• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2008
    Whatever you may think of the man's politics -and I for one have always been deeply opposed to nigh every single standpoint he had, especially when serving as president of the NRA- Charlton Heston, who died today at age 84, has left a robust and enduring legacy as one of the finest and most powerful actors of the Silver Age, and a true acting legend.

Ben-Hur
    Planet Of The Apes
    The Omega Man
    El Cid
    The Naked Jungle
    The Agony And The Ecstacy
    and so many, many more will be his legacy forever, long after the man has gone.

Thanks, Chuck.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2008
    As you already pointed out the why's, I've never been a fan of him as a person. Yet, indeed, he made quite an impression on the film industry which can't be ignored. RIP for that.
  1. I just watched TOUCH OF EVIL again on Saturday. sad
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    As you already pointed out the why's, I've never been a fan of him as a person. Yet, indeed, he made quite an impression on the film industry which can't be ignored. RIP for that.

You'll also find the man did a lot for the rights of black actors in Hollywood as well as giving support to Martin Luther King.

I guess it shows that most people are shades of gray.

I'll miss him.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I just watched him in A Big Country and once again in Ben-Hur.

A great actor has departed.

Thankyou Charlton for your brilliant and powerful contribution to 20th century cinema!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The man has also appeared in films that have had some of the most legendary and greatest film scores of all time....

Ben-Hur - Miklos Rozsa

El-Cid - Miklos Rozsa

The Big Country - Jerome Moross

The Ten Commandments - Elmer Bernstein

The Greatest Story Ever Told - Alfred Newman

Planet Of The Apes - Jerry Goldsmith

cool

Plus some other favourites of mine like Touch Of Evil - Henry Mancini, Crossed Swords - Maurice Jarre, The Agony And The Ecstasy - Alex North and The Omega Man - Ron Grainer.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    But did Charlton Heston ever appear in a John Williams-scored film?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote

Didn't he appear in Midway?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Yes he did.

And Earthquake. Another film scored by Williams.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Are you testing me or did you really not know?

'fraid Williams never pulled out anything special for Chuck.....at least as far as most fandom is concerned? Personally I really enjoy EARTHQUAKE and the main titles are superb.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Are you testing me or did you really not know?

'fraid Williams never pulled out anything special for Chuck.....at least as far as most fandom is concerned? Personally I really enjoy EARTHQUAKE and the main titles are superb.

I really didn't know. I've seen neither EARTHQUAKE nor MIDWAY (although I obviously have the soundtracks). Sorry to disappoint you. wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hell, he even starred in an Alan Menken scored film!
  3. Hopefully his shelved, 1991 unshown film "Ghengis Khan" will get released soon, as it was supposed to (it didn't even have an IMDB page until recently).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Hopefully his shelved, 1991 unshown film "Ghengis Khan" will get released soon, as it was supposed to (it didn't even have an IMDB page until recently).

Given that is was never completed (due to budgetary problems), I wouldn't bet on it.