• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008 edited
    edit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008
    Martijn wrote
    confused confusedconfusedconfusedconfused
    shocked

vomit
    spin
    moon
    angry
    explode
    kill

I see you've taken that news well!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    News?
    NEWS?

Slanted and biased and QUITE obviously left-wing leaning opinions.

The idea of mentioning Poledouris and The Transparent Minimalist in one topic, leave alone one sentence, is enough to grant psychotherapists all over the world job security for life.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Heh. I'd appreciate the input from non-biased people on the subject matter wink Maybe the word "influence" wasn't the correct choice, especially if you consider when the score was written (although Glass was fairly active back then too) but certainly some "parallels" or "similarities" can be heard, at least to me, and would make for an interesting discussion.

Happy now Martijn? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes.
    I would grant that both of them have used a Dmin chord at some point in their respective careers.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am listening to CHERRY 2000 now for the first time and i am immensely loving it; i am pleasantly surprised by PHILIP GLASS influences that can be found scarcely throughout the score, of course in a very own special way to Poledouris. But still it's quite interesting, in tracks like - say "Magneto". I am wondering who influenced who wink

Hmm... I think you've just answered something I've been trying to guess (the score) for a few days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Hmm... I think you've just answered something I've been trying to guess (the score) for a few days.

Annnnd the ditch has been lept. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I initially thought it had to be Glass but the clue pointed to it definitely being Poledouris. I haven't listened to the score in a while and maybe it's an isolated moment which is why I never noticed before... but quite a shameless rip off it is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, cause, like, OBVIOUSLY any minimalist style element (like an arpeggio. Or a chord. Or a note) just HAS to be lifted from the Transparent One... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah relax, Southall was apparently pulling your leg wink Glass has distinct characteristics which make up his sound and are pretty recognizable when there; of course it's nothing like WANTED or S.O.P by Elfman this year where you have direct influences and resemblances; it's way more in-depth and indirect but still reminded me of Glass at some scarce points, doesn't mean it's a rip-off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Grrrmmbllll. angry

<mopes>
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Grrrmmbllll. angry

<mopes>

biggrin Ah, you're an Emo now? Don't be that mate, it's so saD! You know we all love you! kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah relax, Southall was apparently pulling your leg wink Glass has distinct characteristics which make up his sound and are pretty recognizable when there; of course it's nothing like WANTED or S.O.P by Elfman this year where you have direct influences and resemblances; it's way more in-depth and indirect but still reminded me of Glass at some scarce points, doesn't mean it's a rip-off.

I was pulling his leg (it's an imitation, not a rip-off) but it's a lot more blatant than the Elfman ones, I think!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    More pulling or are you properly looking for a fight?
    It'll be a while before Australia is on-line and Michael can come to your aid, so it'll be mano a mano, compadre.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Can i play referee? I promised i won't be biased in favor of James
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Honestly, I'm not the greatest fan of Glass. I like him - but usually only in small doses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So basically your glass is half-full?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote

Your jokes are transparent, but they do crack me up.

( shame rolleyes )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

Your jokes are transparent, but they do crack me up.

( shame rolleyes )

"Glass is half-full"

Not the first time he's used it rolleyes

Getting repetitive just like your nemesis eh buddy!? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Here's your WINDOW of opportunity to roll out all the tired PAINful old GLASS "jokes"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thankfully we can frame the culprits as we can see right through them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Not the first time he's used it rolleyes

Nothing wrong with double glazing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Thankfully we can frame the culprits as we can see right through them.

They'll get a FROSTY reception from me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm sure they'll be shattered by the end of it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Honestly I don't mind people emulating Minimalists. In fact, esepcially in the case of Poledouris c.s., they usually do a better job of it. After all: the Glass is always cleaner on the other side.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Honestly I don't mind people emulating Minimalists. In fact, esepcially in the case of Poledouris c.s., they usually do a better job of it. After all: the Glass is always cleaner on the other side.

Martijn's bi-focals are getting all steamed up, watch out for the double glazing mate, there's everything wrong with it when your going through it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I never worry about going through looking Glass. It's the listening I object to.

(You WILL not outpun me, Sir!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I never worry about going through looking Glass. It's the listening I object to.

(You WILL not outpun me, Sir!)

How PUNnitive of you, your PUNishment will be PUNctual oh PUNy one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I was pulling his leg (it's an imitation, not a rip-off) but it's a lot more blatant than the Elfman ones, I think!

Oops, turns out that's not the score in question! So there's another one out there with BP sounding like PG...