• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    Just a *bump* for Michael wink

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ou/#Item_7
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. beer
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2008
    A taste of Desplat's upcoming music for the BENJAMIN BUTTON movie, in its trailer here:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount … minbutton/
  2. I don't think I'm looking forward to any movies this year quite like this one. Fincher and Desplat and Roth (writer). What a team.

Eric Roth also wrote FORREST GUMP, which this story seems to share some superficial resemblance with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    I don't think I'm looking forward to any movies this year quite like this one. Fincher and Desplat and Roth (writer). What a team.

That's what i was thinking earlier too, quite impressive talents we got here working together.
  3. Would love to see the film and hear the score myself.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm sure I will see the film CCOBB.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008
    LARGO WINCH
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Alexandre Desplat

With neither family nor ties, Largo Winch — maverick ladykiller, adventurer, rebel and fighter — finds himself, aged 26, at the head of a global business empire.

Nerio Winch is dead. The billionaire’s body was found floating just a few yards from his yacht. This drowning appears suspect because the victim is the founder and majority shareholder of the W Group, an empire employing 400,000 people around the globe. The renowned businessman had no family. Who will inherit the group? This question panics the W Group’s board. Without their boss and figurehead, they are incapable of ensuring the company’s survival as it is already under attack from all sides on the world’s financial markets. However, they are unaware of Nerio’s great secret. A son adopted almost thirty years earlier in a Bosnian orphanage and raised in total secrecy by a family of fishermen on the shores of the Adriatic. A certain Largo who, for now, is rotting in a prison in the depths of the Amazon. Even though he claims to be innocent, the young man is accused of drug trafficking.

Nerio’s murder. Largo’s imprisonment. What if these two events were part of a single plot designed to seize control of the Winch empire?

Tomer Sisley stars as Largo in this most expensive French production ever. The international cast being rounded out by Kristin Scott Thomas, Karel Roden, Gilbert Melki and Benedict Wong.

Alexandre Desplat (The Queen) contributes a James Bond-ian action score, full of adventure and intrigue.

LARGO WINCH begins an international rollout in France on December 17.

Our LARGO WINCH release will be an iTunes exclusive until the film's 2009 U.S. release date.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 943 2
    iTunes Release Date: 12/16/08
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Most excellent news!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I didn't even know he was scoring it. I must be behind the times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Me neither shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I remember when I first got onto the internet, the Varese Sarabande "upcoming releases" page was usually how I found out about forthcoming scores. Before the days of IMDB and the like.
  4. Gentlemen! How can you not have know this was coming? I've been blowing my horn about it all year! wink

Here's hoping for something with the energy of HOSTAGE and style of UNE CHANCE SUR DEUX.
    (Though I wish it wasn't an iTunes release - that means iTunes America, probably!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I remember when I first got onto the internet, the Varese Sarabande "upcoming releases" page was usually how I found out about forthcoming scores. Before the days of IMDB and the like.

Same here.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Gentlemen! How can you not have know this was coming? I've been blowing my horn about it all year! wink

Here's hoping for something with the energy of HOSTAGE and style of UNE CHANCE SUR DEUX.
    (Though I wish it wasn't an iTunes release - that means iTunes America, probably!)

Don't worry Michael, "I" was paying attention! biggrin

And I'm looking forward to hearing the score, Desplat is my favourite, regularly working, composer today.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I saw the preview for CCBB and it was really interesting.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    James Bondian action score? Yes please! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008
    My review of Desplat and Zigman's Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, copied and pasted right out of my score reviews blog:

" A magical, soaring score that will hold your heart captive and not let go "

The score to Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium threw me for a loop. A big loop. What I thought was going to be a mediocre listen turned out to be a charming, emotionally moving, vast, mysterious, and comical score. Composed as a collaboration between Aaron Zigman and Alexandre Desplat, this score isn't one you'll want to miss.

Though it has a comical, Monsters, Inc.-like opening (Main Title), the soundtrack presents an incredible flurry of motifs, incredibly emotional, and tugging at the heartstrings from all angles. The duo did an excellent job holding a sense of unity and consistency throughout the work.

Regardless of how many styles of writing you hear in this score, the duo manage to tie it all together with unmistakeable motifs, one of which tends to stand out to me a great deal: the gorgeous, sweeping melody often heard on strings, piano, or brass (Mahoney's Debut, The Flight of Magorium, Dancing, Finale). Such a theme is not to be easily forgotten, at least not by me.

Overall, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium is an excellent buy, a wonderful addition to a score fan's library, and one that you will return to time and time again. Do not believe your first impressions, or you will be deceived. This is a children's film, but an adults' score. This is pure, unadulterated, raw emotional intensity that is not to be found in too many of today's scores. And aside from that, it's a heck of a lot of fun. Highly recommended.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm getting deja-vu dizzy spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And I just found out that Paramount has refused the sequencing for the soundtrack to CCBB. Hopefully it will be released before the film which is December 25th in the US.
    • CommentAuthordman
    What does that mean..."refused the sequencing?"

Please elaborate.

Also, here is the soundtrack release info:

http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/albums/CRE-31231-02/

2 discs, and ~80 mins of original score. Pretty awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Waltz! love
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    AMAZING!!!!
  5. Wow. Unlike Craig Armstrong's HULK, this looks like a full score release to be excited about!

(And who told Concord that there was money to be made in soundtracks? Well done to them, whoever it was.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Couldn't agree more with Michael; i have a feeling this is going to be one of the year's most important releases.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    As far as I can see, the second disc also contains other pieces than the film score. Nonetheless, I am really looking forward to both the film and the album!
  6. Ah yes, right you are. I was surprised that there were two discs worth of score for the film. One and a half discs makes more sense.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Couldn't agree more with Michael; i have a feeling this is going to be one of the year's most important releases.

Whoooaaaah there with the hyperbole D shocked

Let's wait and see ( hear ) wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The way the tracks are presented on the CD. I'm relaying the information given to me by his agent in the United States. My guess is that they'll be shifted around a bit.
    Thomas smile