• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008
    Perhaps we could go to a theme park? Thorpe Park for the win!
  1. To me it seems a bit silly to go to a theme park, as we could be doing something related to the pastime that brngs us all together, hence a concet. Also what if some of the group don't like theme parks. Finally I think the nearest theme park to bristol is Drayton manor (but I may be wrong, ask timmer, hes been around the area longer).

We need to agree whther a weeked or weekday is more appropriate, and for how long the meeting should take, amongst other stuff!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Drayton Manor RULES!!!!!!

But ok, a restaurant/bar will probably be the best thing. smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A theme park is a bit a stretch too far. biggrin

When we were in The Hague, in August last year, I really loved the location. Very relaxed, a cosy table, full of bottles and glasses of port and sorts, ... The music was a little less interesting, but when we have a venue, all that can be changed ofcourse.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Southall wrote
    It's a shame this discussion was allowed to veer off-course (it required stronger action from the moderators I feel) - we need to get this organised.

They did take strong action, they banned the pair of us smile

Don't blame me, I'm just the administrator.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregt wrote

What we need:
    Dates that are okay for everyone

You'll be taking care of my date? Cool cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Lets not get off topic again Bob, will you? tongue biggrin
    Kazoo
  2. BobdH wrote
    Bregt wrote

What we need:

I think the local sainsburys stock some organic dates, which should suffice unless anyone has any further preferences!

(although in preparing this comment I found it is actually quite hard to find dates!)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Links that are not to lolcats are instant fail!

Seriously, when I see a link now, I assume a lolcat. sad

Curse you Martijn!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Bregt wrote

What we need:

I think the local sainsburys stock some organic dates, which should suffice unless anyone has any further preferences!

(although in preparing this comment I found it is actually quite hard to find dates!)

I'll resist the obvious Raiders Of The Lost Ark reference here...

...to hell with it: bad dates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Can I never say something that makes sense too all people without distracting them by saying something pooky?
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    Can I never say something that makes sense too all people without distracting them by saying something pooky?

A poo-Key!!..... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008 edited
    Martijn!

Help me please! cry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Southall wrote
    It's a shame this discussion was allowed to veer off-course (it required stronger action from the moderators I feel) - we need to get this organised.

They did take strong action, they banned the pair of us smile

Don't blame me, I'm just the administrator.

That's it.
    You're banned, mister!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    dates,

That is weird man. The pic!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Bregt wrote
    What we need:
    the attending list
    a venue or restaurant/café

I'd prefer to have the bulk of the get together over a weekend - maybe meet up on a Saturday and maybe travel back on a Monday morning (or the Friday-Sunday equivalent). That would give people the option of being at as much (or as little) as they can.

I thought that the meeting in The Hague would be a good model to follow - certainly for the bulk of the time. Find a pub that's not too busy but is a very welcoming hostelry. Somewhere that we can stay for several hours just chatting, that serves a nice selection of beers with some good food. Talking-drinking-eating. What more would you want?

And maybe around this "main event" some diversions? Clifton Suspension Bridge was mentioned. Maybe a BBQ. As long as it involves good company and chatting about everything under the sun.

Personally, I think that would make for a great weekend?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008
    Agreed. I'm free most weekends in June/July/August.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    What we need:
    the attending list
    a venue or restaurant/café

I'd prefer to have the bulk of the get together over a weekend - maybe meet up on a Saturday and maybe travel back on a Monday morning (or the Friday-Sunday equivalent). That would give people the option of being at as much (or as little) as they can.

I thought that the meeting in The Hague would be a good model to follow - certainly for the bulk of the time. Find a pub that's not too busy but is a very welcoming hostelry. Somewhere that we can stay for several hours just chatting, that serves a nice selection of beers with some good food. Talking-drinking-eating. What more would you want?

And maybe around this "main event" some diversions? Clifton Suspension Bridge was mentioned. Maybe a BBQ. As long as it involves good company and chatting about everything under the sun.

Personally, I think that would make for a great weekend?

Couldn't agree more!

Finding the right pub will not be a problem.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Southall wrote
    Agreed. I'm free most weekends in June/July/August.

I'd suggest sticking with July for the moment. August is mostly out for me - 3 weekends will be taken up with the Isle of Skye.

Weekends for July:

Fri. 4th - Mon. 7th
    Fri. 11th - Mon. 14th
    Fri. 18th - Mon. 21st
    Fri. 25th - Mon. 28th
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. So far I'm free for all those weekends in July - though I do have a 2-3 day training course in Teddington (2 hours drive along the M4 from Bristol?) from around the 1st July.

This could worth both for and against that first weekend in July for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't even plan that far ahead, so of course I'm free!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    All good for me too.
    Kazoo
  7. just let me know when you plan something for real, I need to know for my work + that we can order and sit together for tickets for the concert
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2008
    I wish you guys would be actually gathering a bit closer from where I am because I'd love to attend. Maybe that could be possible if you'd gather while attending a concert somewhere in the States.
    Robinson
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Robinson wrote
    I wish you guys would be actually gathering a bit closer from where I am because I'd love to attend. Maybe that could be possible if you'd gather while attending a concert somewhere in the States.

I think if everybody could afford it we'd all willingly concragate in Dominican Republic punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Timmer wrote
    Robinson wrote

I think if everybody could afford it we'd all willingly concragate in Dominican Republic punk cool

Well Bermuda's pretty central!! Return flights from £430!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    Timmer wrote
    Robinson wrote

Yes!!!!!!!!! punk punk punk .....Opppps, I just realized I was daydreaming..... shame shame
    Robinson
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2008 edited
    @Robinson, an event in the USA would be cool but then there needs to be a lot more to do. It's not a trip we can just make like this one to London, which is fairly easy and quick by train. But perhaps in a few years we can organise and plan something like that on advance...

@Tommy, just let us know your available weekends otherwise we can't plan. wink

So, all weekends are good for some people so far.
    What about Martijn, Tim, Timmer and Steven?

And what about the Doctor Who concert, perhaps to end the weekend with? That's okay to me, but perhaps some don't really want to attend. Perhaps it will take us too much time away as well, in the probably 2 days we have?

I for one, want to make it a trip of several days. Tim (not Timmer) likes to give me a tour and booze introduction in Bath (if that offer is still standing Tim wink ), so I can hang out there another day or so. Perhaps I'll end in London and try to find someone who wants to stay there a little longer. Even if that does not happen, the planned weekend should be a great thing! So, besides Bath and Bristol, any cool locations around there I should see?
    Kazoo
  9. Well stonehenge is a 45 minute drive away from bath, with buses travelling somewaht regularly, and thats something that should not be missed! Also quite close to bath and bristol is cheddar gorge, where the english cheese is mined from smile.

As for the weekend for me, I will always have to play cricket on saturday afternoon as I am the captain sad (unless it rains, in which case I am free, but we don't want it to rain do we!) but morning and sunday are fine, and all suggested dates are also clear with me.