• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008
    This movie looks like it will be a visual masterpiece- with a $120 mil budget it better be. There are production stills floating all around the web, and it's looking impressive. I'm not that into musicals, but Luhrmann made Moulin Rouge! (2001) a visual spectacle. Who's composing for Australia? One would assume Craig Armstrong? Or has no one been hired yet?

FYI:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0455824/

Australiamovie.com
  1. Yeah, I also assume that the score will be done by Armstrong due to their working relationship.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. It's Craig Armstrong. I don't believe it's started recording yet.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008
    this IS going to be spectacular for sure; unless they hire Zimmer to score it, meaning that he'll probably eat up all the budget, minus 1000 dollars max tongue

Sound libraries are expensive these days!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008 edited
    I'm actually really looking forward to Australia. I love director's who have a strong eye for visuals, and Baz really is one of the most visual director's out there. Withouth the manic energy of Moulin Rouge, this ought to be pretty special. Early pictures are wonderful. Expect lush, romantic, epic music lick
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    who?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    who?

David Hirschfelder. Composer of blockbusters or classic masterpieces like Sliding Doors, Hanging Up and Aquamarine. Oh, and Strictly Ballroom. S'that might explain it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Didn't he do Elizabeth?

What a revenge. He wasn't asked for Elizabeth: The Golden Age sequel (Armstrong ook his place) but now he punches Armstrong in the nuts!

Aaah, great! biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008 edited
    And the trailer has arrived!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/australia/hd/

Wow, this is quite a departure from what Baz did before, this seems like a proper dramatic movie! And a visually stunning one at that! I thought this was going to be some sweeping, romantic drama thingy with lots of broad landscapes? Now I really can't wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I wondered what had happened to him! Better him than Armstrong, I say.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I wouldn't say better than Armstrong but definitely looking forward to this project, looks stunning!
  3. Hirschfelder's a much much better choice than Armstrong. After GOLDEN AGE, Armstrong should steer clear of histrionic ahistorical epics with style-and-surface-oriented directors.

Film looks beautiful, and typically (for this director) hints at little below that beautiful surface. What a powerful exchange of trailer dialogue:
    Nicole: 'We can't let them win.'
    Hugh: 'We won't.
    You can't make that sort of cheese up!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    Meh! I was looking forward to hearing another Craig Armstrong score, but I guess I don't have to see this movie.
  4. By the way, what's the music playing in the official trailer? It rang a very big bell in my head, but I can't place it. (It's like Guess the Score game all over again)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008
    Wow! Looks very pretty smile

TGP,
    I think that's Doyle's Henry V (the last epic part)
  5. BhelPuri wrote

TGP,
    I think that's Doyle's Henry V (the last epic part)

I just watch the trailer again, and there's a snippet of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly too (the plane scene).
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2008
    The use of Henry V and the Good the Bad and Ugly ugly was perfect.
    I can't wait. The visuals look stunning, and it feels like a different world.
    Haha, and I love the ending with the music and whip cracking. Perfect. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Where's the trailer? (link please)
  6. That's what YouTube is for.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    justin boggan wrote
    That's what YouTube is for.

It would actually take less time to "ctrl+c" "ctrl+v" me the link than to type what you wrote tongue wink
  7. No, because I would have to open another window, type "YouTube", anter the name of the film and the word trailer, then press search, then copy the link, then come back here and paste it.

In the amount of time it took you to type your response, you could have found the link ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Finally saw it: one thing: omg
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/australia/

here you can find a good version, makes it 100% better
  8. Apparently this film has just over 2 hours of music to record in the next couple of weeks. That's a lot of music!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm looking forward to this film. Hoping for a David Lean-type epic. I'll probably be disappointed, but you never know. Luhrmann doesn't tend to do things by halves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008
    So, is this supposed to be a musical? 'Cause nobody sings in the trailers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I am also looking forward to this film. Baz Luhrmann is one of the most original directors of our time and he has never made an epic movie before so this one is going rock!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    No, not a musical.

Thank fook for that!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt