• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Ordered. Along with the last Horner release, Something Wicked. I hope they are more to my taste than Honey!

you didn't like Honey? face-palm-mt

anyway, my brother ordered it, so why order it twice tongue

I like the softer parts, put I don't care for the jazzy action parts. The first 3 cues I was like confused
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Scribe wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Ordered. Along with the last Horner release, Something Wicked. I hope they are more to my taste than Honey!

I like the softer parts, put I don't care for the jazzy action parts. The first 3 cues I was like confused

okay, but it is barely jazzy at all in the remainder of the score
    and you should know, James Horner used this jazzy technique (and even melody) before in his other scores

anyway, for me it is not the jazzy pieces which distinguish Honey, it are the amazing adventure cues punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Scribe wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Scribe wrote

Those opening tracks are the kind of energetic spunky Horner I absolutely love ! The score is a funhouse of Hornerisms and a great one at that.

And yes I'm so happy Natty Gann got released... The music is wonderful and needless to say it has already been ordered.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    that friggin facepalm is used excessively isn't it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    that friggin facepalm is used excessively isn't it?

Not as much as I thought it would be actually. I tend to save it for the most deserving cases, and sometimes for the more, shall we say, extreme cases I direct people to my profile picture.
  3. Southall wrote
    Scribe wrote

Not sure about Something Wicked, but this should be. I only heard it once I think, but remember it being a stunner.

Did you get SOMETHING WICKED? I'm not sure if I should get it, and you usually have nice things to say about Horner scores. smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote
    Scribe wrote

Not sure about Something Wicked, but this should be. I only heard it once I think, but remember it being a stunner.

Did you get SOMETHING WICKED? I'm not sure if I should get it, and you usually have nice things to say about Horner scores. smile

Well, i am very positive he did indeed get something wicked; i heard him talking the other day about ups delivering an "ultra pleasure 4000" confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote
    Scribe wrote

There's always those lengthy clips *cough* you can listen to see if it's worth a purchase.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I liked the main theme on Wicked. It kinda petered out after that, but it still swims miles around any average score coming out today!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote
    Scribe wrote

There's always those lengthy clips *cough* you can listen to see if it's worth a purchase.

I prefer to purchase on rumour, hearsay and mob enthusiasm, frankly. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote
    Scribe wrote

I did. I like it and you would probably like it.
  5. That's that, then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndy
    What!? Natty Gann finally released?! That's amazing news, and I almost missed it!
    Cookie monster
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    That's that, then.

Mustn't... use... facepalm...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009 edited
    Andy wrote

Andy.
    Andy.
    Now there's a name I haven't heard for a long time... a long time.

Andy wrote
    and I almost missed it!

Obviously you're not staying abreast of soundtrack news.
    You gotta keep track of these developments, mate!
    Maybe you should start a site.... oh. Wait.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndy
    Yeah, I know... I haven't paid that much attention to the world of film music lately. But with releases like this, it's starting to get interesting again!
    Cookie monster
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Andy, hey mate! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Holy! shocked cheesy
    Kazoo
  6. Yeah, long time no see smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    And it keeps sounding bloody good:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/avatarnews.php?id=56535

Those scene descriptions are mough watering. Not to think about what James Horner is about to compose for those images... go, Jimmy!
  7. BasilB wrote

Those scene descriptions are mough watering. Not to think about what James Horner is about to compose for those images... go, Jimmy!

oooooohhhh, sounds almost tooooooo good to be true
    Cameron rules punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009
    I hope the score is as good. Can't tell you how much I want to see the good ol' J.Ho back on the mainstreams. We want a winner here Jamie, ye'hear?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    BasilB wrote

Looks terrific indeed! James Horner has had quite a lot of time for getting the score done too... I hope he's utilised it well! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I, too, hope that this music (and movie) will turn out good. But I slightly worry, since Horner's latest action filled scores were less than inspired. And I guess we'll get quite an amount of action in this movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009 edited
    I would love to hear a blend of Horner's orchestral and synthesizer capabilities on this film. I'm thinking along the lines of Michael Land's The Dig.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. Erik Woods wrote
    I would love to hear a blend of Horner's orchestral and synthesizer capabilities on this film. I'm think along the lines of Michael Land's The Dig.

-Erik-

I love The Dig, both game and music.

Would be fantastic to have something like that ethereal music accompany the spectacle that Cameron is sure to stomp into our unprepared brains. I have nothing but highest hopes for score and film.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  9. BasilB wrote

With posts like these, the hype will only rise through the roof!!!! punk

I'm interested to know if the movie will work in 2D as well. I can't invest in a 3D home cinema at the moment... sad
  10. Less than 200 copies left of Natty Gann, according to Intrada. IF you were wanting this -- don't put it off!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    Ordered it a few minutes ago! I'm really looking forward to this. spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    Where's my Natty Gann? I come home and it's not waiting for me slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt