• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2016
    "Hoist the Poles!" by Frank "Crusty" Cobb, who wrote a lot of library music back in the 50s, especially for Carlton Television. Just when it looked like his career was about to take off, he was involved in the infamous joust with Geoffrey Drinkwater. I'm sure I don't need to tell you about that one, lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2016
    Captain Future wrote
    You don't know - by any chance - what music that actually is?

I do, actually: it is a variation of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons (Winter).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Ah. It did sound classical to me but I couldn't quite place it. Thanks!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Uncensored "Bad Santa 2" trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRrddku5xRk

OH, man -- here I was hoping for a good sequel. Doesn't look good.....
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2016
    The latest trailer for Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk has landed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-eMt3SrfFU
  3. LSH wrote
    The latest trailer for Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk has landed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-eMt3SrfFU

Take away the trailer "music" and it might become a good trailer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2016
    Gods yes! That trailer music is rubbish.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Unfortunately I think it's Hans. slant
  5. Reportedly not.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)

Trailer #2

Well well well... a big-budget movie that actually looks fun, creative and visually breathtaking. Hopefully this is Luc Besson returning to his The Fifth Element style.

It's a rare thing when little old me is actually looking forward to a new flick. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2017
    Looks great. Besson returned spectacularly to form with LUCY a couple of years ago, so now I allow myself to have some expectations again.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Lucy is one we will soon be watching (Thomas and I). Not sure what to expect really, but it has been on my radar.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2017
    I didn't much like Lucy, but I like Besson in general.
  8. It has space ships and fighters and I love "The Fifth Element". And Desplat. What can go wrong?

With Guardians of the Galaxy 2 coming up as well as Star Wars 8 this promises to be a good year for cinematic space opera.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2017
    The trailer seems a lot of cheesy bull. Hopefully the end movie will be better than that smile

Lucy was indeed pretty entertaining. A bit light but yeah, fun.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2017
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Reportedly not.

who wrote that btw? eager for this movie and score, huge nolan-meets-zimmer fan here.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. I don't remember, I think it was two guys... it was some more trailery stuff, I think?
  10. I just found out that "The Last Jedi" translates in German to its plural form "Die letzten Jedi", not the singular "Der letzte Jedi".

The teaser trailer is rather nondescript IMO.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2017
    The best part about new Star Wars trailers are all the trailer reactions. I love watching forced fangirling over 2 minutes of non-descript footage.
  11. Ron Howard has taken over the helm of the upcoming HAN SOLO anthology film. Some years ago this might have let to a Star Wars score composed by James Horner. As it is I assume it's not for Howard to decide who actually will score the film.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2017
    I hope the assignment goes to Giacchino, he turned in an incredible piece of work with "Rogue One", but he still needs more practice. I'd be thrilled to see what he'd do with more time.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2017
    Changed directors a bit sooner than on Rogue One (and a lot more publicly). That one worked out OK. I would imagine Howard would ask Hans Zimmer to score it first, assuming it's up to him, but I'm not sure he would say yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2017
    I dread a Hans Zimmer Star Wars score.

"For Han Solo's theme I decided to write ZERO notes!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2017 edited
    As long as Giacchino or Desplat are kept out of it, I'm pretty much open to anyone. Also Hans Zimmer. Or Roque Banos. But perhaps it'll be someone else altogether, that has no previous connection to Howard.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    Just wondering Thor.. why no Desplat? I was quite curious about a Rogue One score from Desplat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Because I don't like his music. A tad better than Giacchino, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Wait. Let me get this straight. You like Junkie XL? And you don't like Desplat? Do I have that straight?
  12. Let's not encourage this topic again...

(Love ya Thor but surely you must be as tired of talking about this particular subject as we are of hearing it? wink wink wink )
  13. Guys:

Probably there might be a call to Hans and both will think how to courteously say no about this idea (they are great friends right now and Hans just doesn't want to lose that particular connection; on the other hand who knows, reportedly the process on Inferno was very difficult. They still share each other's posts, Howard took and posted a picture from Hans' concert in London).

But I find a lack of one name disturbing. He has worked with Ron Howard before and has a now rather well-publicized Star Wars connection:

Thomas Newman.
  14. Aidabaida wrote
    I dread a Hans Zimmer Star Wars score.

"For Han Solo's theme I decided to write ZERO notes!"

Umm, you are aware that Ron Howard would actually not allow that? With the sole exception of Inferno which was a maligned effort by Howard to try being Tony Scott (full with an "old-school" main title sequence even), he has a rather traditional (if quite heavy-handed, see Da Vinci Code in film) approach to music. At least in the thematic department, we can expect themes even if somewhat simple, and a pretty clear thematic structure.