• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    Since a few weeks I have a copy of Bernstein's re-recording of Rozsa's Thief of Bagdad. What a wonderful score! To my suprise the music on this album is VERY different in many cases compared with the other re-recording that came together with the Jungle Book on an older Varese release. I enjoy the Bernstein re-recording much, much more, because the tracks featured are just so great, some cheesy but great songs in an opera kind of approach, rousing choir, soft heavenly choir, action/love music... this Thief has it all. The Varese Thief is great as well, but again the tracks are just very different no choir, less tracks... and a less interesting choice of music. The only track on the Varese release that I like better... is the love theme. Its much longer... I guess its a concert version or something. Anyone noticed the distinct difference of these two albums? Any comments/thoughts?

Highly recommended, a fantastic album by the great Rozsa!
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    I only have the old Colloseum album that couples this with JUNGLE BOOK, and I like it a lot. It's in a suite format I generally prefer. I've not heard Bernstein's recording, though (is it in the FSM box?), but I'm sure it's good too.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I only have the old Colloseum album that couples this with JUNGLE BOOK, and I like it a lot. It's in a suite format I generally prefer. I've not heard Bernstein's recording, though (is it in the FSM box?), but I'm sure it's good too.

It's really good as I remember, unfortunately this was amongst a number of items stolen from my house while I was off travelling the world...a lovely surprise to come back to slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    It's really good as I remember, unfortunately this was amongst a number of items stolen from my house while I was off travelling the world...a lovely surprise to come back to slant

Sorry to hear about that. But are you talking about the Colloseum release or the Bernstein/FSM box thingie?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What? What happened Tim? I gather that was years ago?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    What? What happened Tim? I gather that was years ago?

Back in 1989.

A number of random things got stolen ( including approx 20 - 30 soundtrack albums ) but I was away travelling for a long time and it was nearly a year later that I found out about the burglary. A close friend was periodically keeping an eye on my place at the time and I'm thankful that he didn't say anything when I was on the otherside of the world and unable to do anything about it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt