• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. From now on, please continue to vote here:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ree-scores
  2. Thanks!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thanks!

biggrin

You need your post count to increase eh? wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  3. Silly boys - increasing your post count is what the 'Associating Thoughts' thread is for! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Silly boys - increasing your post count is what the 'Associating Thoughts' thread is for! wink

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I agree!

He agrees!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Bregt wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thanks!

biggrin

You need your post count to increase eh? wink

Yep!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Southall wrote
    I agree!

shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008
  6. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote
    I agree!

shame

Shameless!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    You cheaters dizzy
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    What in the world is happening with you people?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Is anyone planning on seeing Spiderwick Chronicles?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008 edited
    Bffff...another Chronicles of Narnia - Golden Compass - Stardust - the others I can´t remember - the ones that are coming soon - wanabe?
    Booooring, very boooring sleep
    Amazing how Hollywood pushes the envelope until the limit, until the audience is exhausted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    But this one is different...its set to the score of Casper! biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin Touché wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote
    But this one is different...its set to the score of Casper! biggrin

LOL! biggrin biggrin biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Marselus wrote
    Bffff...another Chronicles of Narnia - Golden Compass - Stardust - the others I can´t remember - the ones that are coming soon - wanabe?
    Amazing how Hollywood pushes the envelope until the limit, until the audience is exhausted.

No wonder i havent been in a theatre in the last two years (or almost). Especially with tickets at 10€....
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008
    Marselus wrote

I actually like all three of the movies that you mentioned... I guess I should go see the Spiderwick Chronicles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008
    I really have a problem, I used to love Horner. But Right now this man really annoys me.

What can I do? I want enjoy again his masterpieces! sad
  7. Try LEGENDS OF THE FALL or THE MISSING. They always help me when I can't stand Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    I really have a problem, I used to love Horner. But Right now this man really annoys me.

What can I do? I want enjoy again his masterpieces! sad

Star Trek
    Krull
    Brainstrom
    Aliens
    Willow
    The Land Before Time
    The Rocketeer
    Legends of the Fall
    The Spitfire Grill
    Braveheart
    Apollo 13
    The Mask of Zorro
    Radio
    the Perfect Storm

That should do!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. franz_conrad wrote
    Try LEGENDS OF THE FALL or THE MISSING. They always help me when I can't stand Horner.

The Missing is so trying to copy Legends it annoys the hell out of me... I can't stand it anymore. And I was hoping for another classic... I've gone and sold my copy.

@Erik Woods: Nice list, exactly what I would pick, but no Titanic? I listened to that score nearly on a daily basis when it released. Now, a lot less but I still adore it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    @Erik Woods: Nice list, exactly what I would pick, but no Titanic? I listened to that score nearly on a daily basis when it released. Now, a lot less but I still adore it.

Ya... I always seem to forget about Titanic when creating a Horner best of list. I too listened to the score over and over and over again when it was first released and since revisted it for the first time in years and IMHO it still holds up... Enya rips and all. So, add Titanic to the list.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Titanic eh? yeah right tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

It's actually really good!

-Erik-
  9. DreamTheater wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Try LEGENDS OF THE FALL or THE MISSING. They always help me when I can't stand Horner.

The Missing is so trying to copy Legends it annoys the hell out of me... I can't stand it anymore. And I was hoping for another classic... I've gone and sold my copy.

In parts it's trying to copy LEGENDS. I think the main theme is one of his better ones though, there's some interesting orchestrational choices he wouldn't have pulled for LEGENDS (the chairs-as-percussion, for example), and for the most part, it's more of a thriller/action score. LEGENDS is a drama/epic score. The overlaps aren't actually that strong at all.

FOUR FEATHERS is another highlight from recent years for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It's actually really good!

-Erik-

You might as well talk to a brick wall, trust me.