• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008
    Looking forward to it!!!! punk

Where's Tim (not timmer)?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Looking forward to it!!!! punk

Where's Tim (not timmer)?

In Bath? wink

He hasn't been active for some time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Don't forget your picture books Timmer. wink

Btw, James, will I meet your goat? goat
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Don't forget your picture books Timmer. wink

Btw, James, will I meet your goat? goat

Crumbs Bregt, I have 1000's, literally 1000's of photos, at least half of them on slide film. I'll bring a varied selection and hopefully not enough to bore the pants off anyone wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I love looking at photos! (For ten minutes MAXIMUM.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    I arrive in Bristol on Friday so I can meet up with you guys whenever is convenient on the Saturday. My train leaves Bristol at 4:30PM on Monday.

Should we PM each other contact details of some description (mobile phone numbers perhaps)?
  1. Jim Ware wrote
    Should we PM each other contact details of some description (mobile phone numbers perhaps)?

That would seem like a good idea. Have I already given you my mobile number, Jim? I still have your number.

I think that if anyone who is planning to meet up tries to visit here last thing on Friday (would this be too late for you Jim?) for last minute details (if required) then that should ensure that everyone has the details they want. I'd suggest that Saturday would be too late as many people will already be converging on Bristol.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    I don't have your number I'm afraid!

Hopefully I'll have internet access in my hotel on Friday.
  2. Southall wrote
    Right... I propose we meet here on Saturday:

http://www.pitcherandpiano.com/location … ea=Bristol

Well, things are getting nearer: we're beginning to look to see what the weather has in store for us at the weekend, mp3 players are being charged up for the various trips & luggage is being brought down from attics/lofts.

Can I just try and confirm that a specific time and place for people to aim for on Saturday afternoon is James' original venue? Say 3.00pm? If we can get an idea of who's going to be there that afternoon then we can get there around this time and all who are expected arrive then we can take it from there?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008
    Fine by me - see you there at 3. We may not want to stay there long (I don't know - depends how the mood takes us!) but it's a handy meeting place.
  3. Southall wrote
    We may not want to stay there long...

That's fine - just so we have a definite place to meet up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    OK, good news and bad news. The good news is I decided last weekend to join you all in Bristol! cheesy

The bad news is that while I thought deciding to go or not was the hard part and ordering tickets was easy (just a couple of mouse clicks?), it turns out to be to other way around.
    sad

I need some help. Last night Maykel and I finally sat down with the creditcard to order tickets. I had been checking the sites and all information already for a couple of days so I figured out which train to get and everything, we only just needed to book.

Then we got to the part where it says how to get your ticket and from what I understand only the creditcard owner can pick up the tickets... and that's not me. Does anyone know how this all works? If you get the ticket from a machine, why does the owner have to be there? Of course I don't want to be stuck in Brussels a 166 euros lighter and not allowed to go on the train... or something!

I'll copy and paste the info here. If anyone understands how it works or has some experience that would be great.

How would you like to receive your tickets? Please see the option(s) available to you below.
    Collect tickets at station
    Ticket on departure fee: free
    Credit card owner and credit card used for payment must be present to collect tickets
    You can collect your tickets anytime before departure (allow at least 30mins), using our self service ticket machines.
    Want to learn more about ticket on departure, try our online guide

Collect your Eurostar ticket
    Collect your Eurostar ticket at the Eurostar E-Ticket (self service ticket) machines situated at the Eurostar check-in area
    Insert the credit/debit card you used to make the booking
    Enter your Eurostar booking reference
    Tickets can also be collected from the ticket desk.
    Please allow 45 minutes prior to scheduled Eurostar departure if you still need to collect your tickets.

Collect your UK National Rail ticket
    Collect the tickets from your UK National Rail departure station at the self service ticket machines
    Take with you the credit/debit card used to make the booking
    Enter your UK National Rail booking reference
    Tickets can also be collected from the ticket desk
    Eurostar tickets cannot be collected at your UK National Rail departure station.

Brussels-Zuid/Bruxelles Midi
    Collect your Eurostar ticket from the Railtours ticket desk in Brussel-Zuid/Bruxelles-Midi terminal with your Eurostar Booking reference.
    UK National Rail ticket can not be collected outside the UK.
    Please allow 45 minutes prior to scheduled Eurostar departure if you still need to collect your tickets.

All Debit and Credit Card Payments
    Tickets will NOT be issued at stations without the presence of the credit card owner and credit card used for payment.
    E-payment (virtual) cards cannot be used if you are collecting a ticket from the station.
    If the credit card owner and credit card cannot be present at ticket collection, you MUST select a different delivery method. Note: No other delivery method is available for bookings from any UK regional station to the continent.

BTW, I was already too late to book my tickets from here to Brussels. The good thing is Maykel can drop me off in Brussels and that means I can catch the earlier train, the one Bregt will take as well, instead of two hours later. That way we will travel together and arrive at the same time.

So, I hope it is all still possible but after last night I've lost hope a bit! And yes I know, I waited to long, but we really had to sit down to look at it and the earliest time to do that was last night! And it took a while for me to decide whether I could go or not. But meeting some of you again (Bregt, Alan) and some for the first time (Timmer, James, ...) was something I wouldn't want to miss!
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hi - sounds great!

The thing with the credit card (assuming it's the same as the UK) is that the tickets are dispensed from machines, and you have to insert your credit card into the machine and then it recognises it and just prints the tickets. Hope you find a solution!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Yeah me too!

The 'If the credit card owner and credit card cannot be present at ticket collection, you MUST select a different delivery method' part scares me a bit though!

We really can't figure out why it should be the owner who puts the card into the machine.
    I am hoping someone has experience with these kind of tickets or with using someone elses card... I'm just afraid that for instance the credit card owners name will appear on the ticket and I will get in trouble when I try to get on the train, because it doesn't fit my ID. I have no idea what will be checked and what not and what the ticket looks like etc.

As you can see I have no experience at all travelling by international train. Or international by myself anyway...
  4. Hi Bregje,

I'm not really sure how to help you. I think that you are correct when you say that there may be problems with having the tickets issued to the named person on the credit card and person who is presenting the tickets - especially in regard to international travel & security, etc.

But then again, I don't know how much information is printed on the ticket. The ticket may be free of identifying features (such as names) and a separate receipt may have the card details.

It may be best to contact the station or online booking site in order to answer your question(s)?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yay! Bregje beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Can someone quickly point me to the 3.00pm plans for Saturday?

A lot of pages have built up on tis thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote
    Right... I propose we meet here on Saturday:

http://www.pitcherandpiano.com/location … ea=Bristol

Well, things are getting nearer: we're beginning to look to see what the weather has in store for us at the weekend, mp3 players are being charged up for the various trips & luggage is being brought down from attics/lofts.

Can I just try and confirm that a specific time and place for people to aim for on Saturday afternoon is James' original venue? Say 3.00pm? If we can get an idea of who's going to be there that afternoon then we can get there around this time and all who are expected arrive then we can take it from there?

Tim, we're going to try and meet up here at 3.00pm on Saturday and then take it from there.

I'd see this as the main starting point. But if people can't make this time - but can later then if they mention this now then we can arrange for the group from 3.00pm to meet stragglers later on somewhere? Maybe if I (and others?) can PM either you or James with a contact phone number (or either of you do the same for us) then we could contact each other with last minute changes (late trains, being lost, etc).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks Alan.

As you know, I won't be around on Friday as I'll be attending a friends wedding but I was wondering what you'll be doing on the Friday, do you have any plans?
  5. Timmer wrote
    Thanks Alan.

As you know, I won't be around on Friday as I'll be attending a friends wedding but I was wondering what you'll be doing on the Friday, do you have any plans?

Personally, I don't arrive in Bristol until Saturday lunchtime. So the 3.00pm time suits me well.

I know that Jim Ware is arriving on Friday. I'd love to be able to get there on the Friday night but it can't be done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I can't reach the other Tim. Messaged him already but he shows no sign of lif. And we had arranged staying in Bath for two days. dizzy

That's good news Bregje! Be sure to arrive 30minutes before the train leaves (7u56 right?) because there's a complete check in and such. I'll look tonight again what is the best connection from London to Bristol.

I'll PM my phone number to Alan and co. What should I not forget as well?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    What should I not forget as well?

Your bowler hat. You won't get very far without one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    What should I not forget as well?

Your bowler hat. You won't get very far without one.

Don't forget brief case, pin striped suit and an umbrella wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote
    That's good news Bregje! Be sure to arrive 30minutes before the train leaves (7u56 right?) because there's a complete check in and such. I'll look tonight again what is the best connection from London to Bristol.

Hm, no good news yet until I solve the credit card problem!

If I come to Brussels by car then I'll also take the 7h56 train yes.

Bregt, I submitted Bruxelles Midi - Bristol Temple Meads in the Eurostar planner. That means the connection to Bristol would be included and maybe I'll have to print tickets again in London but it's that First Great Western train right?

Or did you book Bruxelles Midi - London? dizzy
    Anyway, there can't be that many different national trains right?

Still hoping 'Yay beer ' as well... but if I can't get the right information about the tickets/credit card owner/traveller thing, then I won't take the risk.
  6. Bregt wrote
    I can't reach the other Tim. Messaged him already but he shows no sign of lif. And we had arranged staying in Bath for two days. dizzy

I'll PM my phone number to Alan and co. What should I not forget as well?

and while Bregt's away, we can tare this forum apart biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I feel a coup coming while your away Bregt!? shocked wink
  7. Bregje wrote

This link doesn't solve the problem but it may help:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/travel … ls-15.html

Is there a way during the buying process to change the passenger name from the person on the credit card to another person?
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregje wrote

This link doesn't solve the problem but it may help:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/travel … ls-15.html

Is there a way during the buying process to change the passenger name from the person on the credit card to another person?

Some other train companies do state that online tickets are not transferrable.

I don't suppose that you could pay cash for the through ticket?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thanks Alan! I will read it in a minute.

I've been searching the Eurostar website as well, including the many Q & A. This is what I found:

Q: I wish to book for someone else, how will they obtain their tickets?

A: If you are booking tickets for someone else, we can post the tickets to your address so you can pass them on to the traveller.

Alternatively, you can collect the tickets on behalf of the traveller from the station at any time prior to travel on presentation of the payment card and booking reference number. You will be issued with both the outbound and return journey tickets at the same time.

Please note:
    The credit card holder must be present to collect tickets from the station so it's not possible to book tickets for someone else if the card holder is not able to be present.

Now, if this means that Maykel can check me in and then go home and I just have all my tickets for the rest of the journey, then the problem would be solved!

I think I'll make a phone call right now to ask the question myself. I want to be 100% sure it's OK.