• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Bregje, that seems to be a possible way to go. Maykel buys the tickets online and then collects them. And passes them on to you so you can travel.

But, I'd suggest that you ask when you phone about this - if there is checking of the ticket during the journey will there be a problem with the ticket being bought by someone else's credit card.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008
    My tickets are booked! Whoohoo! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008 edited
    Aaah fantastic! I'm just back from Ghent, and my seats are Wagon 17, Seat 078. Where's yours?

When do we meet then? 7:15 in Brussels South? I suggest we see each other at the entrance of the Eurostar gate? We have to go through half hour of checking in baggage and such, like an airport. Seem like a reasonable time. smile

And I just heard from Tim too! punk
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Do you know what you'll be doing here in Bristol on Friday Bregt?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote
    Aaah fantastic! I'm just back from Ghent, and my seats are Wagon 17, Seat 078. Where's yours?

When do we meet then? 7:15 in Brussels South? I suggest we see each other at the entrance of the Eurostar gate? We have to go through half hour of checking in baggage and such, like an airport. Seem like a reasonable time. smile

I just sent you a PM. wink

Isn't it funny that Brussels South is Bruxelles-Midi in French? Good god, I thought I had the wrong station. Midi sounds rather central doesn't it... hehe.

OK, shall I bring a sausage for the BBQ? tongue
    Seriously, I'm not planning on bringing much. One bag should be enough. And you can keep your luggage with you, I just read that on the website. No need to check in luggage in seperately, but it could be scanned or something. I thought I read it should be labelled though?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah, scanned, because the Brits request all that. smile

I have no idea what to bring though except that hat.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Timmer wrote

If I find myself in Bristol on friday, I'll seriously wonder what I'm doing there indeed. wink

Alan, Bregt and I will arrive on saturday afternoon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    Timmer wrote

If I find myself in Bristol on friday, I'll seriously wonder what I'm doing there indeed. wink

Alan, Bregt and I will arrive on saturday afternoon.

Ahhhhhh!!!

It's only Jim here on Friday then?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote

Aaah, no, I arrive also on Saturday morning/noon, together with Bregje.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    So, saturday afternoon: meet up, have a drink, go shopping and have a BBQ at James' place?

Sunday: sightseeing right?

Monday morning: ...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008 edited
    On monday, you can join me on the Bath tour? Tim (not timmer) would be happy to guide more people. smile

Bath is only 15minutes with the train. I thought that was also what Alan wanted to do? A little Bath visit.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Really? 15 minutes?

Hm, maybe if we get up really early then. Because I can only leave back home from Bristol Temple Meads and I have to leave there at 13.30... rather early. But that way I'm home again at 21.30 in the evening.

It could be possible as long as I'm back in time! Looks great on the pictures. We'll see!
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    I feel a coup coming while your away Bregt!? shocked wink

No worries mate, police is here wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I feel a coup coming while your away Bregt!? shocked wink

No worries mate, police is here wink

What, Erik!?? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Have safe journies, everyone! See you tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Have a great time all of you and of course we want a lot of pictures when you come back!!! smile wave
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Southall wrote
    Have safe journies, everyone! See you tomorrow.

Thanks! I'm packing my bag and recharging the camera battery right now.

Tomorrow at this hour Bregt and I will be on the train to Bristol!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I will try to bring my own weather. 27 C and a clear blue sky!

20 C is not bad either as long as it's not raining I guess. Oh well, good company is more important.
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008 edited
    I'll bring some Chinese flower tea for the BBQ evening, for in between the other drinks obviously. smile

Packing my things too at the moment.
    Good idea to recharge batteries!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The weather forecast keeps changing. At the moment it looks like it will be nice all weekend. Let's hope so!
  2. have a good trip you guys, I hope to see most of you someday wave
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Yeah, save travellings and all that. We'll keep the forum alive and kicking. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    The weather forecast keeps changing. At the moment it looks like it will be nice all weekend. Let's hope so!

Just returned from wedding festivities and the weather held out well today despite a forcast of rain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    It was a bit grey earlier but has stayed warm and dry. Keep those fingers crossed for tomorrow!

(The English talking about the weather - who'da thunk it? dizzy )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    I'll bring some Chinese flower tea for the BBQ evening, for in between the other drinks obviously. smile

Excellent. I have some zero-alcohol beer in the fridge - your name's all over it!

I also have a (hopefully) gorgeous bottle of pinot noir, but I'm afraid there's not much chance of that one surviving tonight.

Now I need to frantically alphabetise my CD collection. I wouldn't want anyone thinking badly of me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Southall wrote
    Now I need to frantically alphabetise my CD collection. I wouldn't want anyone thinking badly of me.

biggrin

See you all tomorrow.

3:00pm Pitcher & Piano, V Shed, Cannons Road, Bristol
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    I have some zero-alcohol beer in the fridge

If I were Prime Minister, I would declare non-alcoholic beer an oxymoron.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    I have some zero-alcohol beer in the fridge

If I were Prime Minister, I would declare non-alcoholic beer an oxymoron.

Steven for Prime Minister! punk wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Alan just phoned... he, Bregt and Bregje have arrived safely at their accommodation. I'm about to set off to go and meet them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    envy
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.