• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2008 edited
    From Empire Online: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22336

========================================================================================================

At a New York press conference yesterday, Walt Disney announced a pretty packed slate of animations that it plans to release by the end of 2012. Some of these we already knew about and some are straight to DVD, but there are some interesting surprises in there too. The full list is as follows (all release dates are US, unless otherwise stated):

WALL•E (June 27, 2008 in US; July 18 in UK) - THOMAS NEWMAN
    The story of a very cute robot left to clean up Earth on his lonesome.

BOLT (November 26th, 2008) - JOHN POWELL
    Bolt (voiced by John Travolta) is the canine star of a TV show in which he plays a pooch with super powers. When he's accidentally shipped to New York, he has to make his way back home to Hollywood. Problem is he thinks his TV powers are real and his only aids in his journey are unwanted housecat Mittens and TV-obsessed hamster Rhino. Miley Cyrus also lends her voice. This film was originally being directed by Chris Sanders (Lilo and Stitch), but he's since been replaced by Chris Williams and Byron Howard over creative differences.

TINKER BELL (October 28th, 2008)
    Disney's favourite fairy gets a straight-to-DVD, and Blu-ray, movie. Brittany Murphy has previously been announced as providing her voice (Yes, she now speaks), but her name was not mentioned in the announcement and their are stories that her voice may not be used.

UP (May 29, 2009 in US; July 17, 2009 in UK) - MICHAEL GIACCHINO
    Pixar's big film for 2009, directed by Pete Docter (Monsters Inc) and Bob Peterson, concerns a 78-year-old man who abandons his quiet life and embarks on a series of adventures with an 8-year-old Wilderness Explorer that take them to exotic and bizarre locales.

TOY STORY in 3-D (October 2, 2009) - RANDY NEWMAN
    Pixar's first get another dimension

THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG (Christmas 2009) - RANDY NEWMAN
    Walt Disney returns to traditional animation (yay!) for the first time since Home on the Range. Ron Clements and John Musker (The Little Mermaid, Aladdin) seem the perfect pair to bring about its new life, with this twist on The Frog Prince that takes place in New Orleans. Anika Noni Rose, the first African American Disney princess, provides the lead voice.

TINKER BELL NORTH OF NEVER LAND - working title (2009)
    Another DVD adventure for the winged oen

TOY STORY 2 in 3-D (February 12, 2010) - RANDY NEWMAN
    See Toy Story in 3-D entry, but with added sequeliness

TOY STORY 3 (June 18, 2010) - RANDY NEWMAN (I assume)
    Disney didn't announce any details on the third film in the adventures of Woody and Buzz, which is simultaneously released in 3-D. But a Wall Street Journal article previously announced that this will deal with the toys coping as a nearly grown-up Andy plans to go to college.

RAPUNZEL (Christmas 2010) - JEANINE TESORI
    The directing debut of master animator Glen Keane (responsible for brilliant work on Tarzan and the Beast in Beauty and the Beast, among others). This is a take on the story of the girl with the very long hair and employs a CG look that has the appearance of being an old master painting. Co-directed by Dean Wellins.

TINKER BELL A MIDSUMMER STORM - working title (2010)
    Again with the fairy.

NEWT (Summer 2011) - Possibly going to MICHAEL GIACCHINO?
    This is a previously unannounced Pixar effort, so we'll just tell you what the press release says: "What happens when the last remaining male and female blue-footed newts on the planet are forced together by science to save the species, and they can’t stand each other? That's the problem facing Newt and Brooke, heroes of ”newt,” the Pixar film by seven-time Academy Award® winner for sound Gary Rydstrom, and director of Pixar's Oscar nominated short, "Lifted." Newt and Brooke embark on a perilous, unpredictable adventure and discover that finding a mate never goes as planned, even when you only have one choice. Love, it turns out, is not a science." Sounds colourful and like an interesting twist on Pixar's traditional buddy comedy set-up.

THE BEAR AND THE BOW (Christmas 2011)
    A second Pixar film for 2011? We are truly spoiled. This one takes place in a "mythic Scotland" where a young royal decides that she'd rather be an archer than sit around a castle. She makes a choice that unintentionally unleashes peril on her father's kingdom and her mother's life and her puts her up against the forces of nature, magic and an ancient curse. Voice talent includes Reese Witherspoon, Billy Connolly and Emma Thompson. Brenda Chapman, a writer on Cars and Beauty and the Beast, makes her directing debut and becomes Pixar's first female director.

TINKER BELL A WINTER STORY - working title (2011)
    Oh, you know the drill.

CARS 2 (Summer 2012) - RANDY NEWMAN (I assume again)
    Lightning McQueen and Mater return in a sequel to the hit movie, to be directed by Ratatouille producer Brad Lewis. No details on plot, but the press release suggests that the plot will travel the world. No word either on which other characters might return. Cars wouldn't have been the Pixar project most people would expect to get a sequel, since it was the least well reviewed of the studios work. We'd never suggest that Pixar would be driven by profits over good story, because we genuinely consider them much better than that, but Cars was one of the studio's most profitable movies based on the enormous merchandise sales.

KING OF THE ELVES (Christmas 2012)
    Philip K. Dick's only fantasy story is the basis of this story of a man in the Mississippi delta who tries to help a group of elves and winds up being named their king. He becomes embroiled in an attempt to escape a fearsome troll and finds big meaning for his life through the lives of these little people. Aaron Blaise and Robert Walker direct. No word on whether this is traditional animation or CG, but it's not a Pixar project.

And that's, as another animation studio says, all, folks.

========================================================================================================

Shame there's not any Brad Bird on that list. cry Newt sounds interesting though. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2008
    Nice! I for one am eagerly awaiting Toy Story 3, Frog Princess and Rapunzel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

Shame there's not any Brad Bird on that list. cry

I think he is planning on making a live action movie next.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Shame there's not any Brad Bird on that list. cry

I think he is planning on making a live action movie next.

-Erik-

I heard something about it involving some earthquake or something... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Philip K. Dick's only fantasy story is the basis of this story of a man in the Mississippi delta who tries to help a group of elves and winds up being named their king. He becomes embroiled in an attempt to escape a fearsome troll and finds big meaning for his life through the lives of these little people. Aaron Blaise and Robert Walker direct. No word on whether this is traditional animation or CG, but it's not a Pixar project.

Hmmm, that sounds interesting. I'm really hoping for CG.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008 edited
    My first post outside General Discussion smile

THE BEAR AND THE BOW (Christmas 2011)
    A second Pixar film for 2011? We are truly spoiled. This one takes place in a "mythic Scotland" where a young royal decides that she'd rather be an archer than sit around a castle. She makes a choice that unintentionally unleashes peril on her father's kingdom and her mother's life and her puts her up against the forces of nature, magic and an ancient curse. Voice talent includes Reese Witherspoon, Billy Connolly and Emma Thompson. Brenda Chapman, a writer on Cars and Beauty and the Beast, makes her directing debut and becomes Pixar's first female director.

I'm really exciting about this movie, because I like this kind of Mulan-type story. And it doesn't sound like an usual Pixar story... I love most of previous pixar movies, but I hope it will be a good change for Pixar.

And another interesting point... This isn't Brenda Chapman's directing debut... she already directed Prince Of Egypt (with other 2 people) at DreamWorks. She was also the story supervisor on The Lion King... so, I'm very interested in who she will choose for the composer of this Pixar movie biggrin biggrin biggrin

It will be CG. And Aaron Blaise and Robert Walker were the directors (and Chuck Williams was the producer) of Brother Bear... I hope they won't get Phil Collins again (I love Tarzan and BB songs but that's enough tongue )

Here's the full text of original press release... Empire article has some mistakes.
    http://www.animated-news.com/2008/disne … ough-2012/
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. And Little Mermaid 3 ?

Music by Jim Dooley... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    And Little Mermaid 3 ?

Music by Jim Dooley... biggrin

LM3 was ignored probably because John Lasseter hate it tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008 edited
    Miya wrote
    because John Lasseter hate it tongue

hehe, apparently this dude is quite fond of Tinker Bell. shocked biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'll readily vote for Michael Giacchino for many of these! wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Sylvos wrote
    Miya wrote
    because John Lasseter hate it tongue

hehe, apparently this dude is quite fond of Tinker Bell. shocked biggrin

Yes he is. dizzy
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/enterta … n-las.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008 edited
    I was expecting a Lion King 4 with maestro Zimmer back as composer! tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm still wondering why they are making a Cars 2...it was clearly the most unsuccessful Pixar film. Perhaps they want to try and redeem themselves?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Anthony wrote
    Perhaps they want to try and redeem themselves?

Well, Cars seems to be the only title where they can expand the story without redoing the same thing a second time. At least that's what I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    There's definitely scope for Cars 2 IMO. To me the first movie was pretty good, and I think they can expand the story a bit further too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=top … m_no=25053

Disney has confirmed that Glen Keane, who has been serving as director of Disney's upcoming animated feature, RAPUNZEL, has chosen to step down from that role due to a personal, non-threatening health issue. He will continue to be involved as the film's executive producer and directing animator.

Dean Wellins, Glen's directing partner, has decided to move into development where he will concentrate on three new feature ideas, and directing a CG short of his own. The new directing team on RAPUNZEL will be Byron Howard (who co-directed BOLT with Chris Williams), and Nathan Greno (the head of story on BOLT). Both John Lasseter and Ed Catmull respect Glen and Dean's decisions, and embrace the new directing team on RAPUNZEL.

A source added to AINT IT COOL NEWS that Keane and Wellins' version of RAPUNZEL wasn't working. Howard stepped in on BOLT when Chris Sanders' early work led execs to believe that film was not working.

shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    New clips from The Princess And The Frog! (warning: VERY poor video quality)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbCT0pG5iw4

OMG Young Tiana is really cute... also Adult Tiana is beautiful. love

This looks good ol' Disney's coming back! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Traditional animation never goes out of fashion!! punk

I liked the story when I was young so I'm looking forward to this a lot, both movie and score (hopefully Disney will release it properly).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Good ol' Mike Eisner, rather. slant
    It looks like the exact same humdrum fare as Little Mermaid and Beauty And The Beast both in style and content. I couldn't find anything fresh or worthwhile in any Disney Studio's animation ever since 1967's Junglebook. It's all formulaic, insepid, uninspired and -worse- boring, and this little trailer with "funny" bodily noises and humour does not inspire much confidence in me.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Personally I love all the movies in the Disney Renaissance period (Little Mermaid to Lion King).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Please help me......today I agree with EVERYTHING Martijn is saying dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I probably hold the record time in which Lion King was viewed as I skipped each and every song.
    Watched the whole film in 22 minutes. biggrin

(And even that was barely palatable. tongue )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Please help me......today I agree with EVERYTHING Martijn is saying dizzy

Just today? shocked

But I'm so agreeable. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I probably hold the record time in which Lion King was viewed as I skipped each and every song.

I envy you shame

That's not so easy to do at a friends house where his children insist you watch they're favourite film with them slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked
    Please accept my most sincere sympathies.
    shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Martijn wrote

Hehe... I only remember the time I put on the tape and the time the movie finished before I could remember where I was!! dizzy

BTW, the most anticipated Disney movie of mine currently is Toy Story 3. Absolutely LOVED the first two from back to front! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bored. sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Bored. sleep

Turn the volume up; play ANGELS AND DEMONS instead smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Good ol' Mike Eisner, rather. slant
    It looks like the exact same humdrum fare as Little Mermaid and Beauty And The Beast both in style and content. I couldn't find anything fresh or worthwhile in any Disney Studio's animation ever since 1967's Junglebook. It's all formulaic, insepid, uninspired and -worse- boring, and this little trailer with "funny" bodily noises and humour does not inspire much confidence in me.

It's just because you're getting too old tongue

wink

I can talk what was good and what was bad for each Disney film I've ever seen, but I have no time today so I go to bed. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Miya wrote
    It's just because you're getting too old tongue

HEY! angry

Bad Miya!
    Bad, bad, bad, bad, BAD Miya!!!
    angry

I'm not OLD.
    I'm just entropically advanced.