• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Intrada is showing less than 200 copies left of "Something Wicked This Way Comes". If you've been putting buying it off, well ... by the pricking of my thumb, a sell out this way comes...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. It seems Intrada will release another Horner score: http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php … p;start=60
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009 edited
    Avatar trailer (without any of Horner's score): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhkPpcbu-Ts
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    Hmm... good news all around! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    This looks much better than the teaser!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Definitely! One I want to see.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Antineutrino wrote
    It seems Intrada will release another Horner score: http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php … p;start=60

Not necessarily; they did say a composer who has gotten a lto of attention this year from them, and that also includes Harline, especially when you count the multiple scores on some discs.

Though count me in if it's an early Horner. Back when the man could practically do no wrong.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Twentieth Century Fox.

Any other link preferrably in HD?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009
    Intrada releases another Horner score - and I've never even heard of it. Extreme Close-Up.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6377/.f

Anyone know it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nope! Never heard of it!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Southall wrote
    Intrada releases another Horner score - and I've never even heard of it. Extreme Close-Up.

Anyone know it?

Jep, very nice and tender piano passages... just listen to the sound clips. Gives you quite a good impression, what to expect!
    Ordered! cheesy

This Horner realise 'wave' is just fantastic... and about getting expensive... wink

All best
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009 edited
    I'll be giving it a miss.

I love Horner but I'm glad I'm not a completist, these Horner releases are coming thick and fast.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    haunting material for keyboards with assist from string colors
  4. I'll be skipping this one. It seems to be piano-dominated with some synth work. Not enough to knock me senseless.

Us fans really are being looked after this year that's for sure. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Like every Horner score of that time then wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Yeah - Glory, Sneakers, Land Before Time - jeez, everything's the same!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

That would be funny were it true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

That would be funny were it true.

I know i know jeez you're tough! His calmer spitfire-like scores, are piano-led and string / synth-pad supported.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    Southall wrote

Anyone know it?

Less than 150 copies remaining... the ones, who do: stopp thinking, act! wink
  5. Does anybody have the link to James Horner's famous extended rant against Terrence Malick (The New World)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTimon
    Here's a written version:
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2 … topic=2751

The audio is lost it seems. Other on the score interviews by Daniel Schweiger can be found here
    http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?cat=18
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The Schweiger/Horner program is a classic, by the way. One of the best composer interviews I've heard, even though it's clear just how "Hollywood-minded" Horner is.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    The Schweiger/Horner program is a classic, by the way. One of the best composer interviews I've heard, even though it's clear just how "Hollywood-minded" Horner is.

Ditto!
  6. A few clips from Horner's score are now up at the official movie page: www.avatarmovie.com
    Sounds amazing!
  7. Scorefanatic wrote
    A few clips from Horner's score are now up at the official movie page: www.avatarmovie.com
    Sounds amazing!

don't want to hear it
    must RESIST crazy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sounds much like I expected, really. (Surprisingly lengthy samples there!) I don't think it's going to attract quite the same level of devotion as the Titanic score, somehow!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Are we sure it's not APOCALYPTO that plays?

If this is NOT apocalypto, i am very excited to get an apocalypto II.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nop. It's not apocalypto...but it's very, very good!
  8. Yeah, Titanic 2 this definitely will not become. But I wouldn't call it boring. It has more in common with Apocalypto though. I just hope it won't be 80 minutes of that. A good 25-30 minutes would be my limit.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Sounds much like I expected, really. (Surprisingly lengthy samples there!) I don't think it's going to attract quite the same level of devotion as the Titanic score, somehow!

What did youthink of it James?

I'm resisting having a listen