• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    I'd rather watch Pingu.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PINGU.RULES! Seriously, i spent so many hours as a kid watching his awesomeness!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Me too.
  1. Tell you what, the music for MR FOX is worth listening to for people who think Desplat always sounds the same. Just listening to 'Whack-Bat Majorette' now.
    There's a bit of Morricone whistling and boing in 'Bean's Secret Cider Cellar'. What a cool little tribute to spaghetti western music.

(I know, I know - Franz likes another Desplat score. Big deal.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Yeah, that "Bean's Secret Cider Cellar" is a great homage to Morricone. Wonderfully orchestrated. My favorite cue of the streaming score so far. I think that Desplat has proved before that he's not a "one-trick-poney" kind of composer and this score confirms it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    PINGU.RULES! Seriously, i spent so many hours as a kid watching his awesomeness!

I saw Pingu as an adult and he is seriously awesome! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Indeed. I loved pingu as a kid!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Just had an interview wit Desplat (what a man of class!). So relaxed but still with flair. Pity the interview had to be so short (an with an other interviewer, so we had to mingle our questions). I as about to sk about the unreleased scores, but then he had to go. I see him tomorrow again, and will try it then. In any case, this guy is great.

He told he himself whistled on Mr Fox.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthortimme
    You can listen to an interview with Alexandre Desplat on www.filmmusicsite.com. He talks about his work and about The Fantastic Mr Fox and New Moon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Just had an interview wit Desplat (what a man of class!). So relaxed but still with flair. Pity the interview had to be so short (an with an other interviewer, so we had to mingle our questions). I as about to sk about the unreleased scores, but then he had to go. I see him tomorrow again, and will try it then. In any case, this guy is great.

He told he himself whistled on Mr Fox.

That's cool! Hangin' with the big guys now, eh?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Indeed. I loved pingu as a kid!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009 edited
    Right. I forgot to say.

We asked about Tree of Life during the interview. Apparently it is already recorded (forgot where) and it is now edited. He couldn't tell anything more about it, but when we asked how it was working with Malick, he almost jumped. He said the experience was fantastic and Malick is a genious.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009
    Is he indeed? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    frank
    Kazoo
  2. Steven wrote
    Is he indeed? biggrin

LOL.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Is he indeed? biggrin

applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    frank

^
    trouble Stevie boy, Bregt is seriously bummed off biggrin
  3. Bregt wrote
    Right. I forgot to say.

We asked about Tree of Life during the interview. Apparently it is already recorded (forgot where) and it is now edited. He couldn't tell anything more about it, but when we asked how it was working with Malick, he almost jumped. He said the experience was fantastic and Malick is a genious.

Zimmer keeps saying the same. Maybe he just needs a specific type of composer? Who is able to actually dig his intellectual musings? Horner doesn't grasp the concept of metaphor seemingly...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. An excellent interview:
    http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=4088

The main scores discussed are FANTASTIC MR FOX, NEW MOON (he praises Kilar's Dracula as one of the greatest scores of all time, but says he went in a different direction), and TREE OF LIFE. The opening also has some comments on COCO CHANEL and JULIA-JULIE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    Can anyone who has the cd to Un Prophete tell me whether it comes in a digipak or regular jewel case?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009
    The tracklist of New Moon has been revealed at this page.

1. New Moon
    2. Bella Dreams
    3. Romeo & Juliet
    4. Volturi Waltz
    5. Blood Sample
    6. Edward Leaves
    7. Werewolves
    8. I Need You
    9. Break Up
    10. Memories of Edward
    11. Wolves v. Vampire
    12. Victoria
    13. Almost a Kiss
    14. Adrenaline
    15. Dreamcatcher
    16. To Volterra
    17. You are Alive
    18. The Volturi
    19. The Cullens
    20. Marry Me, Bella
    21. Full Moon

No track lengths yet though.
    • CommentAuthormsi2
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009
    One new waltz!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009
    Track samples now up at Amazon!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Very nice, even at sample level. A massive improvement over the first movie's music. Will be getting this one for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's indeed a huge improvement!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    WANT
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I enjoyed the sound clips, I will get around to buying it. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009 edited
    http://www.movieline.com/2009/11/busy-b … antino.php

Desplat on Tarantino-

During a master class last weekend at the Thessaloniki International Film Festival, Desplat was asked about Tarantino’s disinclination to score his films with virtually anything but preexisting work, from the pop standards of Reservoir Dogs to the spaghetti-Western benchmarks of Ennio Morricone underlying Basterds. (I presume Desplat probably would allow for, if not necessarily approve of, RZA’s original compositions for Kill Bill?) In a moment of surprising artist-to-artist bitchslappery, the composer confessed disapproval for the technique, citing both a lack of inspiration and more than a bit of selfishness on Tarantino’s part:

Desplat said
    The director’s free to do what he wants to do. So if Tarantino likes this or that, that’s fine. I know Tarantino hates movie soundtracks, except he’s using music from movie soundtracks all the time — from Morricone to Bernard Herrmann to you name it. It’s just so provocative, I guess, a thing. Maybe he doesn’t have the inspiration — let’s call it that — to call a composer and share the authorship with a composer. That’s something that many — that some directors have difficulty to do. They think they are the only author, and they don’t want to share that with a composer. They think the composer is going to steal something from them, which is false.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkblRNpW5qQ
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    The question that raises when read the above is:
    WHERE YOU THERE DEMETRIS?
    Kazoo
  5. That's a fair comment from Desplat. I've got nothing against the approach myself.