• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I don't recognise this at all!

Music from one of the OCP commercials.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Music from one of the OCP commercials.

-Erik-

Cheers, Erik! punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I'm going to pass up on this, since I've got the Varèse expanded CD and almost never listen to it - somehow I've never really connected to it. I'm much more a fan of Hunt for Red October and Quigley.
  2. I never connected to Robocop either, to be honest.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Besides the main theme, neither did I.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010 edited
    Love the main theme, and though I'm not that familiair with the rest of the score and did think it might be rather dated as heard in the movie, I do think I might be buying this. I've been wanting to buy this before, but held off because the versions I came across weren't the best ones out there. This seems to become the definitive edition! How orchestral is this, actually?
  3. BobdH wrote
    How orchestral is this, actually?

Awesomely orchestral with some synth flavourings!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    yeah, I just listened some on YouTube. The orchestral music is AWESOME, but I really could've done without the annoying synths. Will be a definite buy anyhow, though, even if it's just for that kick-ass main theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010 edited
    I love everything about Robocop, synths and all so whether I will go for this new release or not depends on the question if the extra cues are worth it, because I seem to have more than enough with the old Varese album. The score is one I can never tire of, Poledouris at his best.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    I love everything about Robocop, synths and all so whether I will go for this new release or not depends on the question if the extra cues are worth it, because I seem to have more than enough with the old Varese album. The score is one I can never tire of, Poledouris at his best.

they mention that some of the finest moments were never released, so perhaps it will be worthwhile to buy this one wink

here is what intrada says about it
    That said, I'm excited to point out that one of our titles, a restoration of something that's already been done twice (but in truncated form both times!) FINALLY includes one of the most important cues of the score... for the first time ever. In addition, some assorted other new cues plus a previously unreleased complete assembly of the end credits music gives this terrific score the proper release it so richly deserves. There are 3000 copies of this limited edition to go around
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010
    I'm glad that this release will include the End Credits! When I bought the Varese album years ago I was dissappointed that it didn't include the end credits because it show cases the Robocop theme at it's best. That also the reason why I didn't buy the Varese expanded release years later. It didn't add any extras worth having. And as mentionned on the Intrada forum the sound quality will be top notch so I'm buying this release first thing tomorrow when I wake up.
  5. RoboCop (Complete) - ordered! beer
  6. FalkirkBairn wrote
    RoboCop (Complete) - ordered! beer

Gilles, will you buy this one too? beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010
    fommes wrote
    I'm going to pass up on this, since I've got the Varèse expanded CD and almost never listen to it - somehow I've never really connected to it. I'm much more a fan of Hunt for Red October and Quigley.

Same here. I had the ol' Varese once and never listened to it, so I sold it. I like the theme, but that's about it. Not for me, neither expanded nor rearranged.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. I've never really understood the appeal of Flesh + Blood to be honest, Conan is far superior in the same genre of sound.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    Yes, Conan is a better score but Flesh + Blood is excellent as well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    KevinSmith wrote
    I've never really understood the appeal of Flesh + Blood to be honest, Conan is far superior in the same genre of sound.

It's been a long time since I heard the score, but I ADORED this film when I was a teen (I recorded it from nighttime television and watched it numerous times since) - part of it must be attributed to the nudity (Jennifer Jason Leigh in her prime!) and violence, of course, but there was also something engrossing about the atmosphere.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    KevinSmith wrote
    I've never really understood the appeal of Flesh + Blood to be honest, Conan is far superior in the same genre of sound.

The appeal of FLESH+BLOOD, for me, is in the lack of choir as opposed to CONAN. It's purely orchestral which makes it more pure, in a way, and more old fashioned (if you catch my drift). And I just love the themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Conan is outstanding, I played the main titles today to the class at the college and i was newly re-blow away but it, as the kids were listening to that, and me reading their reactions in their faces. As good as film music can get.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010
    BobdH wrote
    The appeal of FLESH+BLOOD, for me, is in the lack of choir
    Yeah.
    Everyone's weird tonight.
    And I just love the themes.

Ah.
    A bit of normalcy.
    Thank God.
    biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010 edited
    fireworks CONAN THE BARBARIAN fireworks

cry <---me non-stop crying with happiness
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Hehe, Timmer.

fireworks Release of the century! fireworks

Peter bounce
  8. Of "the century"? Already?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010
    fireworks Release of all time! fireworks

Better?

Peter bounce
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Utterly mindblowing. I bought just one cue from iTunes, but the samples blow the original quality away in terms of performance, recording and lush orchestrations.

Will be buying the Tadlow re-recording.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    Matt C wrote
    Utterly mindblowing. I bought just one cue from iTunes, but the samples blow the original quality away in terms of performance, recording and lush orchestrations.

Will be buying the Tadlow re-recording.

Good man yourself Matt beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. I can't believe that this hasn't been mentioned!

Intrada announces:

FLESH + BLOOD
    Composed and Conducted by BASIL POLEDOURIS
    INTRADA Special Collection Volume 153

The 1985 film Flesh + Blood began Paul Verhoeven’s working relationship with composer Basil Poledouris, who would later collaborate on Robocop and Starship Troopers. Verhoeven had been impressed by Poledouris’s muscular, yet highly romantic, music for John Milius’s Conan the Barbarian, sensing a corollary between Conan’s quasi-medieval comic book style and the blend of medieval action, romance and mysticism in Flesh + Blood. Verhoeven asked for a score that was medieval in character but large-scale and orchestral to reinforce the film’s spirit of adventure—and he needed Poledouris to suggest Catholic mysticism. Poledouris saw the main characters as “land pirates” and brought a swashbuckling feeling to his music from the film’s opening credits, introducing a bold and adventurous theme, alternating from the piratical vibe Poledouris sought to the heavy, no-nonsense rhythms of war. To underscore the film’s love triangle, Poledouris wrote two extremely rich romantic melodies. The result is a score that is simply a treasure trove of orchestral color, period splendor and—ultimately—power.

While this is the third CD release of the score to Flesh + Blood, it is the first release to revisit the 24-track masters stored at MGM and create a brand new, crisp and clear mix. Previous releases were created from 1/4" masters featuring a mix with which the composer was never entirely satisfied and supplemented with additional music from suboptimal sources. Additionally, this is the first release to present the entire score in film order, revealing the rich and intricate masterpiece Poledouris provided.

Set at the beginning of the Sixteenth Century in Western Europe, Flesh + Blood chronicles the story a band of mercenaries led by Martin (Rutger Hauer) and his compatriot-in-arms Hawkwood (Jack Thompson), who are in the employ of a nobleman named Arnolfini (Fernando
    Hilbeck). After employing them to rout the citizens of a besieged city, Arnolfini betrays the hired soldiers and abandons them without pay. Disbanded to the countryside, Martin and his band of men and women find vengeance by kidnapping the princess Agnes (Jennifer Jason Leigh), who is betrothed to Arnolfini’s son Steven (Tom Burlinson).

This release is limited to 2000 units.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 153
    Retail Price: $19.99
    AVAILABLE NOW
    For track listing and sound samples, please visit
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6864/.f
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2010
    A superb score but I just have to pass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2010 edited
    I'm not sure why it wasn't highlighted earlier by someone. Maybe our usual publicists here were all busy?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2010
    I'll blame me on this one wink

It doesn't seem that long ago since I bought the Prometheous release so I'm by-passing this.