• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Doctor Who Proms concert - Murray Gold

Alan, what did we miss by not going?

Just a shot in the dark here, but probably the Doctor Who concert.

biggrin shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    I'm back!

Glad to hear you got back safely. Thanks for coming! Hope to see you and Bregje (OK, and Timmer, Jim, Tim (not Timmer) and even FalkirkBairn) again soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bregje wrote
    I arrived safely back home last night at 22.45. wave

Did you got my SMS message Bregje?

Good to hear it all went well the way back. It's more comforting on the road, though I again took the wrong metro to Pancras. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    I'm back!

Glad to hear you got back safely. Thanks for coming! Hope to see you and Bregje (OK, and Timmer, Jim, Tim (not Timmer) and even FalkirkBairn) again soon.

Yup!

Perhaps at Ghent, or a concert in London next year? Or at one of Zimmer's stops during his concert tour. wink
    Kazoo
  1. Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    I'm back!

Cheers, James!! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    PICTURES
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 … =699097810

Also available for non-Facebook owners!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oops, I forgot the BBQ pictures. They're up now as well.
    Kazoo
  2. Good photos, Bregt!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    I took a look at your pics from the meeting in Bristol and they are pretty nice. Bregt already told me you had a great time there together and I´m honestly very glad to hear that.
    It´s just a bit sad that I´m very far from you guys....
    Hope you have other meetings and enjoy the same or even more...
    Robinson
  3. Good photos!

Not that I should comment on anyone's fashion sense, but I must say I never imagined that the author of a certain movie review website was a pink shirt man. cool
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Bregje wrote
    I think I took more sightseeing photos while Bregt tried to capture us in the pictures all the time, either openly or secretly, so the best has yet to come.
    wink

That was necessary, or no pictures would've been made at the crucial moments, like the quick disappearance of Alan's beer or Timmer's fine butt.

Y'what!? shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I'm back!

Wow, this was a great weekend. Thanks all guys, it was fantastic to meet you all, and some people again. Bregje told quit a lot already about our itinerary. I will add pictures asap.

Thanks a million to Tim (not timmer) for being a host at Bath and extending my trip with two very fine days of lots of fun, visits (Bath, Roman Bath, Stonehenge, ...) and a spicy pizza.

More later. wink

Stonehenge live up to expectations Bregt? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Robinson wrote
    I took a look at your pics from the meeting in Bristol and they are pretty nice. Bregt already told me you had a great time there together and I´m honestly very glad to hear that.
    It´s just a bit sad that I´m very far from you guys....
    Hope you have other meetings and enjoy the same or even more...

You are 'so out there' Robinson, love to see you but without lots of cash.....how? slant sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008 edited
    Bregt wrote
    PICTURES

My fave pic is Alan with a GIANT beer.....how the hell did you get that one down eh!? shocked A true Scotsman for ya! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Good to see you're back Bregt!

Bregt wrote
    Did you got my SMS message Bregje?

No, I didn't... ?
    That's weird, cause messaging went fine all three days, home and back and in the UK as well...
    Was it important?

Good to hear it all went well the way back. It's more comforting on the road, though I again took the wrong metro to Pancras. biggrin

No!! biggrin

Let me tell you, I got off the train and there was a sign Hammersmith & City Line right away, so I followed that and walked almost straight onto the right platform. I was then confused because I thought I hadn't passed a ticket machine so I walked back to where the lady from the station was and she told me my metro ticket was included in the train ticket I had... so I didn't need that ticket we bought on the way there after all!

I arrived in Paddinton at 15.15 and when I got to St Pancras it was 15.40... amazing he? Much better than on the way there!
    wink

The good thing about getting the wrong train was that we got to see a bit of the Baker street station which was nice! I realized that when I saw my picture of it. On the way back I only saw it from the window a little bit and the train was too crowded to be able to look outside anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    Good photos!

Not that I should comment on anyone's fashion sense, but I must say I never imagined that the author of a certain movie review website was a pink shirt man. cool

Pink is the new blue!
  4. That's like saying Zimmer is the new Williams, just because he's everywhere.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I forgot to add the pictures from the drink at the Lodge (where Treasure Island was written) and the picnic on Sunday.

Start at the end:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page= … =699097810
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    OK, here is the public link to my photo album of last weekend!

Bristol & Bath July 2008">Bristol & Bath July 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bregje wrote
    OK, here is the public link to my photo album of last weekend!

punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    PICTURES

It took a Belgian to travel all the way from Belgiumland, but we finally have a decent picture of Timmer! shocked biggrin

Note to Demetris: Check out the British Summer... and the colour green. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    And here are pictures of my stay in Bath with Tim and the trip to Stonehenge
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    here are pictures of my stay in Bath

Is it bad of me that this made me giggle?
    shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Some things I'll remember

- I noticed short shorts (the hotpants) are very popular in the UK, which in combination with a bath, could've been the best thing ever. Unfortunately no girl did get wet in such bath. biggrin
    - The British lunches are indeed weird. Crisps, crisps, and more crisps during lunch???? That's just wrong.
    - The weather on Monday and Tuesday was indeed not predictable. It rains, 23 seconds later it's so hot again that you wonder why you put on a rain coat. Swimming gear would've been better.
    - Too many seagulls!
    - What's up with all preprepared lunches, fruit salads, .... like everything is put in plastic boxes. Quite a lot more than here.
    - English accents are cool. Thanks Jim for saying "Oh, shut up". I alwayss wanted to hear that from a very typical, classy London accent.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What did you do to make him tell you to shut up, though?

(Oi, Jim! Don't mess wiv da guv 'round 'ere, right? Or we'll come 'round 'n' explain things to ya, right? And there'll be claret, right?)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I just asked him to say that. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote
    - English accents are cool. Thanks Jim for saying "Oh, shut up". I alwayss wanted to hear that from a very typical, classy London accent.

biggrin

You know Bregt, when I was on the Eurostar back home the train manager was English (while on the way there it was someone Flemish or French) and they explain everything in three languages and to hear that guy speak Dutch was just awesome! Dutch with a huge English accent...

So I recorded a video with my camera, just to have an audio file of that and that's when I thought 'Ohh... why didn't I record some movie clips at the meeting??' Would have been cool to have the different accents recorded! I simply forgot I could make videos with my photo camera...

Glad to hear you went inside the Roman Bath house. I'd like to see it myself, but that monday morning was too short to do it I thought. I'd love to go back one day anyway, the spa looks awesome as well and I love going to a spa.
    lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote

Yeah, Bregt made a voice recording. You can hear it when you click a locked topic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bregje wrote
    Bregt wrote

Yeah, Bregt made a voice recording. You can hear it when you click a locked topic.

Or where Alan added the last post.

biggrin biggrin biggrin
    Kazoo