• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011
    How is it that only Zimmer's score got completely in and Horner and Desplat got 10 minutes each but we won't call them rejected? Practically, they are, for Mallick's reasons. We simply don't want to admit it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011 edited
    And why everybody is talking only about Zimmer, Horner and Desplat and forgetting the beautiful score by Ennio Morricone ? wink That score is in the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cristian wrote
    And why everybody is talking only about Zimmer, Horner and Desplat and forgetting the beautiful score by Ennio Morricone wink That score is in the movie.

Who is Ennio Morricone?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Thor wrote
    Cristian wrote
    And why everybody is talking only about Zimmer, Horner and Desplat and forgetting the beautiful score by Ennio Morricone wink That score is in the movie.

Who is Ennio Morricone?

Some guy I heard he is from Italy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Cristian wrote

Who is Ennio Morricone?

A pasta sauce brand?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    How is it that only Zimmer's score got completely in and Horner and Desplat got 10 minutes each but we won't call them rejected? Practically, they are, for Mallick's reasons. We simply don't want to admit it.

They aren't rejected because their names are still attached to the film. It's just that some portions (actually a good majority) of their scores weren't used.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Another example is I Am Legend by JNH. Little score was used in the movie.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

They aren't rejected because there names are still attached to the film. It's just that some portions (actually a good majority) of their scores weren't used.

-Erik-

Yeah, I'd say the same. It's not that we're not saying most of their music wasn't used, it's just that usually a score rejection involves someone else rescoring it, and no credit for the original composer.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

They aren't rejected because their names are still attached to the film. It's just that some portions (actually a good majority) of their scores weren't used.

-Erik-

Technically they are, no matter how good a listening experience they make on cd's and we like to listen to those.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011
    Technically, they aren't. If they technically were then then Desplat's credit would have been wiped out. Desplat's name is still in the film and his music is used albeit sparingly.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. I think you're missing the point that no matter how much of a score is rejected, it's only a complete score rejection if the complete score is rejected & no credits remain*. wink

* So even though some Yared source music remained in TROY, it was a complete score rejection, for he was no longer given a music credit in the film. Same with his music for WINGS OF THE DOVE, even though I think one cue was used.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011
    A Better Life has been released on iTunes.
  3. Is that good?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I don't know. Hopefully someone will report in before long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hmm, it won't be me or you doing the reporting, Alan, because it looks like it's only out in the US so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2011
    Oh no, not again...

Let me see now, these are the downloads I've wanted to buy over the past time:
    - Fantastic Mr Fox Abbey Road Mix in lossless - available on Qobuz
    - Made in Dagenham, David Arnold
    - The Best of Millennium, Mark Snow (iTunes)
    - Lost Final Season iTunes bonus track
    - The Upside of Anger, Desplat

NONE of which I have been able to buy legally (or even find illegally for that matter - I only have the last two).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2011
    Samples from Deathly Hallows Part Deux!
    http://www.cinezik.org/critiques/affcri … ques_mort2

These samples suck because they aren't written by John Williams tongue

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2011
  4. I listened the samples. Dissapointed to not hear big choral moments, but there's some choir in Panic Inside Hogwarts and Battlefield. Sounds very different from Part 1, much more darker and epic.

I love that Desplat uses some themes from Part 1, like the Order of the Phoenix theme in Neville and Showdown, and the second half of the Obliviate theme in Harry's Sacrifice.

The epic rendition of Hedwig's theme in Dragon Flight is great. And Lily's theme sounds beautiful (I knew that Desplat was going to use a vocal soloist).

The action parts sounds like Desplat was channeling Doyle and Zimmer.
  5. Here you can hear one minute samples:

http://www.qobuz.com/album/harry-potter … ef=sre_1_1
  6. A New Beginning sounds like Hooper's The Kiss from OOTP. It seems like the list from JWFan was fake because it said that Leaving Hogwarts was part of the list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2011
    Liked the samples. Sounds like an extension of the first score, but more solid in parts. The action tracks seem cool (a little too much of string ostinatos though), and I too liked how he appropriately reprises themes from Part I; the slow, sad version of "Obliviate" in Harry's Sacrifice is especially cool. And Lily's theme is really beautiful.
  7. By the way, the name of the female soloist on Lily's theme and The Resurrection Stone is Mai Fujisawa.
  8. Mai Fujisawa?!

THIS Mai Fujisawa?!

Are we talking that the vocals are performed by the daughter of JOE HISAISHI?!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The clips actually don't sound too bad. It sounds more diverse than part 1, and a more thematic presence. But I remember saying the same thing about the clips from the first part, so only time will tell. I liked the slowed-down, dark version of "Hedwig's theme" in there, and hope there are more or those, perhaps even more developped. It's the last film, so it SHOULD have some sort of Williams presence to properly bookend the saga, IMO.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    yonythemoony wrote
    A New Beginning sounds like Hooper's The Kiss from OOTP. It seems like the list from JWFan was fake because it said that Leaving Hogwarts was part of the list.

You're confusing the complete cue list with the soundtrack tracklist.
  9. http://www.youtube.com/user/someoneudon … jQ-sJ_tc_4

Even more extended samples right here. Hedwig's theme it's played in A New Headmaster, The Diadem and Procession. In Underworld the Locket theme from Part 1 it's played at 1:07, which it means that Desplat uses it as a theme for the Horcruxes.
  10. Yony, your enthusiasm is not open to question. wink
  11. I finally saw The Tree of Life tonight and I absolutely loved it. Regarding the music, as much as I love Desplat and his score for this film, I felt that the pieces that Malick chose for the soundtrack were perfect as is. It's probably the best musical soundtrack I've ever heard for a film.

Now begins the laborious task of searching for and downloading every piece in the film... slant
  12. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Now begins the laborious task of searching for and downloading every piece in the film... slant

Well, the list of the source music is already here so you don't need to search.