• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2008 edited
    Recently composer Rupert Gresgon-Williams recorded his score to the new comedy You Don't Mess With the Zohan, starring Adam Sandler. The film was written by Judd Apatow, Adam Sandler and Robert Smigel, and ScoringSessions.com was there to bring you exclusive photos from the live orchestral sessions at Sony!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/134/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2008
    How did we not already have a thread on this guy? I love Over The Hedge and Battlefield 2!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008
    Anthony wrote
    How did we not already have a thread on this guy?

'Cause he usually scores stuff as the above. Adam Sandler monstrosities.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Christodoulides wrote
    'Cause he usually scores stuff as the above. Adam Sandler monstrosities.

Actually this one looks really funny - it was written by Judd Apatow (THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN; KNOCKED UP), Sandler and Robert Smigel (TRIUMPH THE INSULT COMIC DOG; "TV Funhouse" on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE) so I think it should be a blast. And the score is good stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hope so Dan. The score is probably good, yeah. RGW should get more work, he's proved capable of lots.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I like the Over the Hedge score a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008
    Rupert Gregson-Williams: The Lonely Maiden

Rupert Gregson-Williams has been hired to write his second score for director Peter Hewitt, for whom he scored Thunderpants in 2002. Their new film is entitled The Lonely Maiden and it's a crime comedy.

More at:
    http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … aiden.html
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008
    Rupert Gregson-Williams recently recorded the score to the new Walt Disney Studios family comedy, Bedtime Stories. Directed by Adam Shankman and starring Adam Sandler, the score was recorded at the Newman Scoring Stage at Fox, and ScoringSessions.com was there to bring you the exclusive photos from the large orchestral session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
  1. dgoldwas wrote
    Rupert Gregson-Williams recently recorded the score to the new Walt Disney Studios family comedy, Bedtime Stories. Directed by Adam Shankman and starring Adam Sandler, the score was recorded at the Newman Scoring Stage at Fox, and ScoringSessions.com was there to bring you the exclusive photos from the large orchestral session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!

this could be fun, his score for Bee Movie is known now but Click was rather good as well smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    Rupert Gregson-Williams: Grown Ups

Rupert Gregson-Williams continues his working relationship with director Dennis Dugan. Their third film together, after I Now Pronounce Your Chuck and Larry and You Don't Mess With the Zohan, is Grown Ups, which is also a comedy.

for more info visit the original source, at:
    http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … n-ups.html
  2. I can't stop listening to what is perhaps one of Rupert's most amazing score cues, 2 minutes of absolute amazing beautiful filmmusic

Jack and the Beanstalk
  3. Wow, that´s really a great clip.

Looks like a nice movie, too, for a nice and cozy Saturday evening with the whole family around...
  4. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Wow, that´s really a great clip.

Looks like a nice movie, too, for a nice and cozy Saturday evening with the whole family around...

it's the typical hallmark movie, good enough special effects and lovely characters

but the score shocked , that moment alone made me purchase the DVD back then. I'm praying some day that score receives a release shame
  5. Makes two of us now, I guess.
  6. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Makes two of us now, I guess.

at least I'm glad I'm not alone now smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009
    Wow, that sounded great. Shame that it's not available anywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009
  7. The end credits credit a composer for the the score, named Milan Kymlicka; maybe he did it?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009
    Rupert's score to a new TV series titled The Prisoner is going to be released on November 23 by Varese, available for pre-order here.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Anyone else feel that he is underrated/not used enough?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Absolutely, and he's capable of much more interesting output than Harry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He hasn't quite prooved that yet, imo. He's very promising for sure, but still he hasn't showcased anything THAT great yet, has he?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009
    THE PRISONER

CD COVER / INFO

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … eries.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Why do "hypnotic" and "evocative" make me think of "boring"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin Pretty good point mate. Add RUPERT to that and it's pretty possible.
  8. I loved his score to Bee Movie, very much on the high standard of RC animation scoring with Antz, Chicken Run, and Wallace & Gromit.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  9. Christodoulides wrote
    biggrin Pretty good point mate. Add RUPERT to that and it's pretty possible.

Rupert for me is better than his brother for the moment, the problem is this score doesn't seem to give us a possible entertaining score (more an effective one)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    That's a bit far-stretched mate; at least HGW has created a very identifiable and HGW-specific sound; plus he's given us a couple of great modern epic scores, like KINGDOM OF HEAVEN and PRINCE OF PERSIA. He's brother kinda moves in his shadow...he's shown some good elements here and there, but he doesn't really have an identity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    That's a bit far-stretched mate; at least HGW has created a very identifiable and HGW-specific sound; plus he's given us a couple of great modern epic scores, like KINGDOM OF HEAVEN and PRINCE OF PERSIA. He's brother kinda moves in his shadow...he's shown some good elements here and there, but he doesn't really have an identity.

QFT!

Rupert, right now, is pretty much a non entity to me. Sure, he can write for orchestra and do anything that his bro does. But he hasn't provided anything that would prove to me that he's better than his bro.
  10. Though Rupert's popular score to Bee Movie has some HZ ghostwriting to it.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website