• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2008 edited
    Even though it's the Spanish version, the trailer for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button looks amazing shocked

http://benjamin-button-trailer.blogspot … ailer.html

It's... haunting! (and it reminds me of Jean Pierre Jeunet, and that's always a good thing!).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008
    ALEXANDRE DESPLAT - Filmography

Largo Winch
    Jérôme Salle
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808339/combined

Afterwards Gilles Bourdos
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0940580/combined
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Don't forget BENJAMIN BUTTON and CHERI.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008
    These are probably my most anticipated scores for the next period of 6 months or so, Desplat let me down just once, and that was with THE QUEEN. The rest was pure pleasure for me and i am deeply looking forward to each and every new score by him.
  2. Is this the Demetris Christodoulides who fell asleep listening to PAINTED VEIL?! wink

(Sorry, I'm bad - I shouldn't rub it in. I change my mind too.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008 edited
    No, i don't have a problem with admitting what happened mate, after all i did it too over at SR and i deserve it 'cause THE PAINTED VEIL is absolutely brilliant film scoring. I just couldn't bare it for quite a while but it grew each and every time up to the point i was totally taken by it via watching the movie. But the QUEEN never managed to do anything for me, the slightest emotional affect or rise of interest, no matter what.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I liked the score but the film was a yawner

Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
  3. sdtom wrote
    I liked the score but the film was a yawner

Which film?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How could it not be? England.......British........God Save the Queen...........yawnnnnnnn biggrin tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  4. I must say for all the talk about how THE QUEEN was superior drama, I had to chuckle when the screenwriters tried raising the stakes by having someone tell Tony Blair in all seriousness that "1 in 3 people are now in favour of abolishing the monarchy". The coming revolution sounds a bit under-motivated!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I thought it was OK, could have been better perhaps. Score was excellent though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    How could it not be? England.......British........God Save the Queen...........yawnnnnnnn biggrin tongue

Too right, they do f*ck all and cost us money. (And yes Demetris, you'll find a lot of people in Britain who couldn't give a flying shit about the Royal family.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Too right, they do f*ck all and cost us money. (And yes Demetris, you'll find a lot of people in Britain who couldn't give a flying shit about the Royal family.)

That doesn't mean they can't enjoy a film about them!

In any case, they cost each taxpayer 60 pence a year and rake in hundreds of millions in tourism so the "cost us money" argument is false. Your other point may well be more valid!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Tourists are suckers then. Americans seem to eat up the whole royalty thing in Britain as they tend to have a false romantic view of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Tourists are suckers then. Americans seem to eat up the whole royalty thing in Britain as they tend to have a false romantic view of it.

...but they're American!
  5. Today I’ll be sitting in the hot seat for a film called ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’, composer Alexander Deplat. Don’t know a thing about the film, yet, but I do know that French born Desplat is an exacting musician with an incredible ear for detail.

For the orchestra this means a day of many, many interrupted takes. If he has a short coming it is that he sometimes loses the forest for the trees, if you know what I mean.

Though the results often sound very clean and tidy, the problem with such a work method is that the players aren’t able to ‘stay warm.’

Imagine driving a car one or two blocks, turning it off for a couple minutes, restarting it, driving another block, shutting it down, etc., etc,.

Such treatment is as hard on a car as it is on a player. On days such as this I will use our 10-minute breaks to stretch and clear out the inevitable lactic acid buildup. The most sure sign of such accumulation is a burning sensation in a specific area.

http://www.violinmastery.com/violinsecr … -pain.html
  6. Interesting report. I wonder if that approach to recording contributes to the 'poised' feel of his music. Every gesture is so deliberate and noticable.

Certainly the way he had his music mixed and recorded (very transparently) demands that not a single player be off. It would be too noticeable.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    Award-winning composer Alexandre Desplat recently recorded his score to the highly anticipated film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button at the Sony Scoring Stage. Starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, the film was directed by David Fincher and ScoringSessions.com was there to bring you the exclusive photos from this amazing film score!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/151/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Amazing photos, thanks Dan! I really liked this one here http://www.scoringsessions.com/img/larg … c_5167.jpg and i can't wait for the score. At last, some good music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Great pictures indeed. I particularly liked this one. Just out of interest, what kind of camera do you use Dan?
  7. This score and Goldenthal's PUBLIC ENEMIES are two that really feel worth looking forward to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    This score and Goldenthal's PUBLIC ENEMIES are two that really feel worth looking forward to.

Tell me about it! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Steven wrote
    Great pictures indeed. I particularly liked this one. Just out of interest, what kind of camera do you use Dan?

I use a Nikon D70s. That photo was taken with a 50mm f/1.8 lens, and then adjusted in Photoshop so that it was a bit more evenly displayed.
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    dgoldwas wrote
    Steven wrote

I use a Nikon D70s. That photo was taken with a 50mm f/1.8 lens, and then adjusted in Photoshop so that it was a bit more evenly displayed.

The golden word wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Excellent.

I want that scsore. It's in fact the only thing I look forward to. Next to being sober again. I'm extremely drunkk. Any huintss?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ah fuck.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Excellent.

I want that scsore. It's in fact the only thing I look forward to. Next to being sober again. I'm extremely drunkk. Any huintss?

dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy

^how many of ME can you count Bregt? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I still have yet to get a copy.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008 edited
    So apparently he's doing Malick's Tree of Life now!?

Another heaven's project for this composers! He knows how to get them!
    Kazoo