• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008
    I'll Be there in 30 minutes'ish smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    envy

Wish you were here D slant

The weather today is glorious.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. we are with you guys, in thoughts at least smile

Ps, I've given Bregt the order to steal stuff from Southal's awesome CD collection, I hope he brings me some Morricone's biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008
    I kept a close eye on my CD collection. I did allow Alan to take BT's "Catch and Release".

We had a nice day - it was extremely hot! Walked around Bristol a bit, saw the Clifton Suspension Bridge, had a few beers, then a barbecue in the evening. Everyone just left so we can have a few hours' rest before tomorrow's activities.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    The bus did eventually make it to the city centre. I think we were the only (vaguely) sober ones there.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Jim Ware wrote
    The bus did eventually make it to the city centre. I think we were the only (vaguely) sober ones there.

Weekend night buses rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Just a reminder: PHOTOS, PHOTOS, PHOTOS!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Surely this is the most ambitious soundtrack gathering attempted on the English continent. I wish I could have afforded to fly in to meet everyone.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. Southall wrote
    I kept a close eye on my CD collection. I did allow Alan to take BT's "Catch and Release".

We had a nice day - it was extremely hot! Walked around Bristol a bit, saw the Clifton Suspension Bridge, had a few beers, then a barbecue in the evening. Everyone just left so we can have a few hours' rest before tomorrow's activities.

damn it Bregt, you just can't rely on that dude eh biggrin
    Sounds like a lot of fun you guys, enjoy yourselves the next couple of days as well
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    The itinerary for today included more beer, a picnic in the park, even more beer, Mexican food, caipirinhas and margaritas. Once again, the weather was spectacular.
  4. Don't forget squirrel spotting!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jim Ware wrote
    ...the weather was spectacular.

YOU HEAR THAT DEMETRIS!? HE SAID SPECTACULAR!
    biggrin

(Awesome sunset in Portsmouth while we were at the beach. cool )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008
    I can't believe I missed out on Mexican food and margaritas! On the plus side, I did finish off the Red Thai Curry Kettle Chips.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I can't believe I missed out on Mexican food and margaritas! On the plus side, I did finish off the Red Thai Curry Kettle Chips.

Chili and lime was better lick

I would like to thank Alan, Bregje, Bregt, James, Jim and Tim ( not Timmer wink ) for a great weekend of great company, chat, laughs and friendship.

Salute beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Jim Ware wrote

biggrin

biggrin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Jim Ware wrote

biggrin

Well, you ARE going to call it spectacular when you see the sun once every year, aren't you? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Chili and lime was better lick

I would like to thank Alan, Bregje, Bregt, James, Jim and Tim ( not Timmer wink ) for a great weekend of great company, chat, laughs and friendship.

Me too! Was very nice to meet everyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sad I am in a state of great envy and deep melancholy for having missed out.

I do love kettle chips. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    sad I am in a state of great envy and deep melancholy for having missed out.

I do love kettle chips. smile

We missed you too.

Alan wave

Just wondering if you saw Weston-Super-Mare's historic pier burning up today on your journey back to Wales?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/7528165.stm
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Jim Ware wrote

biggrin

Well, you ARE going to call it spectacular when you see the sun once every year, aren't you? biggrin

biggrin wink

On the plus side our fields and trees are a verdant green NOT a crispy burnt out desert yellow tongue

p.s. The weather has suddenly turned and it's now thunder and rain.

EDIT : It's pissing down!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yay! Water to feed our luscious green landscapes! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's true i am afraid sad The little green we had was burned down
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008 edited
    I arrived safely back home last night at 22.45. wave

I had a really good time this weekend. I enjoyed traveling with Bregt to Bristol on Saturday and then meeting up with Alan. After checking in at the B & B we went to the waterfront and soon Jim joined us, then James, then Timmer. After a drink at Pitcher and Piano we walked around town that afternoon including the Clifton Suspension Bridge. Then we had another drink in a nice pub. By that time I could feel tiredness kick in, because I had been up since 4 am and we walked a lot, first between the trains and then in Bristol in the burning sun! We were very lucky with the weather though, exactly those two and a half days were beautiful! After that we took a taxi to James’ place, went shopping at Tesco and had a BBQ in the backyard, while listening to a Goldsmith compilation.

The following morning I still felt a little cooked (the attic room of the B & B was really warm as well) but after breakfast it only got better and we walked up to our meeting point again, the
    'Shrek' bridge, and we waited there for Jim and James and then Tim(not timmer) would be there soon as well. We had coffee at Starbucks and sat there talking for quite a while until Timmer called he would be there soon as well. We went shopping for lunch for a picknick in the park and had a drink on the way over there. So at that time we were with seven, which was really great I think! The weather was wonderful again and it was nice being outside in the shade at the pub and later in the park for lunch. After that it was getting later on in the afternoon and James had to say goodbye. We walked up to the waterfront again and Timmer had to go home too. With five of us left we had a good meal at the Mexican restaurant before Tim had to catch his train and Alan was going to bed early, so Bregt and I had to say goodbye to Alan on Sunday evening, since we would get up early to go to Bath on Monday. We had one last drink with Jim before we said goodbye to him as well and went to get some good night sleep.

We got an early train to Bath and met up with Tim again, who gave us a wonderful short tour through Bath. I really enjoyed the city and I saw quite a lot even though I had to leave at 13.40 already. So time for goodbyes again and off I went back home. I had a good journey. I really enjoyed traveling by train. It’s kind of amazing to be able to get on a train in the UK and get of the train at home 9 hours later. It was relaxing on the train and I think the nice thing about traveling by train is you experience where you are very well. Like the closer you get to home, the more the languages change you hear around you for instance. And the other way round on the way over to Bristol as well of course. It was kind of funny though that there was still a British couple chatting in my coach when I got of the train at the station close to my home. As if I could still live my UK experience a little longer, until I got home.

I also would like to thank everyone for the nice time I had. It was very special to meet up with you all and together with seven was just great! Thanks James for having the BBQ at your place, James and Timmer for the tour in Bristol, Tim for the tour in Bath, Alan for booking the rooms and ordering drinks and thanks everyone for the drinks I had, haha, thinking back I realized no round was on me, but I’d like to think it’s a nice prospect to do so on the next occasion.

I have pictures but since Bregt will post his pictures on MainTitles when he’s back I think maybe we better gather them all first and put them up altogether. Maybe I’ll put some up on Facebook already if you are OK with that, because of course everyone else is in the pictures and not me, since I took them! Most of my pictures are of the train travel and of Bath anyway I guess... I noticed I didn’t take a single one of the BBQ, but Bregt did.

Thanks all for being there! beer
  5. Glad to see that you made it back safe and well, Bregje. wave

Just a quick thanks to everyone for the weekend and I'll post a bit more when I'm back from work later.

NP: Doctor Who Proms concert - Murray Gold
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    I just uploaded some photos on Facebook.
    I know there's a way to link to the photos so that people who are not on Facebook can see them, but I haven't figured out how yet... but I guess the pictures will be on MainTitles soon as well.
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    I saw them, they rule!

To link photos, right click on them and select copy "image location" or "copy shortcut", according to the browser you use.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008
    I think I took more sightseeing photos while Bregt tried to capture us in the pictures all the time, either openly or secretly, so the best has yet to come.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm back!

Wow, this was a great weekend. Thanks all guys, it was fantastic to meet you all, and some people again. Bregje told quit a lot already about our itinerary. I will add pictures asap.

Thanks a million to Tim (not timmer) for being a host at Bath and extending my trip with two very fine days of lots of fun, visits (Bath, Roman Bath, Stonehenge, ...) and a spicy pizza.

More later. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008 edited
    Bregje wrote
    I think I took more sightseeing photos while Bregt tried to capture us in the pictures all the time, either openly or secretly, so the best has yet to come.
    wink

That was necessary, or no pictures would've been made at the crucial moments, like the quick disappearance of Alan's beer or Timmer's fine butt.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Doctor Who Proms concert - Murray Gold

Alan, what did we miss by not going?
    Kazoo