• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2008
    Guys, maybe I overlooked something but I don't see any discussion going on here on this forum regarding this new Intrada release... I just ordered mine... as did some 2000+ other collectors... just to let you know... don't let this one pass by. (if you love Goldsmith that is) And no... I am not working for Intrada, just a fan... :P

"Wow! Intrada is proud to premier, in cooperation with Walt Disney, complete Jerry Goldsmith original soundtrack from B.W.L. Norton dinosaur adventure starring William Katt, Sean Young, Patrick McGoohan. Goldsmith fashions tuneful idea for "Baby" but anchors with majestic fanfare motif for entire dinosaur family. Incredible action music plays in balance. Highlights are many: lengthy "Base Camp Assault" displays Goldsmith's ability to add layers of suspense, "Dragon Breath" displays penchant for ethnic color, ferocious helicopter "Jump" sequence displays flair for action. Towering above all is propulsive 5/8 meter "Rescue" music with unrelenting ostinato under roaring brass. When entire orchestra suddenly tacets for two bars, leaving percussion to carry thundering rhythm alone, listeners hear one of composer's most exciting riffs. To close score, Goldsmith wraps with resounding, spectacular fanfare for brass. A tour-de-force! Entire score presented in stereo from Disney digital master elements. Generous array of color stills from studio vault plus informative notes from Jeff Bond complete package. Jerry Goldsmith conducts. Intrada Special Collection release limited to 3000 copies!"
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Oh yeah I forgot;... yippieeee!!!
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's in the Jerry Goldsmith thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I don't mind having disucssions about certain releases in seperate topics.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Please could you lay down some rules?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    All hail Emperor De Lange, our noble and merciful leader!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote

Nah, I don't like rules. tongue

I accept people want it all to be more centralised in one thread. We have a good search engin, but when topics like Jerry Goldsmith start to contain 20 pages, that advance just gets less useful. I like te idea of having a seperate topic for (important) cd releases, that surely will have discussion, even if it's only 2 pages. Makes it more searchable to me. But not all people like that, so I just choose to let people do what they want the most.

I'm not the boss nor leader. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote

But you are the MESSIAH!!
    I should know, I've followed a few.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I agree with Bregt actually. My original post in this thread was simply to inform Talos that there had been a bit of comment on this release, since he couldn't find any. I have no desire to become the thread police!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thank you God.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Southall wrote

Nah, I don't like rules. tongue

I accept people want it all to be more centralised in one thread. We have a good search engin, but when topics like Jerry Goldsmith start to contain 20 pages, that advance just gets less useful. I like te idea of having a seperate topic for (important) cd releases, that surely will have discussion, even if it's only 2 pages. Makes it more searchable to me. But not all people like that, so I just choose to let people do what they want the most.

I totally agree with this...I find searching through 20 pages of thread on a composer looking for information on a release a real pain. If there is a new important release, then it should have a thread of it's own. If I didn't already know Baby was being released I never would have found out about it in the Goldsmith thread because I had no reason to look there for information on a new release... Maybe that is just me though.
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How does everyone overlooks the search for specific post ("comments") function is a miracle for me.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote
    How does everyone overlooks the search for specific post ("comments") function is a miracle for me.

Very handy indeed. But sometimes, such a thread contians several comments about a score scattered over the thread, with pages of nothing connected to that release.

I prefer (only for big releases!!) to have seperate topics.
    For Baby, this would've been perfect. smile
    Kazoo
  1. I would also prefer to have separate topics for major releases. I don't like everything being lumped into a composer-specific topic. Topics which, at the moment, could contain any subject ranging from their latest major score release through to what people thought the composer had for lunch.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008
    I ordered a copy, but it was right around the time they sold out - so I guess I'll see if I got in on time.