• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008
    Coming late to this, but thanks a lot for sharing the pictures earlier! Those are the "forum" moments I wait for, and one of the reasons why I continue to be around these places - through controversies and namecalling and what else (not here, but at FSM) - namely GETTING TO KNOW the faces behind the anonymous internet handles.

I wish I can be part of such an event some day.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I will come to Oslo and Risor as soon as I can. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The next maintitles meeting is going to be HUGE!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    The next maintitles meeting is going to be HUGE!

...In the 'birdnest' stadium in Beijing? EXCELLENT! cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. These pictures are great, really wish I could have been there (Particularly infuriating are the pictures at the Clifton Suspension bridge since I live beside it!). Hope I can be at the next one. If any of the Bristol based folk ever fancy meeting up some evening or weekend in the next few months then let me know. A meeting in Oslo would be fantastic but expensive. How does anyone afford to live there Thor? I stopped off there on the way to and from Svalbard in June and I couldn't believe how much everything cost, £6 sterling for a pint of beer, Ouch!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    John Chambers wrote
    These pictures are great, really wish I could have been there (Particularly infuriating are the pictures at the Clifton Suspension bridge since I live beside it!). Hope I can be at the next one. If any of the Bristol based folk ever fancy meeting up some evening or weekend in the next few months then let me know. A meeting in Oslo would be fantastic but expensive. How does anyone afford to live there Thor? I stopped off there on the way to and from Svalbard in June and I couldn't believe how much everything cost, £6 sterling for a pint of beer, Ouch!

I sympathize. For most working Norwegians, it is also expensive, even considering our somewhat higher salaries. If you DON'T have a job, however....you REALLY have to pick your parties. Most people here have big home parties (vorspiels) with store-bought alcohol and then head for town late, late in the night. It would be too expensive to start the drinking IN the town somewhere.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    big home parties (vorspiels)

biggrin
    Excellent name!

But yeah, I move we get Thor down to mainland Europe rather than visiting HIM if we're to do another party. Simple economics...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote
    big home parties (vorspiels)

biggrin
    Excellent name!

But yeah, I move we get Thor down to mainland Europe rather than visiting HIM if we're to do another party. Simple economics...

For a Vorspiels <-(i like it) cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    John Chambers wrote
    These pictures are great, really wish I could have been there (Particularly infuriating are the pictures at the Clifton Suspension bridge since I live beside it!). Hope I can be at the next one. If any of the Bristol based folk ever fancy meeting up some evening or weekend in the next few months then let me know. A meeting in Oslo would be fantastic but expensive. How does anyone afford to live there Thor? I stopped off there on the way to and from Svalbard in June and I couldn't believe how much everything cost, £6 sterling for a pint of beer, Ouch!

I would be up for an afternoon/evening of chewing the fat John, perhaps get James along too? smile
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Damn.. wish I could've been there. I just hope the next time, I'll have the time (and the finances) to go - would be so cool to meet you guys.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008 edited
    Mogens wrote
    Damn.. wish I could've been there. I just hope the next time, I'll have the time (and the finances) to go - would be so cool to meet you guys.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd love to meet you too Mogens cool

p.s.I don't see you at True/False thread anymore?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    John Chambers wrote

I sympathize. For most working Norwegians, it is also expensive, even considering our somewhat higher salaries. If you DON'T have a job, however....you REALLY have to pick your parties. Most people here have big home parties (vorspiels) with store-bought alcohol and then head for town late, late in the night. It would be too expensive to start the drinking IN the town somewhere.

Oi! True/False...NOW! rolleyes wink
  2. Timmer wrote

I would be up for an afternoon/evening of chewing the fat John, perhaps get James along too? smile

Sounds good, interested James?
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Mogens wrote

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd love to meet you too Mogens cool

p.s.I don't see you at True/False thread anymore?

I've generally had to cut down a bit on my internet-engagements because I'm too bloody busy with my Ph.D. Once I get that sucker nailed, I'll be back with a vengeance all over the board wink

But seriously - even though I often find, I'm too busy to participate in the discussions in earnest, I visit the board every day just to make sure everything's still well and good.

Edit to include: But you're right, of course: the True/False thread is obviously one of the threads I ought to be able to join in on, since it's not that complicated or time consuming to say "true" or "false" (at least not for me, since most of the time I can only offer an educated guess), so I'll try and pop in from time to time. smile
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good one Mogens cool

I can only imagine that a Ph.D. is brain busting enough without having to join in on the merits of film music....fun though it is.
  3. Anyone live in or around High Wycombe?

I'm going to be there for a couple of days 12-14th October is anyone wants to meet up one evening?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Shall we repeat the event, this year?

Any concerts coming up somewhere in Europe and the UK?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anyone live in or around High Wycombe?

I'm going to be there for a couple of days 12-14th October is anyone wants to meet up one evening?

Apart from basking in your wonderful company Alan, what is there in High Wycombe?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anyone live in or around High Wycombe?

Apart from basking in your wonderful company Alan, what is there in High Wycombe?

Well, NOT Alan for starters, who was there 12-14th of October 2008.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Listen, Stavroula and I are waiting for you at HOT Greece! How does that sound to you, eh? kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    <packing>
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Does it include free ouzo?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Good boys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Does it include free ouzo?
    Christodoulides wrote
    Listen, Stavroula and I are waiting for you at HOT Greece!

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Words fail me. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Is Stavroula equal to free ouzo?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    Listen, Bregt.

Stavroula, here.

all the free ouzo of the world, right about here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Is Stavroula equal to free ouzo?

Good GOD, man!
    You have your priorities disturbingly screwed up!

What did they DO to you in Asia? freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh, I see: I should bring my own ouzo!

Ok!

Lets create a topic.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I will buy you ouzo if it's that important to you!