Killer (1991)
    Extreme Close-Up (1990) (TV)
    I Love You to Death (1990)

Never seen any of those films.

There are two Horner scores from the decade which were previously released by Intrada - Unlawful Entry and Thunderheart. I would not be in the queue for reissues/expansions of either of those.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I only saw I Love You to Death from that list. But I can't remember the score at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Here are the completely unreleased 1990s Horner scores:

Jade (1995)
    House of Cards (1993)
    Norman and the Killer (1991)
    Extreme Close-Up (1990) (TV)

Never seen any of those films.

There are two Horner scores from the decade which were previously released by Intrada - Unlawful Entry and Thunderheart. I would not be in the queue for reissues/expansions of either of those.

Definitely not, no. THUNDERHEART was pure torture as it is, lots of meandering drones. At least that's the way I remember it. I sold it many years ago.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote

Oh, and also A Far Off Place, but the existing album is a very strong representation (there's an expanded bootleg, which is far less satisfying).
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Southall wrote
    Southall wrote

Oh, and also A Far Off Place, but the existing album is a very strong representation (there's an expanded bootleg, which is far less satisfying).

Well, I hope it's gonna be one of those:

House of Cards (1993)

An unlawful entry was crap, if you ask me, and a re-realise of A Far Off Place or Thunderheart would - in my opinion too - not make too much sense.
    Bring up first the not yet officially released scores, befor going into re-realise-politics (or do both parallel! wink )!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    "Re-realize"....I love that term and think it should be used more often in soundtracks, our equivalent of "re-imagining", in a way.

P.S. You obviously meant re-release, but I was just going with your typo....no offense.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    When is this realise going to be announced?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009 edited
    Now!

It's NOT Star Trek III

Any opinions?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I didn't care for it. Wasn't bad, but not my cup-of-tea.

Lukas over at FSM said he's already working on Trek 3 -- just hard to get (the rights are tied up a little), and to not bother him about it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Yeah I'm wondering if House of Cards is worth it. I like his 90s sound but to what of his more known soundtracks of that period could it be compared?

And that's good news about Trek 3, at least we know it's in the works, even if it could take more time than we would like.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    Well, I thinks, this looks very good!
    And the sound clips sound very much like James Horner...
    Ordered! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Ordered! I know I'll regret it otherwise since this is the year of Horner after all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ordered it too, though I know nothing about it. At FSM people have compared it with Sneakers and Spitfire Grill, which sounds good to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Where is the clip from Avatar who everyone says? or it's only the anti cool article?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anti-cool is certainly one of the most spot-on descriptions i've ever saw anyone attributing to the aintitcoolnews website.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The clips of HOUSE OF CARDS sound lovely....I'm very much into this kind of mellow stuff these days, and Horner is one of my absolute favourites. Still, as I barely have enough funds to acquire my latest Elfmans and Williamses and Goldenthals, I'll have to let this one pass.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I'm in your shoes, Thor, except that I guess that I'm going to buy this because I know I will regret it if I don't when it will be out of print and the copies at e-bay will cost 50-80 $.
  2. Sold out.
  3. So happy I ordered it. I liked the clips so it would've been a crime to let it pass. But being from an A-list composer, they could've pressed another 1500 and the thing would've sold out eventually I guess.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    So happy I ordered it. I liked the clips so it would've been a crime to let it pass. But being from an A-list composer, they could've pressed another 1500 and the thing would've sold out eventually I guess.

good to hear you ordered it, considering it's already sold out shocked
    amazing

I don't think you Horner fans can't complain this year, with all those releases you've received during the year
    I hope someday they'll do it to Zimmer as well tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Amen. Especially a complete of bunny.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Amen. Especially a complete of bunny.

*ahem* may I just say on behalf of Steven and myself.........

kill bunny
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    The clips of HOUSE OF CARDS sound lovely....I'm very much into this kind of mellow stuff these days, and Horner is one of my absolute favourites. Still, as I barely have enough funds to acquire my latest Elfmans and Williamses and Goldenthals, I'll have to let this one pass.

Me too. I thought the clips sounded gorgeous and it's a Horner I would definitely buy in more lucrative times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Damn, the clips are lovely. Wish I'd have gotten in there sooner.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Damn, the clips are lovely. Wish I'd have gotten in there sooner.

That's the problem with these releases getting announced at around 2.00AM GMT slant

I could have bought it and maybe I should have, at the least so someone could have bought it at cost price!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I guess it may still be available at SAE or moviemusic.com. It will of course mysteriously appear at disgustingly inflated cost at certain retailers in a couple of weeks.