• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

Anyway, Enemy at the Gates is one Horner album I just can't sit through. What's this suite of Erik's? A sequence of cues that make a decent listen? I suspect there's a good album in there somewhere.

I cut the score down to a nice 17 and a half minute suite a few years ago. I tried my best to eliminate as much of the four note danger motif that I could.

Click HERE TO DOWNLOAD!

-Erik-

It's more than some cues pasted together. It's an extremely well developed suite and I am thankful I have this, because the entire album is not something I'm likely to sit through again.

Oops... 2nd kiss ass moment of the day. shame

Well fuck it! You're so damned awesome Erik for making this. Thanks dooooooooooooooood !!!!!! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012
    Thanks! I really try my best to make my suites as musical as possible... as if the composer re-arranged his music for a concert performance.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012
    Judging by the (admittedly short) samples I think this could be a winner! Lush, sweeping and melodic!
    I'm not put off by Stravinsky's Rite of Spring in The Blowing Sands cue. All desert scenes need that music. wink
  2. Cool. Good to know Horner is still alive.
  3. Judging from the samples, this is the type of score Horner could write without breaking a sweat. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012
    Atham wrote
    Judging by the (admittedly short) samples I think this could be a winner! Lush, sweeping and melodic!
    I'm not put off by Stravinsky's Rite of Spring in The Blowing Sands cue. All desert scenes need that music. wink

It didn't bother me either, I just thought I'd point it out. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012
    I havent listened to the clips, but it's Horner. I will like it.
    • CommentAuthorteatree
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Biggest issue is that Horner used the same motif/theme Williams did in a World War II picture but it's wasn't the first time Horner used it... Balto was the first time Horner dabbled with that theme.

The first time was in Sneakers (1992) track : Playtronics Break-in (2'12), one year before Schindler's list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012
    teatree wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Biggest issue is that Horner used the same motif/theme Williams did in a World War II picture but it's wasn't the first time Horner used it... Balto was the first time Horner dabbled with that theme.

The first time was in Sneakers (1992) track : Playtronics Break-in (2'12), one year before Schindler's list.

rolleyes

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012
    Apollo 13
    Brainstorm
    Glory
    Krull
    The Land Before Time
    Legends of the Fall
    The New World
    The Rocketeer
    Star Trek II
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Jamie Horner.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Apollo 13
    Brainstorm
    Glory
    Krull
    The Land Before Time
    Legends of the Fall
    The New World
    The Rocketeer
    Star Trek II
  5. Deja Vu.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012
    OK, so here's the programme of the James Honer concert I will finance when I win the National Lottery.

Krull - Ride of the Firemares
    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - Boys Playing Airplanes
    Titanic - Rose - Take Her to Sea, Mr Murdoch
    Avatar - Becoming One of the People / Becoming One with Neytiri - Jake's First Flight - War
    Apollo 13 - The Launch
    Cocoon - The Ascension

-Intermission-

The Mask of Zorro - Plaza of Execution - Zorro's Theme
    A Beautiful Mind - A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics
    Brainstorm - Michael's Gift to Karen
    Glory - Burning the Town of Darien - Charing Fort Wagner - Closing Credits
    Star Trek II - Enterprise Clears Moorings - Battle in the Mutara Nebula - End Titles

Encore:
    The Rocketeer - Rocketeer to the Rescue / Finale
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mine :---

KRULL

intermission

STAR TREK II & III

Encore :---

BRAINSTORM
  6. Mine:

Benjamin Britten

Intermission
    TWoK string part.

Encore:
    Something containing the four note Danger Motif.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You will need to be a bit more specific on the encore.

Personally I think you should play every piece containing the four note danger motif. Admittedly, the concert would last longer than most of us will be alive.
  7. This concert will of course replace a previously shceduled concert by Yared.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote
    Mine :---

KRULL

intermission

STAR TREK II & III

Encore :---

BRAINSTORM

I'm sooooo going to this concert!!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You have impeccable taste biggrin beer
  8. Black Gold is now in stock at Colosseum.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012 edited
    Bugger....I just ordered this album based on the raves about old-fashioned adventure scoring makinga come-back (which I am gagging for)...and now I read all those Enemy At The Gates references?
    I hate that album. Boring and interminable. sad

Damn.

A misbuy, from the looks of it then.

Likely look for this in a future Giveaway thread post. sad

(It's my own fault I guess. Should have paid more attention to the board on this.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012 edited
    Not so fast kemosabe, you ain't even heard it yet. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No. But my expectations have been drastically lowered. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  9. Martijn wrote

Then the chances are improved that you will now love it when it arrives?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I LOVE ENEMY AT THE GATES
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Martijn wrote

Then the chances are improved that you will now love it when it arrives?

Indeed.
    Though 'tis madness, there's method to 't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DON'T WORRY MARTIJN, IT'LL BE AWESOME
  10. Steven wrote
    I LOVE ENEMY AT THE GATES

I approve of this post. Heavily underrated work of Horner.

And it's a rare case when I actually LOVE the four note motif. I hate it in Perfect Storm though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website