• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    all hail disney
    the land of mickey mouse and crap

You know, this one makes pretty good sense as well!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Beneath the gloss is slimey people made entirely from money.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Pull Mickey's head off and you'll find Gordon Gekko underneath.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    I can understand why Mcneely likes to score kid friendly family films, but I sure hope they are paying him lot of money. Otherwise, maybe he should work for someone who will actually release his music to the public.
  1. Joel McNeely update:

- Flipper
    - Gold Diggers
    - Iron Will
    - Mulan 2
    - Return to Never Land
    - Shadows of the Empire
    - Terminal Velocity
    - Virus

You guys have fun
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009 edited
    Excellent work, Thomas. And great to see your Excellent track labels now back! beer punk
  2. DemonStar wrote
    Excellent work, Thomas. And great to see your Excellent track labels now back! beer punk

yeah, I missed those wink too
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009 edited
    Joel's website is really great and has a lot of free mp3s.

Recommended:
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
    The Fox and the Hound 2
    Return to Neverland
    Cinderella III
    Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

I wish there were a full score for The Fox and the Hound 2. The action tracks with the combination of the racing bluegrass banjo and the orchestral punches is really fun and unique. I'm glad Joel puts up some of his music for download at least. His scores need more official releases.

-Feliz
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    Fabulous composer. I first fell in love with his music when he did Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, and was then quite blown away by both Terminal Velocity (which we all know features one of the best action cues ever written!) and Iron Will. These days I know that he enjoys doing the Disney stuff, but it would be great to see him work on some big action adventures (the 10% that is left when the Zimmer armada has nabbed its share) for some other companies - would probably result in more great albums too!

mc
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010
    Do anyone know what Joel McNeely is doing thees days? According to IMDB he hasn't scored anything in 2010.
  3. IMDB sucks ass on updates. Do not rely on them at all for what a compsoer is up to.

NcNeely scored a Disney animated project not too long ago, as I recall, but I wasn't able to find out the name.

He also continues to occassionally score episodes of "American Dad". I think this is his third year of working on the show now.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2010
    His score to American Dad could be interesting but I doubt if that will ever get released. I wish he could score some action movies again...
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    I like Shadows of the Empire.

McNeely is one of those composers that I would like to see replacing all the shit "composers" currently out there. I place him in this group.

McNeely
    Talgorn
    Shearmur

VS

All the MV/RC trash
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Talos wrote

McNeely is one of those composers that I would like to see replacing all the shit "composers" currently out there. I place him in this group.

McNeely
    Talgorn
    Shearmur

VS

All the MV/RC trash

There are a lot more composers alongside McNeely and Shearmur that deserve these prestigious Hollywood projects. It's not just three or four, dozens of them deserve their big break. I can add Jane Antonia Cornish, Fernando Velasquez, Christopher Lennertz, Ryan Shore, Mark McKenzie, et al to the list.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  4. Absolutely Mark McKenzie. It would be nice to see Broughton scoring a big film again. I would also love to see Debbie Wiseman scoring some bigger films, and Philippe Rombi. They've both scored films recently, but none of them have been very high profile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010
    Matt C wrote
    Talos wrote

McNeely
    Talgorn
    Shearmur

VS

All the MV/RC trash

There are a lot more composers alongside McNeely and Shearmur that deserve these prestigious Hollywood projects. It's not just three or four, dozens of them deserve their big break. I can add Jane Antonia Cornish, Fernando Velasquez, Christopher Lennertz, Ryan Shore, Mark McKenzie, et al to the list.

I agree, I just grabbed a few names that are some of my favourites, I like Lennertz work too. Nice Poledouris sound.

Goldenthal (even though he is well known) should get much more stuff. (don't know if he's completely recovered though) Anyone knows something about this?
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2010
    It seems to me Goldenthal's being choosy about what scoring offers he gets, or maybe he just wants to take it easy and enjoy life after that incident a few years ago. I'm pretty sure Goldenthal still gets offers and entreaties to score films.

And after listening to Wiseman's stuff, she does great if there's no temp track or anything. Lesbian Vampire Killers was great fun, but adhered too much to the temp track.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010 edited
    The problem with McNeely, Talgorn, Shearmur, Broughton, McKenzie, Debney etc. is that they write wonderful, fan-friendly orchestral music, but they don't really have any striking musical personalities that immediately makes you go "yup, that's so-and-so". So I'm not sure if there's a high profile market for that anymore. You gotta be an Elfman, Horner, Williams or Goldenthal to really get through, at least in an "aesthetic" sense.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not McKenzie, he's simply brilliant; listen to more of his stuff. And why is Debney in that list? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010
    I think all of those composers listed in Thor's post have there own distinct traits... even Debney. The issue is that there isn't a high profile market for traditional symphonic music a la Williams, Goldsmith, Horner.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not McKenzie, he's simply brilliant; listen to more of his stuff. And why is Debney in that list? wink

Yeah, I love McKenzie too. I play his DURANGO all the time, for example. But he's very traditional, old-school, very much "lovely, proficient orchestral music", but without the elements screaming "That's McKenzie!". At least none that I have heard so far.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, it says to me, it's either McKenzie or Rombi wink
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    I think all of those composers listed in Thor's post have there own distinct traits... even Debney. The issue is that there isn't a high profile market for traditional symphonic music a la Williams, Goldsmith, Horner.

-Erik-

Hmm, I wouldn't agree about Goldsmith. I mean in general you are very right, but Goldsmith has done a lot outside of "traditional" symphonic writing to label him like this. Don't get me wrong, the fact that he went out of the box quite a lot (except late 90s and his final years) is the reason why I love him so much.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I didn't say Goldsmith was only a traditional symphonic composer... but he did write plenty traditional symphonic scores. Hell, even Horner and Williams have stepped outside of the box to do something different and non-traditional.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Nobody argues about that, I think Goldsmith did it a bit more often. I think it was him who actually introduced MIDI to film scores, wasn't it?

And whether the high profile market isn't here anymore. I think a score like Williams's Black Sunday would still work today (Well, it does even - Munich refers to that one quite a bit)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    And whether the high profile market isn't here anymore. I think a score like Williams's Black Sunday would still work today (Well, it does even - Munich refers to that one quite a bit)

Sure... just as long as John Williams composes it and you have a knowledgeable director such as Spielberg at the helm. Those two could get away with murder.

-Erik-
  7. Or a clueless director who has a great producer who rejects Ramin Djawadi and hires McNeely and temps it with the Willliams score.

That simple biggrin
  8. Found some news about a McNeely project -- thought I'd share it:

"Top Hollywood composer Joel Mcneely has asked me to conduct a string orchestra, for a new Disney Theme Parks television campaign in the USA and we will be doing that via ISDN from Los Angeles."
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2010
    Earlier this spring, composer Joel McNeely returned to the Sony Scoring Stage to record the third film in the popular DisneyToons Studio computer-animated film series, Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2010
    How I wish he scores some films where his scores actually have a chance of being released.