• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Guys, I'm going to introduce you to a simple truth.
    In the fields of IT, tabletop wargaming, airplane spotting, philately, whiskey tasting and ANY type of collecting or beyond-average interest, the percentage of men outweighs the percentage of women by a factor of 3720.

Don't forget the BBQ. I've just spent some days with men who, when the weather is getting a little bit nice, suddenly get the unstoppable natural urge to start fires and roast meat. Tons of meat.
    dizzy

I guess I'm more a salad girl then. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bregje! How was your trip? cheesy

But yes, you're right, we shouldn't forget Southalls BBQ.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Would the London stay be longer then just Sunday, or do we head back to Bristol on Sunday evening.

Anyway, I defenitely join for the proposed weekend and prbably will extend with a few days in Bath (right Tim and Timmer?).

cool Everything is walking distance in Bath biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Would the London stay be longer then just Sunday, or do we head back to Bristol on Sunday evening.

Anyway, I defenitely join for the proposed weekend and prbably will extend with a few days in Bath (right Tim and Timmer?).

cool Everything is walking distance in Bath biggrin

Surely you mean swimming distance?

...oh god, I'm sorry. I'll go away and think about what I've just done. Again, sorry. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2008 edited
    How will we book hostels?
    Together, or do people prefer alone?
    I wouln't mind a room of 4 or so for example, cheaper and it always ends up in some odd discussions before falling asleep. biggrin

Friday = arriving at Bristol
    Who will arrive at Bristol on Friday already?
    I could eventually just postpone it and leave Saterday morning in Belgium, but then I'll probably arrive just 5 hours later in Bristol. Anyone wants to join on Friday already?

Saturday = Bristol
    Venue?

Sunday = London/Bristol
    morning = London
    afternoon = London?
    evening = Bristol or a night @ London?

Monday = I'd like to visit Bath a day or two
    Tuesday = Bath

Wednesday = A stop in London and leave by eve to Belgium..

As for train tickets and transportation, I'm trying to find out what reductions and all I can acquire. But there's some infinite amount of possibilities. dizzy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2008
    I will endeavour -if I can get the time off, but there are some very recent developments in the project that puts the whole plan askew for me slant - to enter the UK on Friday and leave again on Sunday.

While communal rooms are indeed much more social, I have been reliably informed by some room and bed partners (by being kicked, hit, strangled and nearly drowned in my sleep) that apparently I snore. sad I will therefore, in the interest of international good-will and global peace, respectfully decline and retire to the coal shed or the attic at night.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Maybe what we should do is find a college that does a week's intensive course of how to score movies. That would be such a laugh! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Or we could just get a couple of bottles in and re-arrange James' entire CD collection.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Now that's an idea.

We should have a goat too, for extra festivity milk.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Whatever works for me. But I say we need more than a couple of bottles. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    While communal rooms are indeed much more social, I have been reliably informed by some room and bed partners (by being kicked, hit, strangled and nearly drowned in my sleep) that apparently I snore. sad I will therefore, in the interest of international good-will and global peace, respectfully decline and retire to the coal shed or the attic at night.

I have no problem with that, but olright.

Anthony, how will you arrange your weekend.
    More input to plan this all would be welcome. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    We should have a goat too, for extra festivity milk.

Or maybe not...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm not a huge fan of going to Bristol and then coming back to London. Why can't we just stay in one place? Train fares are stupidly high over here. slant

I still say London would still be the best place to meet. It's a logical meeting point, there's loads to do and see there, yesit is a bit more expensive, but in the end it's going to be cheaper than trekking it all the way to Bristol! wink
  1. I just want to know how long do we stay there and where?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hmm. Bristol isn't that far I thought?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    I just want to know how long do we stay there and where?

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … 8/#Item_26
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    so have you settled on a final day yet?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bristol is a trek away from London. Probably a good couple of hours on the train! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's true...we from the Lowlands tend to underestimate distances: within three hours we are out of the country...you guys are just reaching the outskirts of London by then!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    90 minutes said James some weeks ago. That's not very long.

Anyway, the concert isn't necessary.

Christodoulides wrote

The weekend of the 25th-28th July.
    Kazoo
  2. Bregt wrote
    90 minutes said James some weeks ago. That's not very long.

Anyway, the concert isn't necessary.

Christodoulides wrote

The weekend of the 25th-28th July.

the concert isn't nessecary, that's the whole bloody point biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But...but...but... I want my concert.
    Martijn hears a Dr. Who!
  3. Martijn wrote
    But...but...but... I want my concert.
    Martijn hears a Dr. Who!

hihi, me too wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Or we could just get a couple of bottles in and re-arrange James' entire CD collection.

shocked

I know someone who did that to a friends collection and swapped loads of CD's by putting them in wrong cases for "a laugh". Didn't go down well!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

shocked

I know someone who did that to a friends collection and swapped loads of CD's by putting them in wrong cases for "a laugh". Didn't go down well!

Let's see.

Order in which the'joke' went absolutely, horribly bad, starting from the most f*cked up reaction on behalf the CDs' owner and according to the genre of the CDs:

1) film music
    2) heavy metal
    3) rock
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You would never work out what order my CD collection is in, anyway. It's rather eclectic, to say the least.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I say re-arrange by colour for an aesthetically pleasing effect.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LOL, have all the reds and whites of Mr. Sarabande at the top. biggrin

Seriously, I get upset when a Powell score is released by someone else. It breaks the colour pattern! Gaah! tongue biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    You would never work out what order my CD collection is in, anyway. It's rather eclectic, to say the least.

No no no no no NO...swap loads of CDs into wrong cases, it'll take you Months to sort out. devil
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Many years ago I lost my copy of Road to Perdition. I had the CD case... but no CD. Eventually (maybe three years later) I couldn't stand not having it, so I bought another copy. About three days later I played (for perhaps the second time in my life) Josh and SAM... and guess what CD was sitting there in that box...