• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2014
    Yeap, but i am even more eager for

INTERSTELLAR
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjsWpM9zFU

vomit

How Hollywood apparently makes its movies right now:
    http://i.imgur.com/QtQ5m.gif
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    Jupiter Ascending

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66697

Is anyone here as spyched about this upcoming summer bolckbuster space opera extravaganca and it's score by Michael Giacchino as I am?

spin Volker

The score, not so much. The film, sure -- after the rather disappointing SPEED RACER and CLOUD ATLAS, I hope things will turn with this one. I know the Wachowskis have it in them.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Seems that Star Wars: Episode VII has already started shooting:

http://www.themarysue.com/star-wars-episode-7-filming/

Not much more information in the linked article than there is in the preceding sentence I started the post off with.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. I'm actually looking forward to X-men Days of future past. Am I the only one?
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2014
    Nope! I want to see it too.

Good to see you here Elin hug
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Skating_Lientje wrote
    I'm actually looking forward to X-men Days of future past. Am I the only one?

we're going to see this one together eh smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    I'm actually looking forward to X-men Days of future past. Am I the only one?

we're going to see this one together eh smile

Yep, us two together, is that a Maintiles gathering?

Timmer wrote
    Nope! I want to see it too.

Good to see you here Elin hug

Aww, now I want to give you a hug...

Glad to be back. You see, I'm trying to be be (slightly) more active than I used to be.
    Easing back in by lurking around mostly...

Missed you guys.
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2014
    No mention yet of the In The Heart of the Sea trailer?
    MAN!
    Looks like paintings. Love it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2014 edited
    Bregje wrote
    No mention yet of the In The Heart of the Sea trailer?
    MAN!
    Looks like paintings. Love it.

The true story that influenced Herman Melville's MOBY DICK. I read the book and I'm looking forward to this. Oh yes, I did put this trailer up though I can't find it and maybe it was only on FB? spin

I'm also looking forward to hearing Roque Banos score. Fingers crossed it won't be tossed and replaced with Zimmerish.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Does it have sharks?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Does it have sharks?

But of coarse!
  6. Paul Greengrass To Re-Adapt George Orwell’s 1984!!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/69546

Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6psBoDDJUo
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  7. The question is, what poor bastard is going to get roped in to score that?

Couple years ago I'd be salivating over the prospect of a John Powell 1984 score (that would truly be something new in his career) but since that doesn't seem likely anymore...hm. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2014 edited
    I think Danny Elfman should do the title song.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2014
    Thor wrote
    I think Danny Elfman should do the title song.

cool

It's very Depeche Mode-ish don't you think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2014
    Yeah, that song is. Although in general, they were more in the Madness/ska style.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2016 edited
    Probably shouldn't be blabbing about this but I was just speaking with a location manager who wants to use the exterior of my bar for some filming on the upcoming Kingsmen sequel next month.
  8. Second trailer from STAR WARS Rogue One.

I don't know if the adaptation of William's material is already by Desplat or if this is specific trailer stuff. It sounds a bit RC in places IMO.

cool Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2016
    Of course it isn't Desplat. This is generic trailer music, and it's completely inappropriate. Disney, get your shit together. This isn't why we love Star Wars.

Still, the film itself looks great.
  9. It does.
    If anything, it has a good cast and will be shot in an interesting way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2016
    Birmingham has been the go-to location for major film productions lately! I just caught a glimpse of Steven Spielberg from my apartment window... preparing to shoot scenes for Ready Player One.

spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LSH wrote
    Birmingham has been the go-to location for major film productions lately! I just caught a glimpse of Steven Spielberg from my apartment window... preparing to shoot scenes for Ready Player One.

spin

Really? That's pretty awesome right there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    They've turned a couple of blocks of the edge of the inner-city into a grungy dystopian future Columbus, Ohio. Not much work required for that here, I must admit!
  10. Star Wars Rogue One 2nd trailer

What I see is awesome.
    What I hear is dreadful. Why do they keep using this kind of trailer music junk. They have a wealth of 6 scores by John Williams. Surely you could track in some of that music that would work dramatically without sounding anachronistic. Or track in some music by Giacchino for God's sake!?

Volker

Err ... 7
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2016
    Trailer looks pretty darn great, agreed! The trailer music is rubbish, of course, but no big deal.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Why does it matter if they use only trailer music? It's a trailer! What's next, wondering why they don't just show the whole movie? Same answer: it's a trailer.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  12. Can't they at least put a bit of effort into making the trailer music appropriate for the film, though? Thomas Bergersen has written some great Williams pastiche - just license some of that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2016
    Oh, y'know, whenever I hear that argument I am always reminded of the very first trailer for Star Wars ever...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  13. You don't know - by any chance - what music that actually is?