• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Writing my PhD biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011
    Bah! <dismissive wave>
    You can do that any other old time!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Nope, gotta finish this year school year (academic year?)

That said, I DO intend to see it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So do it in the weekend.
    It's only a PhD! How hard can it be!

Sunday is plenty of time!
    Sunday evening.
    Gives you a chance to sleep in.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Timmer wrote
    I'm not sure where I'm going with this? The list is films that are considered classics, I've missed out loads that I'm not remembering, I think the point I'm trying to make is to see how many of those films others here have seen and yet give a face-palm-mt because someone hasn't seen TITANIC.

I forgot to add a wink there, there's no justification for such an error. shame

But hell no, Titanic is a modern classic and judging from how it has done at the box office I'd have expected EVERYBODY to have seen this a couple of times at least.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. I didn't see it in the cinema, just on VHS and a few times on TV.

And I don't own it on DVD or BR.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What's VHS?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The video tape format.
    TIM, you should know that!!!
  5. What does it stand for Video Home System?
  6. I think I have seen all on your list, Tim, except for the two Godfather films.

And I have not seen Titanic nor Back To The Future.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. Timmer wrote
    What's VHS?

A more successful version of Betamax?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I think I have seen all on your list, Tim, except for the two Godfather films.

And I have not seen Titanic nor Back To The Future.

In that case I totally forgive you for not having seen the two Godfather's, Titanic and Back To The Future wink

I must admit I'm surprised you haven't seen such brilliant family entertainment as Back To The Future?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Re: Back To The Future. Don't like the story or the style of the film (as far as I have seen), don't like the era they go back to, don't like Michael J. Fox...!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    dizzy

In that case I'll say no more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No. We shall leave that to Steven... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Martijn wrote
    Maybe I should finally see Titanic then? shame

Though I doubt I'll see it in 3D.
    I really only want to see 3D films that have actually been conceived/created and shot as 3D films.
    It's -quite literally- too much of a headache already to see "reworked" versions.

If I want reworkings I'll rent one of Clamp Entertainment colourised versions of Casablance ("now with a happy ending").

I agree. The other ones seem to be only interested in making money.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Re: Back To The Future. Don't like the story or the style of the film (as far as I have seen), don't like the era they go back to, don't like Michael J. Fox...!

You're dead to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I'm not sure where I'm going with this? The list is films that are considered classics, I've missed out loads that I'm not remembering, I think the point I'm trying to make is to see how many of those films others here have seen and yet give a face-palm-mt because someone hasn't seen TITANIC.

I wouldn't give a facepalm for someone not having seen Titanic, or any film for that matter, I'm just surprised that a film fan old enough to have seen the film in the cinema when it was released and subsequently rent it/see it thereafter hasn't seen it! It's just one of 'those' films most people have seen - at least that's what I've always assumed. That was all!

Timmer wrote
    This one is for EVERYBODY.

Have you seen...

CITIZEN KANE
    CASABLANCA
    IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
    THE SEARCHERS
    THE LONGEST DAY
    KES
    THE GODFATHER parts I & II

Yes, no, no, no, no, no, Yes/Yes. (But then none were released when I was alive, so there's a slight difference between these and Titanic!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote
    But hell no, Titanic is a modern classic and judging from how it has done at the box office I'd have expected EVERYBODY to have seen this a couple of times at least.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Gilles. ^
  9. Of that list, I've only seen Casablanca, and I liked it quite a bit.

I have not seen Titanic, other than five minute snatches of it on TV a couple times. I does not interest me.

I have seen Back to the Future, and it's great!
  10. I've just learned this but Prometheus, the prequel to Alien is set for a 30 may 2012 release. Once again we're one of the first countries to have this film open in.

I didn't expect it so soon! But consider my ticket already booked. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011
    Timmer wrote
    This one is for EVERYBODY.

Have you seen...

CITIZEN KANE
    CASABLANCA
    IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
    THE SEARCHERS
    THE LONGEST DAY
    KES
    THE GODFATHER parts I & II

I have seen none of the above OR Titanic. I hope this doesn't make me a bad person.
  11. Okay, award for Uneeded & Stupid IDea goes to the currently being filmed and should be released at the end of the year:

"A Christmas Story 2"

Yes, a sequel. The good news, the director works with David Newman almost always.

Probably old news, but "Jurassic Park IV"'s director is Frank Marshall.

I looked over his directing and producer credits to see what composer name comes up the most.
    Williams and J.N.H.
    Since we know Williams doesn't like to come back to repeated sequel scores, well ... a jurassic James score may come our way.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  12. I don't quite see a god thread for this, so...

Just saw this posted at FSM. Holy Bat-tastic news, Batman!

This just in from The Digital Bits:

And here's something pretty cool: Consider this Rumor Mill-worthy, but we've been hearing in recent weeks that Warner Home Video and 20th Century Fox are finally making moves toward releasing the the classic 1960s Batman TV series (starting Adam West and Burt Ward) on disc. Multiple sources who have spoken to the actors in recent weeks have heard from them that something was finally in the works as far as a DVD release. As many of you know, Warner owns the rights to the characters but Fox owns the TV show, so working out a deal has been difficult. This has apparently been complicated by the fact that Dark Knight feature film director Christopher Nolan didn't want older, campier versions of Batman competing for audience attention with his more serious film version. But now that his trilogy is done, it appears the situation has changed. Variety ran a story last month suggesting that new licensing deals on the 60s series have been worked out, and new products are already starting to be announced. So it appears that there could finally be some BIFF!, BAM! and POW! on your TV screens come 2013. More as it comes in.

I wonder -- could it mean finally, score CD(s) from some label, like LLLR, next year?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2012
    Didn't FSM already release the ol' BATMAN stuff?
    I am extremely serious.
  13. The movie score (which LLLR later re-issued in improved sound, and more minutes of score). The series music is tied up with those legal problems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012 edited
    So there's this movie coming about called CLOUD ATLAS based on some best-selling book I've never heard of. The Wachowski's and Tom Tykwer worked together on it. I just watched the lengthy trailer and have to say that this film is ambitious. It's trying really hard to be epic, and the visuals were very impressive. I would like the movie to be good, but with a story as crazy as this is, and if the dialogue in the film is as matter-of-fact as it seems to be from the trailer, I'm afraid this movie is going to fall on its face. Really hard. Still, it's an interesting idea and I'll hope for the best. I am excited to hear the music, though. This kind of film is screaming for an amazing score, and with Tykwer working on it I'm hopeful.
  14. christopher wrote
    So there's this movie coming about called CLOUD ATLAS based on some best-selling book I've never heard of. The Wachowski's and Tom Tykwer worked together on it. I just watched the lengthy trailer and have to say that this film is ambitious. It's trying really hard to be epic, and the visuals were very impressive. I would like the movie to be good, but with a story as crazy as this is, and if the dialogue in the film is as matter-of-fact as it seems to be from the trailer, I'm afraid this movie is going to fall on its face. Really hard. Still, it's an interesting idea and I'll hope for the best. I am excited to hear the music, though. This kind of film is screaming for an amazing score, and with Tykwer working on it I'm hopeful.

I never heard of the bloody thing too, but the trailer is one of the best damn pieces I've ever seen, great music, intriguing story and visual mind blowing look
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  15. justin boggan wrote
    Okay, award for Uneeded & Stupid Idea goes to the currently being filmed and should be released at the end of the year:

"A Christmas Story 2"

Yes, a sequel. The good news, the director works with David Newman almost always.

I have to correct myself -- found out by accident while looking a little into this film, that they got it wrong. "A Christmas Story" had TWO sequels (not involving Christmas, some re-casts), so this would be the fourth film about this family.

Looks like it could kick off a David Newman return. He does this, then a film (don't recall the name) directed by somebody he's worked with before is coming next year, then after that "Bill & Ted 3" should be ready to start scoring (which will be a crime if he isn't hired).
    SO CLOSE...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2012
    HE'S BACK!

Yes, yes. I know it's a fake. smile But I thought it was a fun fan edit.
    The film is planned for release in early 2014....and I for one
    CANNOT WAIT!!!!
    punk