• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008
    Inspired by http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … l/#Item_11

But please keep it BS-free, only REAL dreams here and not made-up stuff.

Sir James, you go first i suppose? wink wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, here's another one from a long time ago. I'm walking in my garden at home and I go down the path by the side of my house. Mario is there with a cannon. He lights it and I start trying to run away, but as it is in most dreams, I can't run! I'm moving my legs as fast as I can but it's like I'm stuck in cement. I just manage to get round a corner as the cannon ball flies past. I wake up, confused as hell. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Did you know?

- Everyone has several dreams every night.

- 90% of dreams are forgotten within seconds of waking up

- Even when you think you haven't had a dream, you actually have, you've just forgotten!

- Every person you see in a dream is someone you have seen in real life, whether you remember them or not.

- Dreams that seem to last 5 minutes may actually have been going on for hours. The same goes for long dreams - they may actually take place over 5 minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I remember several dreams almost each day. It can be fun, it can also be exhausting!
    All those adventures... pffff.

They are always weird. It all makes sense in the dream of course, but when you wake up and try to tell someone: whahahaha! Sometimes you can't even find a real existing word for what it was! But it was so normal in the dream.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Apparantly dreams mean something. No, not the ''predict your future'' crap, but something that you've seen or done or have had happen to you. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Dreams sometimes "predict" the future by taking all the available information in your brain and making the best estimation of future events.

If only we could unlock the true potential of the human brain! We wouldn't have so many ignorant ideas floating around the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't think dreams mean anything, despite how intensely people want 'em to mean something. It's just your brain emptying the recycle bin of your subconscious each and every night.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008 edited
    Yeah, it sucks to think that we only use 4% of our brain power. I mean come on...why aren't people working out how to unlock the other 96%? Just think of what might happen:

- We would work out the meaning of life
    - We would be on Pluto if not further
    - We would know what Smokey actually was
    - John Debney might get onto a serious project
    - Jordi would use perfect grammar

beer

Christodoulides wrote
    It's just your brain emptying the recycle bin of your subconscious....

OMG, ''recycle bin''! I've always though of them that way too! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think dreams mean anything...

To psychologists dreams mean a LOT. And they're right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know. Psychologists must constantly come up with crap to justify their work and their existence kiss tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think dreams mean anything, despite how intensely people want 'em to mean something. It's just your brain emptying the recycle bin of your subconscious each and every night.

Well, it's interesting that people share many stuff in their subconscious, don't you think?

It depends on what you mean with 'meaning'. Some dreams mean something to me, but then it's very clear what they mean (for instance when I dream I'm in a fight and I'm shouting as loud as I can. I know that's because i never do so in real life!) So that means something, but it's not something mysterious or anything.

And I still cannot explain why I often dream about swimming pools 9and seas, rivers) although I never go to one. Why was that in my subconscious then? I don't believe it's a memory. I don't think it's a prediction either! But what is it, can't be random, it's too often to be random.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    I know. Psychologists must constantly come up with crap to justify their work and their existence kiss tongue wink

Biologists would tend to agree too, and I don't think they need to justify their work!

They teach us about ourselves mostly, but they can also make sense of other things. The mind is an amazing thing not to be underestimated like you so flagrantly have here... wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lucid dreams! Now those are cool! Shame I've only ever had two in my entire life. sad Stealing cars for the win! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know mate. It was to be taken with sarcasm on my behalf as to the levels some psychologists are willing to boost their sayings to make fat impressions on people and move various strings according to their interests. Maybe there's something in 'em, whether it's actual meaning to it all or not, but - imo, it's nowhere near the degree some of those build 'em to be.

Our mind is an incredibly powerful thing indeed but the history of mankind has proven than the most admirable things have been accomplished by people who were actually awake (in all aspects, metaphorical as well) instead of sleeping psychos and lame psychics wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Steven wrote
    They teach us about ourselves mostly, but they can also make sense of other things. The mind is an amazing thing not to be underestimated like you so flagrantly have here... wink

Don't forget behaviour. It has to do with the mind of course. But no one would argue that human behaviour is not important to be studied.

But of course the ultimate science is philosophy. No, it's beyond science! tongue angelic
    It does not ask how, but why and what it is really. Isn't that the question?
    A psychologist tries to understand how dreams work. A philosopher tries to understand what a dream is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Philosophy is scientific thinking! cool

Philosophy and science go hand in hand. Philosophy and science are life! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think what Steven is trying to say its that beer makes everything clear. biggrin wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Too much beer harms your mind wink
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    Heresy!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

Blasphemy! angry beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    I think what Steven is trying to say its that beer makes everything clear. biggrin wink beer

Oh absolutely. Unfortunately it makes things infinitely more cloudy afterwards...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Blasphemy! angry beer

All hail the mightyness of beer punk beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It never ceased to amaze me how you damn Brits always manage to turn every discussion to beer-oriented territories; never.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I have vague recollections of last nights dream.

Sean Connery was my best friend and I remember thinking "but I don't know Sean Connery", also Sean Connery didn't look like Sean Connery, Sean Connery looked like my good friend Gerry and Gerry looks nothing like Sean Connery dizzy

There was also a scary bit to do with Tornados but I can't remember anything else.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I had a dream the other night that involved a massive super storm hitting Britain. I was the last one left holding onto some hand railing along the beach looking onto a flattened land full of debree. I swear I could hear Mancina's Twister score somewhere!? dizzy

(I had been playing that score a lot in the car recently, plus me and my mate were drinking a lot of sugary alcoholic drinks which apparently gave us both weird dreams that night.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sugary alcoholic drinks? Like drambuie and such? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Cherry Sourz mixed with blue WKD. Nasty stuff, basically liquid sugar with added alcohol. Yet we continued onto about 5 rounds of this stuff... rolleyes (Hence the feverous dreams.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Like Drambuiee then only a hell of a sugar there is mixed with Whiskey. But A LOT of sugar we're talkin about here! Man those drinks can get you heavily dizzy and drunk!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...and sick. vomit
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, does anyone else get it where they hear music they know in a dream? You wake up and it's still playing through your head, but in the dream it's...different. dizzy