• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    One of the track titles is "Jacket On, Jacket Off!" It's on par with with "Wax On, Wax Off!"

biggrin

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    How's the score like
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Yeah I want to know too.

Didn't expect it this soon, shows how much I'm following film music anymore.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010
    Wow, I listened to the sound clips at iTunes. Lo and behold, the track "Kung Fu Heaven" contains my beloved Religious Sound. Take a listen, Tim, Martijn and other lovers of this sound!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Wow, I listened to the sound clips at iTunes. Lo and behold, the track "Kung Fu Heaven" contains my beloved Religious Sound. Take a listen, Tim, Martijn and other lovers of this sound!

Will do! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeap! Horner is channeling Vaughan Williams again, never a bad thing in my book cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Thor wrote

To me, this sounds like "The DaVinci Code"...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010 edited
    BasilB wrote
    Thor wrote

Indeed. Pretty blatantly by the way.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Marselus wrote
    BasilB wrote
    Thor wrote

Indeed. Pretty blatantly by the way.

Well, THE DA VINCI CODE contains my beloved sound too.

Personally, I didn't get that connection, though. More like Vaughan Williams' TALLIS. But then again, that's the BENCHMARK for much of this stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    The first half of that theme channels the Rose of Arimathea theme literally, but it's ultimately in full length a 1:19 min. track, so what are we talking about here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    'Kung Fu Heaven' is definitely Da Vinci Code... but then Da Vinci code is Vaughan Williams. I really like it!
  2. So what's the general verdict on the Kungfu Kid? I don't want to get my hopes up too high. But I really hope that 10 minute cue is a true showstopper.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    'Kung Fu Heaven' is definitely Da Vinci Code... but then Da Vinci code is Vaughan Williams. I really like it!

Different route, same result wink

That RVW sound is probably why I love DaVinci so much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    BobdH wrote
    The first half of that theme channels the Rose of Arimathea theme literally, but it's ultimately in full length a 1:19 min. track, so what are we talking about here?

I hear "tell me now" theme too
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Different route, same result wink

That RVW sound is probably why I love DaVinci so much.

And of course, RVW in turn refers back to old lithurgical tone languages, like that of Bruckner, who in turn refers to Bach, who refers to Palestrini etc. It's all a particular musical vernacular that is often used to underline spirituality, and has been so for many years. I like the various versions of this sound as it appears in classical music and film music.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very true Thor, though RVW's inspiration goes back way further than those you mentioned ( except Palestrini ), Thomas Tallis was 1500's, but I know what you mean.

Still, it's RVW's sound that the Horner's, Williams, JNH etc are primarily influenced by.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Does the score have lots of Asian elements since it takes place in China and is about kung fu?
  3. No.

And if you ask me this is a good thing. Horner obviously concentrates more on the serious human drama aspects of the film. This is definitely not the Horner version of Kung Fu Panda.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    How disappointing.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Nautilus wrote
    BobdH wrote

Exactly! There definitely is "Tell me now" in there...

Anyway, we all know the sound of Horner and I am one of those, who really like that sound.
    "The Karate Kid" in my opinion has some really powerfull passages (and I don't mean only the action stuff during the last five tracks). For exemple, I love the track "I Want to go home - the forbidden City". There are a lot of playful moments, which is great.
    The ten minutes track is not a show stopper, in my opinion. But the last two tracks are really uplifting.

What I generally miss a bit, is coherency during the album. But all in all a solid, and very entertaining listen with some really beautiful moments. Annoying are the Zimmer statements... 3,5 out of 5 stars in my book.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    BasilB wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    BobdH wrote

Exactly! There definitely is "Tell me now" in there...

4.31 mark in "final contest" biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Antineutrino wrote
    No.

And if you ask me this is a good thing. Horner obviously concentrates more on the serious human drama aspects of the film. This is definitely not the Horner version of Kung Fu Panda.

Thank God!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    The CD-R on demand CD has gone from amazon.com. Does it mean that it will only be available as a download? That would make me very mad crazy
  4. It's still there (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OUXEZ6/). I still would wait if Silva Screen or another label releases a real CD in Europe.
  5. Oscar Winner Horner Scores Horsemen Music

The Horsemen love searching the skies for tiny suspended moments of formation perfection. In it, time freezes, the team becomes one, and the Earth rotates around us. These fleeting moments appear like a bolt of lightning… stunning... electric... and then they are gone.

We are often asked, what does it feel like to do this in Mustangs? Finding the words to express it always seemed to slip away and vanish in the clouds… lost forever… until we met James Horner.

James is an Oscar-winning composer for such legendary films as Avatar, Titanic, Braveheart, Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind, Field Of Dreams, Glory, and Legends Of The Fall. The list goes on and on.

As luck would have it, besides music, James loves to fly. Even more important, he loves Mustangs, their thundering Merlin engines, and formation aerobatics… imagine that! Once again, the Horsemen’s P-51 skeleton key opened another magical door. It is through this door that our friendship and passions took flight.

Looking back, it seems inevitable that our obsession for music, film, and flying would project James and the Horsemen onto the world's biggest silver screen… air show center stage. This film documents how we landed there together and takes you behind-the-scenes as Horner records his musical masterpiece for the Horsemen. We truly believe James' score has captured the pure essence of flight and expressed its soul.

Not just for us… for EVERYONE.

EVERYONE who looks to the sky, dreams to soar without limitations… to fly… and Escape Life’s Gravity.

http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=6a0 … ;a=feature

Great music. Good to know that it will be released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010 edited
    Even more cool to know he's kind of a "stunt pilot", if I understood it correctly. That certainly came out of the blue...

This explains why he's so good at "flying music"!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    shocked

Want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Antineutrino wrote
    It's still there (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OUXEZ6/). I still would wait if Silva Screen or another label releases a real CD in Europe.

It's interesting: when I checked an hour ago it was not there confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    shocked

Want.

Indeedy!
  6. That Horesmen music sounds wonderful! That's the James Horner I love to listen to.