• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited
    Antineutrino wrote
    The sound clip sounds great. punk

How can you play the sound clip? My computer does nothing with it.

EDITED: OK, I just had to change to Explorer.

It really sounds fantastic! Much better than the snippets you can hear at the movie's site.
  1. This clip doesn't seem to be on the cd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Into the Na'vi World = Jake enters his avatar world... perhaps?
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Ah, that sounds bloody good!
    "Mighty Joe Young" in space.... ;-)
    December 15th can't come fast enough!!!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Is it just me or did that piece on the website do nothing? It didn't seem original or special in any particular way. slant
  2. Than we have a very different idea of what special is...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    I call it the hypewheel...

wave spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Anthony wrote
    Is it just me or did that piece on the website do nothing? It didn't seem original or special in any particular way. slant

I wouldn't call it special either, but it does sound great. I hope that the majority of the album will contain as melodic music as this one and only the minority will be the exotic/jungle/forest sounding tracks like the ones we can hear at the film's official website.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Antineutrino wrote
    The sound clip sounds great. punk

The clips from where?

There are no clips in "avatarscore.com" slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    It's in the box on the left side, under "music". I think you need the latest version of Flash to use that function.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTimon
    Reminds me of Badelts The Time Machine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timon wrote

shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorTimon
    Which is very good! Thats one of my favourites. The music. Not the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Yes, I agree, the chanting in the track does remind a bit of The Time Machine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    It's in the box on the left side, under "music". I think you need the latest version of Flash to use that function.

Oh! thanks!

Im listening the first track.... It's Mancina's tarzan (the soft guitars and flutes) mixed with Mighty joe Young! shocked

The theme as heard in this track (we still will have to hear soooooooo much ) it's pretty average. Something that Tyler could came up with.

Just one clip? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Mancina... Tyler... Badelt. You guys are making me hurt more and more with each fresh blow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Mancina... Tyler... Badelt. You guys are making me hurt more and more with each fresh blow.

Well... At least we are not saying it's the themes from Titanic, or Braveheart, or the missing. At least we are not hearing the "danger motif".

So you can be happy. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Southall wrote

I guess we can't judge the music by this single short sound clip but I am sure it will sound like Horner. And, as I had stated before, I like this sound clip much more than the rhytmic/not-too-melodic stuff that can be heard at the movie's official site. So now I'm a bit more excited about this score than before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm liking what I heard so far. The jungle-esque music in the movie site and the choral/orchestral material in the new clip, all the while retaining significant melody, seems like something of my choice. I hope the rest of the score lives up to the attention it's getting.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Southall wrote

My point too. Please don't compare Horner with composers like Tyler and Badelt!
    I think, the clip on the page avatarscore.com sounds very promising and very "densely" orchestrated... beside, I'm not at all thinking we've heard it all yet. There seems to be a lot of action-packed stuff to come... so let it come! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very interesting to note, that no score has attracted such attention on pre-release status, for long now. I guess from all the composers working today, Horner and Zimmer generate the larger buzz!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Dark Knight already had 150 pages by this time...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    AVATAR page over at amazon.com with CD COVER

http://www.amazon.com/AVATAR-Motion-Pic … mp;s=music
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Very interesting to note, that no score has attracted such attention on pre-release status, for long now. I guess from all the composers working today, Horner and Zimmer generate the larger buzz!

Jablonsky's Transformers scores too.

The cover looks nice BTW. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Jablonsky's Transformers scores too.

The cover looks nice BTW. smile

Do you know who is Grace Jones?

Yes? then try to mix her with some Smurf.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timon wrote

slant cry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    The Dark Knight already had 150 pages by this time...

That's because everyone agrees on a great score and the conversation fizzles out quickly.

The Dark Knight was a massive hit of a film ( an exceptionally good film IMO ) with a luke warm highly forgettable score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    The clip on the score website does not sound like Badelt at all. It sounds exactly like James Horner. It just happens to have a female choir that sounds vaguely like Karl Jenkins' or Badelt's Jenkins-inspired digitized version. But it is used in a completely different way.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Having just listened to it ( I like it! ) I agree with what Matt just said.