• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorUbedapress
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    The 2008 Goya Award-winning spanish composer brings some interesting news to Ubeda

One of the most celebrated composers in the last edition of the International Film Music Conference "City of Úbeda," is going to attend this year's event to be held from 10 to 13 July, 2008.

Roque Baños is one of the most outstanding film composers in the Spanish film industry. He is the latest winner of the 2008 Goya award for his superb score for the motion picture "Las Trece Rosas (Thirteen Roses)", which marks his fifth collaboration, after the success of "La Voz de su Amo (His Master's Voice)", "Al Otro Lado de la Cama (The Other Side of the Bed)" and its sequel, with spanish director Emilio Martinez Lazaro.

Roque Baños' music became, furthermore, one of the highlights of 2007 concert in the Courtyard of the Hospital of Santiago at the 3rd edition of the Conference. The amazing performance of an exclusive, never-before-heard suite from his score for "Alatriste" (conducted by the composer himself), deserved a big and prolonged round of applause from the audience.

Presently, Roque Baños has discussed with the organization and confirmed that he is preparing a big surprise for all the fans who decide come to meet him in the 4th Conference this year in Úbeda.

Another prominent composer to join the ranks of Bruce Broughton (president of Honour), Fernando Velazquez, John Scott, Patrick Doyle and Joel McNeely.

And this great composer is not the last of the guests that will be part of the Conference. During this final moments, we will introduce some more guests that never have been in the City of Ubeda. If somebody thinks that all the surprises have already been uncovered, they are wrong. Register and do not wait until somebody tells you about it!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That's becoming an impressive guest list!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Great News. Can't wait to hear who else is going to attend. Hopefully JNH? Or maybe Horner???
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Great! Baños returning to Úbeda! Can´t wait!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008 edited
    JNH or even Horner (or both) would just make the ultimate guest list but I don't really have too much hope for those two... JNH is busy as hell (if I'm not misstaken) and Horner is, as far as others comments go, not the guy attending too much public events... but it would definitely be fantastic!!!!

Go for them Ubeda-Crew.
  1. Bregt wrote
    That's becoming an impressive guest list!

As it stands at the moment, it certainly outdoes SONCINEMAD 2008 on all counts!!

Roque Baños is a composer who has been really supportive of both SONCINEMAD and Ubeda music festivals. I know that he has attended both SONCINEMAD festivals so far and I'm sure that he has attended most, if not all, of the Ubeda meetings.

punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Roque Baños is a composer who has been really supportive of both SONCINEMAD and Ubeda music festivals. I know that he has attended both SONCINEMAD festivals so far and I'm sure that he has attended most, if not all, of the Ubeda meetings.

punk

And was last year´s highlight of the concert. Can´t wait to see what he´s preparing for this one.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you