• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    A very good point Martijn. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009 edited
    I think people with a Twitter account can now listen to the Avatar score here... I don't have an account, so don't know how it works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Artworks wrote
    I think people with a Twitter account can now listen to the Avatar score here... I don't have an account, so don't know how it works.

It works smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    People with a twitter account only can hear this? ThatÅ› the most retarded thing i've ever heard!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's good business sense though. Not that I care since I'M WAITING FOR THE CD!!! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Just a note: Every one buys the CD or downloads the album on Dec 15th will be able to hear it as well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    IS this the most hyped score ever? Quite possible so i say, do you agree?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ever? Hmm...

Indy And The Crystal Skull was pretty high.

I think this probably wins for most hyped score ever and no one knows anything about it yet other than reports from people who have heard it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It wasn't on twitter and available to listen completely in weird websites via weird procedures, was it? Not to mention all the articles about it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

I don't think it's that bad, but then we are on opposite sides of the camp on this one (me a Horner fan; you not much of a Horner fan). If it was a project you were interested in, say, Desplat given a year to write for a European movie about a beautiful girl who's life is ever so complicated and has ever so dark yet romantic adventures, then perhaps your view would be slightly different?

Plus I've stayed well away from reading all these articles. Mostly because I'm not interested, but partly to avoid getting my hopes up too high. Perhaps I should stay away from the Horner thread too... but then where's the fun in that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    oooooooooh not again, who said i am not a Horner fan? wink I am just neutrally discussing and cauterizing what i see, hear and read in the media around me. I haven't talked about HOrner nor his music for Avatar.
  1. Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I don't think it's that bad, but then we are on opposite sides of the camp on this one (me a Horner fan; you not much of a Horner fan). If it was a project you were interested in, say, Desplat given a year to write for a European movie about a beautiful girl who's life is ever so complicated and has ever so dark yet romantic adventures, then perhaps your view would be slightly different?

BE STILL MY HEART!!!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    oooooooooh not again, who said i am not a Horner fan? wink I am just neutrally discussing and cauterizing what i see, hear and read in the media around me. I haven't talked about HOrner nor his music for Avatar.

I said not much of a Horner fan. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

BE STILL MY HEART!!!

biggrin

To be honest, I think I'd be quite excited about that prospect too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, that's because you put "girl" in there...

(Good God. The hormones on this board... rolleyes )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    (Good God. The hormones on this board... rolleyes )

Thems sounds like fightin' words! I say we take this outside and settle this like men.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    "Due to copyright and other legal reasons, South Park video content cannot be viewed outside the United States."

*Sigh*
    This is THE reason he old studio system is doomed to fail.
    Pretending borders where there ARE none! (Same with these IDIOTIC "region codes" on DVDs. Desperate cavemen. Desperate. angry )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lame. sad How come I could view it then?

The video was a cripple fight between Jimmy and Timmy. Curse those bloody copyrights for ruining the reference. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Who knows?
    Dutch-specific copyrights? Anglo-American corporations? An open proxy?
    I could think of any number of reasons.
    But the whole thing annoys me no end.
    It's all so unnecessary! (I get a redirect to a DUTCH site where -with some digging and searching- I will be able to view the EXACT SAME MATERIAL.
    face-palm-mt to the MAX!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Free South Park-> http://www.xepisodes.com/

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Or rslinks.org. wink

But then I don't think that's what Martijn is worried about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Or annoyed even. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

No, it isn't. It hasn't reached anywhere near the level of The Dark Knight. <Rest of drunken comment removed>
  2. Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No, it isn't. It hasn't reached anywhere near the level of The Dark Knight (and it would have to be the worst James Horner score ever, by a massive distance, to be as bad a score as that).

Remember THE FORGOTTEN.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009
    It's forgotten. (Actually, it isn't. It's perfect for the movie, however much of a snoozer the CD is.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote

Remember THE FORGOTTEN.

That's deep.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

The video was a cripple fight between Jimmy and Timmy. Curse those bloody copyrights for ruining the reference. slant

I had no problem biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Horner interview from the Avatar London premiere:
    http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2009/12/11/ex … s-footage/
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Erik Woods wrote
    My Talgorn recommendation would be Asterix Aux Jeux Olympiques A jaw dropping, epic, THEMATIC score with one of the finest action cues I've heard this decade, "La Course De Chars."

-Erik-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s2BSEm49hc
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009 edited
    Not sure if this is allowed (I think you can only listen to it, not download it), but someone posted the full score, complete tracks:

http://soundcloud.com/user2753116/sets/avatar-ost

Wow, it sounds great IMO. Horner's back!

Can't wait for the movie!

An Oscar nomination is a shoe-in IMO, but James could very well walk away with the Oscar.