• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    Why aren't Anthony and Steven coming?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote

Because they are lame. They both ignore this topic by all means somehow. sad

Anyway, plans are as follows (26th July)

- Alan and I meet up in Bristol at Teample Meads around 2PM, and then heading for the hostel. So I suggest we gather somewhere, an easy recognizable place in Bristol perhaps?, around 3PM.

- I don't know about Jim, but I think h's going to be with us all the time as well. Only Tim (not Timmer) will probably not make it for Saturday, but will join us on Sunday.

- Alan leaves on Monday morning, I go to Bath where Tim is.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008 edited
    If the weather is nice enough and the mood takes us then we could all come to my house for a BBQ on Saturday evening, if people are interested in that. This would also allow us to listen to film music at loud volumes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    If the weather is nice enough and the mood takes us then we could all come to my house for a BBQ on Saturday evening, if people are interested in that. This would also allow us to listen to film music at loud volumes.

Sounds great! And very generous, I would be sure to bring something along if this happens.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Sounds great! And very generous, I would be sure to bring something along if this happens.

This would certainly be great! We'd have to do a bit of shopping in the afternoon so that we could all contribute something.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Bregt wrote
    Southall wrote

Because they are lame. They both ignore this topic by all means somehow. sad

Anyway, plans are as follows (26th July)

- Alan and I meet up in Bristol at Teample Meads around 2PM, and then heading for the hostel. So I suggest we gather somewhere, an easy recognizable place in Bristol perhaps?, around 3PM.

- I don't know about Jim, but I think h's going to be with us all the time as well. Only Tim (not Timmer) will probably not make it for Saturday, but will join us on Sunday.

- Alan leaves on Monday morning, I go to Bath where Tim is.

I'm due to get into Bristol at 12:45pm on the Saturday. When are you due in Bregt?

As for meeting somewhere in Bristol...wasn't a pub/bar recommended by James/Tim. There's a link somewhere on a previous page.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

This would certainly be great! We'd have to do a bit of shopping in the afternoon so that we could all contribute something.

I figured that if we were to just spend 4pm-11pm drinking, we'd all end up spending a fortune. Even with the potential taxi fare to my house (£25 probably, between us) we'll save lots by getting some booze in from Tesco instead! Of course, if people want to stay out in the city that day, that's fine.
  3. It's a great idea, James. If we all take some Tesco trolleys back to your place (saving on taxis) maybe we could do the equivalent of a supermarket sweep 'round your CD collection?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Ooops! That's what I meant Alan, not that I'd bring music along wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Who's going to bring the girls?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Antonio Fargo wink
  5. Timmer wrote
    Antonio Fargo wink

Who? Antonio Fargas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What are Tesco trolleys?

I'm in for the BBQ. I won't be drinking too much, it has a weird effect on me. Also, what should I bring? Can I smuggle some Belgian beer? With some Duvel, everyone will go mad in no time.

And you said girls!? I have a private room in Bristol. Let me seek its address again.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Antonio Fargo wink

Who? Antonio Fargas?

My bad beer
  6. Bregt wrote
    What are Tesco trolleys?

I'm in for the BBQ. I won't be drinking too much, it has a weird effect on me. Also, what should I bring? Can I smuggle some Belgian beer? With some Duvel, everyone will go mad in no time.

And you said girls!? I have a private room in Bristol. Let me seek its address again.

Tesco trolley:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7209229@N0 … 345872473/

You can get Duvel beer in Tescos. I'd suggest just get stuff here after you arrive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    What are Tesco trolleys?

biggrin

You don't have Tescos or trolleys in Dutchie land?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote

The plan was that I would be in Ireland with some uni pals, but it has turned into a holiday in the Peak District instead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ooh, Brits can use these trolleys on grass as well. Neat and handy! Here it's only allowed in the shops.

FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm due to get into Bristol at 12:45pm on the Saturday. When are you due in Bregt?

I'll let you know in a couple of days. Ordering my Eurostar ticket tomorrow.

As for meeting somewhere in Bristol...wasn't a pub/bar recommended by James/Tim. There's a link somewhere on a previous page.

I suggested that for recognizability. No need to rush immediately to a bar? But that baris of course no problem at all.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

The plan was that I would be in Ireland with some uni pals, but it has turned into a holiday in the Peak District instead.

Aaah, mighty. I looked up some info on that for a holiday with friends some time ago (unfortunately postponed to year 2043 or so). Looks stunning! In fact, a lot of areas in England look amazing, and all very different. No need to go far it seems.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ney, but I was rather looking forward to visiting somewhere I hadn't been before. Ah well, the Peak District is an amazing place to visit, and I consider my friends amazing people too. Love em' to bits! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Ney, but I was rather looking forward to visiting somewhere I hadn't been before. Ah well, the Peak District is an amazing place to visit, and I consider my friends amazing people too. Love em' to bits! cool

Where's the Peak district?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Er... are you being serious? confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Yeah! Combination of drugs and painful foot ( that's my excuse )

I've not been there but I remember now, not far from Manchester shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Yep. Beautiful place, very much the imagery you associate with a lot of Vaughan Williams' music. (And I will of course be playing some RVW on my iPod when I take the odd walk on my own in the hills. cool )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Yep. Beautiful place, very much the imagery you associate with a lot of Vaughan Williams' music. (And I will of course be playing some RVW on my iPod when I take the odd walk on my own in the hills. cool )

Sounds excellent!

I went camping in the Cotswolds many years ago with some friends, everyone else had gone to bed and I played RVW # 3, we were quite high up on a hill and when I stood up there was a dawn mist settled low all over the valley, one of the most memorable musical / visual moments I've ever had, very spiritual.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love it, it gives the music we love so much more meaning. It's not as spiritual as something like that, but I tend to listen to action scores when I'm on my bike, something like the Bourne scores, and it makes you feel almost invincible! (Which is both a bad and good thing depending on how you look at it! biggrin )

I'm traveling down to Portsmouth tomorrow by train, and I will going through Waterloo station... guess which cue I will be listening to when I go through there? cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I love it, it gives the music we love so much more meaning. It's not as spiritual as something like that, but I tend to listen to action scores when I'm on my bike, something like the Bourne scores, and it makes you feel almost invincible! (Which is both a bad and good thing depending on how you look at it! biggrin )

I'm traveling down to Portsmouth tomorrow by train, and I will going through Waterloo station... guess which cue I will be listening to when I go through there? cool

Oooh let me guess? ABBA??! wink

....or something with the initials BU by JP biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote

It would be 11.42AM when I arrive in Temple Meads. The next arrival is two hours later, at 01.35PM. What do you suggest? I think it's safe to take the first one an in ase it goes wrong, I'llbe 50 minutes later. smile
    Kazoo
  7. Bregt wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

It would be 11.42AM when I arrive in Temple Meads. The next arrival is two hours later, at 01.35PM. What do you suggest? I think it's safe to take the first one an in ase it goes wrong, I'llbe 50 minutes later. smile

Either is fine. Pick one that suits your schedule and we can sort a meeting place/time up once you have a definite (as definite as you can be with the rail network influence!) time of arrival.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    Got my tickets. I will arrive at 11.45 in Bristol.

Tomorrow I'm gonna get some ponds. Are meals and drinks expensive in England/Bristol? How much money would you guys advise. Thanks!
    Kazoo