• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008
    For anyone who's stuck at a boring job and can handle work and internet at the same time, what do you go on? I'm seriously running out of stuff to do!

My daily list will be

www.hotmail.com
    www.maintitles.net
    www.shoutwire.com
    www.bbc.co.uk/news
    www.empireonline.com
    www.facebook.com
    www.varesesarabande.com
    www.freewebarcade.com
    www.gamespot.com

Those sites have to keep my occupied for seven and a half hours a day. But I'm out of stuff to read. cry What other good websites are there that you can pass the time on? spin dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008 edited
    www.liveleak.com
    http://www.rslinks.org/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I wish the second one were appropriate at work. sad

I'd love a job where I could just have music or a DVD on in the background. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    When I'm a bit bored or want to pass the time with sites of my interest, I use my StumbleUpon account and toolbar in Firefox. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stumbleupon

Make an account on StumbleUpon, add the addon for your browser, and use the Stumble! button. I think it's a areat addition.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Looking at your sig, you no longer want to play the euphamalefmnasdfjnasdfphone? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Phuh.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008
    I don't need more sites! I am FAR too busy to even keep up with this board and FSM - and facebook, e-mail and a couple of other stops. I wish all my favourite fora would shut down for a month or two so that I could actually get something CONSTRUCTIVE done. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thor wrote
    I don't need more sites! I am FAR too busy to even keep up with this board and FSM - and facebook, e-mail and a couple of other stops. I wish all my favourite fora would shut down for a month or two so that I could actually get something CONSTRUCTIVE done. smile

Hehe! Exactly my thought as well. I still think it's a pity I can't keep up here anymore since the forum has moved to MainTitles. Only a couple of discussions I'm following and they are going so fast it takes more than enough of my time!

Haven't been around on Facebook either lately... so it's just MainTitles, the news and the rest is work related.

When I do have time to 'surf around' a bit it's sites like Wikipedia or IMDB, because you go from one link to another and you can never get bored!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Depends on what you're looking for, Anthony, I guess?
    I generally loose a lot of time when I simply try and look something up (by Googling it), and, like Bregje, the same way when checking Wikipedia.

But I have some wicked opinion and column sites on international foreign policy and politics when I really want to go in-depth. But at a guess that's not what you're looking for.
    Sorry, but I have few sites where I just pass time for fun.
    It's just here and Facebook these days. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregje, i am surprised that the rate of updates of this forum dizzies you. I wouldn't assume it is any more, in fact, than scorereviews? The latter had some pretty decent traffic too, especially during 2006 and the first 6-months of 2007.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008 edited
    oh and let's not forget www.lolcats.com!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bregje, i am surprised that the rate of updates of this forum dizzies you. I wouldn't assume it is any more, in fact, than scorereviews? The latter had some pretty decent traffic too, especially during 2006 and the first 6-months of 2007.

You may be right Demetris, I'm not sure. I guess there are other things that make it seem like the forum is busier now:
    I am busier myself now probably, that's one thing.
    Plus, I am still 'suffering the consequences' of missing the first week here. That means most composer topics have never been opened by me and just the sights of '246 posts unread' for instance keeps me from opening the topic!! Even though I know I don't have to read it all, I could read just the posts of the last week, but still, it feels like not keeping up with you all. Isn't it weird how the mind works, ha... so it may very well be true that it only seems more active in my experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Just click the Mark as all Read button in the panel and you have some sort of clear, new start! smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Can I just add that the "Bookmark This Discussion" option (top box, left) can be very useful as well?
    You just bookmark any of the threads that you think are interesting, and those, together with any new threads should keep anyone up to date on anything interesting.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2008
    Bregje wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

You may be right Demetris, I'm not sure. I guess there are other things that make it seem like the forum is busier now:
    I am busier myself now probably, that's one thing.
    Plus, I am still 'suffering the consequences' of missing the first week here. That means most composer topics have never been opened by me and just the sights of '246 posts unread' for instance keeps me from opening the topic!! Even though I know I don't have to read it all, I could read just the posts of the last week, but still, it feels like not keeping up with you all. Isn't it weird how the mind works, ha... so it may very well be true that it only seems more active in my experience.

Well dear Bregje, you can always do what Bregt told above or you can dedicate 2 hours to over-read the stuff that interests you in the composers' threads so that the forum goes all whitey to you again; that's not a reason to keep you away from participating!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2008
    Bregje, just go with the recent posts that interest you! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Something I came across whilst researching family trees.

"The Geograph British Isles project aims to collect geographically representative photographs and information for every square kilometre of Great Britain and Ireland..."

http://www.geograph.org.uk/

Quite interesting to dip into.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Create your own "classic" Doctor Who scores here:

http://www.femurdesign.com/theremin/
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2014
    This is QUITE a bit harder than I'd have thought.
    Couldn't they have added frets, like on a guitar?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2014
    Dunno about Doctor Who, but I'm pretty sure I'm communicating with the humpback whales from Star Trek IV....
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2021
    It would be interesting to hear, all these years later, what are some the websites that people frequent every day, that doesn't necessarily deal with film or film music.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. For me there are 2 lists of sites visited. The first is on my phone:

Maintitles messageboard
    FSM messageboard
    BBC News website
    Guardian website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Wordpress to look at my blog stats

And on my computer:

Maintitles messageboard
    FSM messageboard
    BBC News website
    Amazon digital soundtrack releases
    Facebook
    Twitter

And that's about it for my daily routine.
  4. A couple of football sites, an online game I'm playing (and where I'm leader of a bunch of online players), Bluray.com and IMDB for the latest movie news or reviews
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. I get sucked into YouTube most frequently, but trying to kick the habit!