• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yes, my reaction was a bit

JAMES, I AM DISAPPOINT
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
    A fairly common element that's missing, however, is the Horner-esque track titles. I was expecting something like:

1. Main Title
    2. A Tangled Web Of Fraud And Deception Brings All Things To Light
    3. An Expansion Of Influence Within The Lab
    4. Intending To Wound... Failing To Overturn
    5. An Instance Of Falseness / The Trap Door
    6. The Flowing Together Of Two Ideals
    7. "Bring Me Spider-Man And I Will Give You A 5x3 Piece Of Denim In Return"
    8. The Difficult Decision To Fight Back
    9. Gwen's Warning... Peter's Soufflé
    10. Evil For Evil
    11. The Change Of A Liquid To A Vapour By The Application Of Heat / Recollections Of Father
    12. The Destruction Of Times Square
    13. Parker Fights Until Heavy Breathing Commences
    14. Victory
    15. Wearing Socks For The First Time / The Final Goodbye
    16. Into The Light (performed by Leona Lewis)

Shame...
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    beer biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    This is turning into FSM'ness.

I hope the scores good.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. OMG! We didn't credit JWFan for a tracklist they didn't come up with! Holy frak on a stick!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Couple of new James Horner reviews

- Black Gold
    - Casper
    - Gorky Park
    - Jade
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012 edited
    Does anybody have any news on a possible release of Horners score for "For Greater Glory"??

The movie gets shown in US cinemas and some have commented on the score over at filmtracks.com. The comments are really enthusiastic and positive.... but still no release announced (not even digital download only)... For a James Horner score I think this is extremly strange... What's going on?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012
    BasilB wrote
    Does anybody have any news on a possible release of Horners score for "For Greater Glory"??

The movie gets shown in US cinemas and some have commented on the score over at filmtracks.com. The comments are really enthusiastic and positive.... but still no release announced (not even digital download only)... For a James Horner score I think this is extremly strange... What's going on?

Is it a sequel to GLORY? (As in...."now there's even GREATER glory").

Sorry.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. One would think that this should be a typical Varese release... confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012 edited
    MOVIE MAGIC with Tim Burden, available on SoundCloud, contains several minutes of score from James Horner's The Amazing Spider-Man. It seems like samples of each track on the album. This certainly sounds Hornerish, including a bit of Mickey Mousing here and there (so much for the darker tone...), and I'm sure with big themes, orchestra and typical use of choir. It didn't blow me away, but it certainly won't disappoint people either (yet). It's a nice enough first taster.

http://soundcloud.com/timburden/movie-m … ring-james

Starts 2:45 minutes in.
  5. I guess, as usual, I'll be taking the road less traveled, as is usual with new scores...

I stopped about 3/4th's in. Didn't enjoy what I heard. The score was all over the place, seemed to be no cohesiveness, as opposed to any classic Horner I could name.

Big theme, as per the director's Tweet? I don't even recall the theme.

And if they wanted a Danny Fucking Elfman score, then they should have hired Danny Fucking Elfman. It's glaring. And it's not Jamie's forte. And that Elfman-like synth sound, is irratating and doesn't blend in. In fact, I got the feeling I wasn't even listening to a Horner-composed score.

In the end, I feel this was a missed oppritunity for somebody, say Trevor Jones.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
    justin boggan wrote
    I guess, as usual, I'll be taking the road less traveled, as is usual with new scores...

I stopped about 3/4th's in. Didn't enjoy what I heard. The score was all over the place, seemed to be no cohesiveness, as opposed to any classic Horner I could name.

Big theme, as per the director's Tweet? I don't even recall the theme.

And if they wanted a Danny Fucking Elfman score, then they should have hired Danny Fucking Elfman. It's glaring. And it's not Jamie's forte. And that Elfman-like synth sound, is irratating and doesn't blend in. In fact, I got the feeling I wasn't even listening to a Horner-composed score.

In the end, I feel this was a missed oppritunity for somebody, say Trevor Jones.

All of this based on a suite comprised of 30 second sound clips edited together. For real? rolleyes

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012
    Enjoy samples from every track from James Horners "The Amazing Spider-Man" (2012) over at cinemamusica.de:

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1745/james-h … spider-man
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like what I hear, I'll get this.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I LOVE what I hear! Something new combined with a few "old musical friends"! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Atham wrote
    I LOVE what I hear! Something new combined with a few "old musical friends"! cool

yeah

Totally agree, Atham!
    It may be a sorry comment on film music today when some of the oldest and most recognisable Horner clichés in the book get our bell ringing....but dammit...they DO!

Yeah. I'm getting this! cool love
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2012
    Really like the sound of it! Will certainly be getting this. cool
  6. Sounds fine. I´m not into the Elfman sound, but it seems Horner managed to enhance it with his own style somehow, especially in the thematic material. Based on the clips, this is gonna be great.
  7. To those who have heard The Amazing Spider-Man CD in its entirety - there's what sounds like a West Side Story-esque finger-clicking. Is this what it is and does it feature very prominently in the score?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    To those who have heard The Amazing Spider-Man CD in its entirety - there's what sounds like a West Side Story-esque finger-clicking. Is this what it is and does it feature very prominently in the score?

Listening to the clips over at http://www.cinemamusica.de the answer to my own question may be "no."
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012
    Correct. It's there prominently in one track (briefly in one other). Hard to know the context.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2012
    Wouldn't it be interesting if James Horner would score the next Ed Zwick movie, The Great Wall?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91371

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote
    Here's my review of The Amazing Spider-Man:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2517

There is clearly a lot of interest in this score - my review has been there for less than a day and already the page is the sixth most-viewed since the site went to the Wordpress style a couple of years ago. It will only be a matter of hours before it gets to number two.

I bet nobody can guess what's at number one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I couldn't give a batshit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    THIS obviously.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. Southall wrote
    Southall wrote
    Here's my review of The Amazing Spider-Man:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2517

There is clearly a lot of interest in this score - my review has been there for less than a day and already the page is the sixth most-viewed since the site went to the Wordpress style a couple of years ago. It will only be a matter of hours before it gets to number two.

I bet nobody can guess what's at number one.

oh mi gods , its teh Iron Manz!1!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    THIS obviously.

-Erik-

lol

I still love your artwork. I hope you're available to work on my next release too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anytime, James! biggrin

-Erik-