• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I think some hairdressers need it when a not-yet good English speaker comes to them. A very young and inexperienced Penelope Cruz was regularly asking for blow jobs (instead of blow dry) christmas_biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009
    She was asking for them? Wow. What a gorgeously great girl!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Yes, she was. It took her a while to realize what she was saying.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Really? It took her a while?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009 edited
    Those who met her in that 'while' space are so fucking lucky! She got lucky i guess because where she was asking them for, everyone was either female or homosexual.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Yeah, trumpets are stupid. What do you need them for, anyway?

People are always blowing their own trumpets around here.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Sunil wrote
    Read this:

http://www.filmtracks.com/scoreboard/in … read=46376

They are almost bashing at our beloved Thomas. Oh! yeah! i can see live Avatar show, CLASH OF TWO FORUM. biggrin Interesting! wink

cool, I'm famous punk

I will never be as good as Clemmensen, I'm happy to be myself

I especially like this remark:

All I know is: Thomas Glorieux can't write a decent review, He can't write properly, he doesn't seem to be very knowledgeable in film music, and his reviews are self-indulgent expressions of enthousiasm instead of constructive analyses. He is dwarfed by people like Clemmensen, Broxton and Southall.

wow, this person knows me even better than I know myself smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    All I know is: Thomas Glorieux can't write a decent review, He can't write properly, he doesn't seem to be very knowledgeable in film music, and his reviews are self-indulgent expressions of enthousiasm instead of constructive analyses. He is dwarfed by people like Clemmensen, Broxton and Southall.

Personally, I often prefer unabashed enthusiasm to cynical (de)constructive analyses. smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  4. Scribe wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Personally, I often prefer unabashed enthusiasm to cynical (de)constructive analyses. smile

everyone has his own taste in that, I'm glad I'm different than the rest smile

but self indulgent? shocked
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ...his reviews are self-indulgent expressions of enthusiasm instead of constructive analyses...

I find that someone's enthusiasm is more likely to get me interested in a score rather than an "analysis" of the music itself. The analysis is interesting in itself but for that initial spark of interest, it's the enthusiasm that gets me hooked.

Keep up the good work, Thomas.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yes, they are different sort of reviews.

But we have a good team of now several reviewers, and they voice different scores. Joep, Thomas, Justin now and then, Tom of course, sometimes William, and one time myself. I plan to really start with a better review section next year, and I hope we become a source for all kinds of opinions on all kinds of scores.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pf, why bother people? Keep doing your jobs and remember there's no such thing as bad publicity wink
  6. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ...his reviews are self-indulgent expressions of enthusiasm instead of constructive analyses...

I find that someone's enthusiasm is more likely to get me interested in a score rather than an "analysis" of the music itself. The analysis is interesting in itself but for that initial spark of interest, it's the enthusiasm that gets me hooked.

Keep up the good work, Thomas.

I don't pay much attention to it, but thanks Alan for the positive remark wink
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Pf, why bother people? Keep doing your jobs and remember there's no such thing as bad publicity wink

that's why I posted the "Filmtracks is history", MainTitles will make History" remark tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I've seldom been able to finish reading a Filmtracks review. I find them to be very long-winded.
    Now, there's room for in-depth analysis for sure. But somehow, reading the reviews there just makes it an exercise in patience and focus. I've also found myself disagreeing with his opinion on many scores so I check out other review sites that are more to my tastes instead. However, I do like the fact that he has sound samples along side his reviews. I've often found that he's the only one to have samples for many OOP stuff. So thanks for all that!

TL;DR:
    Brevity is an art
    Which FilmTracks hath not
    Enjoy the samples instead
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009
    Steady now BP, they might lose their sense of humour again. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

cool, I'm famous punk

I will never be as good as Clemmensen, I'm happy to be myself

I especially like this remark:

I appreciate your optimism. In fact, i really appreciate even Clemmensen, Broxton and Southall who are doing fabulous job. I know its not easy to write an review. There are some stupid people out there who just express their opinion blindly. Of course, as our beloved Christodoulides said, we should do our job and we should not bother about these things.

Keep it up, my friend!

I wish a very Happy Christmas and Happy New Year.

Have a nice day!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  8. Thanks Sunil, really appreciate it

Have a lovely Christmas as well
  9. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

that's why I posted the "Filmtracks is history", MainTitles will make History" remark tongue

I really like your spin on that dude, saying that Filmtracks has made history, and you're right. Before MT there was only one reference for me: it's review section. Many buys in my collection is thanks to that little website.

But I can see how that remark can be misinterpreted. In fact 90% of the times it's being read it will be.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I really like your spin on that dude, saying that Filmtracks has made history, and you're right. Before MT there was only one reference for me: it's review section. Many buys in my collection is thanks to that little website.

But I can see how that remark can be misinterpreted. In fact 90% of the times it's being read it will be.

that's their problem, if they would be able to take the time to look further, they could see in the link section this remark of me:

"The Walhalla of filmmusic reviews, a lot of reviews, enormously vicious readers and a scoreboard forum that often depicts Jesus Christ, basically heaven. The site I often base upon my purchasing. Even though he's a Rachel Portman enthusiast, he's fair to bash any score that he doesn't like. Also has occasional prize contests! Excellent site!"

that doesn't look like criticism to me wink

ah well, he that doesn't know me, thinks he does smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
    The 5 first tracks from AVATAR are realy good specially the renditions of the main theme in "jack enters..", "biolomenescence" and "becoming one of the people".

I say this because it seems like I hated that score, but it's not enterily true.
  11. Nautilus wrote
    The 5 first tracks from AVATAR are realy good specially the renditions of the main theme in "jack enters..", "biolomenescence" and "becoming one of the people".

I say this because it seems like I hated that score, but it's not enterily true.

I still have to hear it, the second half will kick but, but the first will decide the fate of this score's rating
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
    I'm just after watching Avatar. I Liked This Movie for what it is, It was really overwhelming, all the special effects, new technology, the cration of this whole new World. The story, well it is the a rehash of so many plot but it somehow stick together and can be appriciated. What About The Score. James Horner did what he does best, He was pushing the buttons, creating mood and when he could He elevated The scene. Some say that Horner isn't good when it is about to creating world with music. I disagre. Yes He Can. Did He Do that with this Movie, well partially yes. But I Think This Is exactly what They both Jim & James smile wanted and as a Colaboration process They Did a fantastic Job. The Music works Great with The Picture and This is what It is all about , right ? dizzy
  12. If anyone can transport me to any other world (real or fabricated) it's Jimmy Horner. So I agree with you there Roy.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
    Jim I used for Cameron dizzy but whatever smile
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    I realized some of You were looking for this interview With Horner about Troy and The New World. If There Are Someone Still Intresting I can Share it cause I Have It smile
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    Nautilus wrote
    Avatar score is a chaos in the movie. More thoughts in Recent Vieweing topic tongue

Oh, and Mr Horner, if you want to copy Zimmer, you better beggin with give credit to Nicholad Dodd as Additional music, because half of the action music from Avatar is pure David Arnold tongue

I Know It's an old Post. But hell I'm a little bit confused dizzy I guess there's something Lost in Translation smile So If Horner Wants to be like Zimmer He should give credits to all people around him so when his music starts sounding like someone elses he could say it's someone else fault ? Or Maybe He tried copies Zimmer but didn't make it and it end up sounding like Arnold and then there's Nicolas Dodd in the middle, hell I don't Know? spin Could someone Help me to understand The Logic of this ? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009 edited
    Word to the wise, Roy: Jordi (Nautilus) doesn't use logic. Ever.
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    Good to Know smile
  13. Steven wrote
    Word to the wise, Roy: Jordi (Nautilus) doesn't use logic. Ever.

Yes, he would be Spock's nemesis.