• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008
    Mimosas? Is that a fruit? shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008 edited
    The only mimosa I know is a plant with pretty, pink flowers.I heard of a cocktail named mimosa (I haven't tried it). Is that what you mean Martijn dear?

By the way,Demetris hon where are you?In Cyprus or closer by?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh that's what mimosa is here in Greece, Stavi? I remember it had something to do with plants, or flowers, or ...... fruits?! But i wasn't sure shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Yes love,that's a mimosa in the picture smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mimosa_pudica_2.jpg

But I think Martijn meant the cocktail.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But a cocktail to surpass a hangover? I can see why coffee but......
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    But I think Martijn meant the cocktail.

Whatever made you guess?
    wink

Christodoulides wrote
    But a cocktail to surpass a hangover? I can see why coffee but......

It's a champagne/sparkling wine cocktail.
    It's a phenomenal pick-me-up! You go from grouchy to ecstatic within minutes.
    The coffee is only meant for faster conduction into the bloodstream.
    Trust me.
    I'm an expert.
    biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008
    I know you are! You fix those cocktails at home?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    As cliched as it sounds Thor, the best way to avoid hangovers is to not stop drinking. beer
  1. angry
    Never.
    Say.
    That.
    Again.

Heretic!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    What?
    You don't party on Sundays as WELL?

Amateur! biggrin

Actually, this weekend, I did just that. Big party with new colleagues on Friday (home at 6am), big party with a bunch of football supporters at a cottage near the Swedish border on Saturday (didn't go to bed at all that night) and continued drinking (or "repairing", as we say) on Sunday before the actual match in the afternoon. Suffice to say, I'm hung over all week....at least untill Friday comes around again! smile

And I've tried coffee "the day after". It just makes things worse, especially for an already upset stomach. Something with carbonic acid is better (but without too much sugar!), and potatoe chips are PERFECT (must have something SALTY!).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What is your job mate? party man? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    What is your job mate? party man? wink

It would seem that way, wouldn't it? beer But as the famous Danny Glover quote goes, "I'm getting too old for this shit!". My body can't take it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Wow, you guys lead so normal and "adult" lives (and yeah, I'm saying that even though I'm probably older than many of you at age 30).

Me, I spend most of my Sundays tending to hangovers. Which means "sofa day". If it's sunny, I might force myself to a brief walk, but I'm usually exhausted after five minutes. I can't remember the last time I actually worked out on a Sunday. I might catch a movie in the evening with friends on occasion, though.

Lightweight! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008
    Met up with a couple of friends I hadn't seen for a long time last night, I had gone to the pub with the intention of taking it easy rolleyes

To cut a story short, I went back to the friends house and we drank it dry and I rolled into bed at 7.30 this morning.

I don't feel that great. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    When I drank too much, I drink half of a plastic bottle of water before I go to bed. I'm as active the following morning as always. And I can be quite active. A morning person I am.

Ofcourse, my drinking probably isn't like the gallons and barrels as most of the guys here.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote

Ofcourse, my drinking probably isn't like the gallons and barrels as most of the guys here.

Not like us men! biggrin

I can drink a lot more than I used to now that I've been to uni for a few months. That's not a good thing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm spending my Sunday declogging the toilet.
    Shitload of fun.
    Well.
    Shitload anyway.
    angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I'm spending my Sunday declogging the toilet.
    Shitload of fun.
    Well.
    Shitload anyway.
    angry

In the state I'm in I think this would happen while doing that job > vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008 edited
    Waiting for the reservoir to refill, so escaping the stench for a sec. slant

Luckily for me I did some two years stint as a volunteer worker at the The Hague local animal shelter some years back (cat department natch cat ), so I'm pretty used to majorly gross situations.
    Comes in handy when manually having to scoop out two-day old turds...
    (Did I need yo share that? Fuck yeah! I need people to share in my PAIN!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wish I hadn't returned ( or is that returd wink ) to this thread slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm buying you two Puns for Dummies. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    This topic is so funny.

It all comes together here.
    Shit. Puns. Cats.

Hilarious. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    We're buying a Lolcat for our house next year at uni. Expect pictures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hey Timmer, I thought you never got a hangover, no matter what!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Today we went out, did some shopping - basic Sunday afternoon stuff. Bought some thin CD cases, a plastic hockey stick for Mr. Moo, some summer clothing for our trip to Florida in June and my wife did a bit of shopping at the mall.

Tonight, I'm having the rents over. I'm BBQing them up some Double Decker Portobello Mushroom Hamburgers, Roast BBQ Potatoes, Chedder Cheese and Peaches and Cream Corn Stuffed BBQ Sweet Bell Peppers, and Garlic Corn on the Cob. We will be drinking some Sleeman's Honey Brown and for dessert --> Warm Apple Crumble with French Vanilla Ice Cream.

Another GOOD Sunday!

And afterwards we'll be watching Sneakers. My wife hasn't seen it and it have been years since I've seen it. Really enjoyed it the first time around and it will be great to revisit it.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. One of Horner's best scores!

My Sunday was just a part of a very good period in my life. Did nothing decent, but the BBQ dinner and even the walk to a shop, all great.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008
    Thor wrote
    Hey Timmer, I thought you never got a hangover, no matter what!

It's rare but I have suffered a few over the years. Last night was due to mixing too much alcohol, whisky, lager, cider, vodka etc and not having eaten properly hours before and not drinking enough water in between.....in fact I drank NO water!

I feel good now though smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    mixing too much alcohol, whisky, lager, cider, vodka

Wow!
    shocked
    And I thought *I* was a bit of a hand at making a properly over-alcoholized cocktail.
    What do you call that little beauty, Tim?
    The Timmer Hammer?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Met up with a couple of friends I hadn't seen for a long time last night, I had gone to the pub with the intention of taking it easy rolleyes

To cut a story short, I went back to the friends house and we drank it dry and I rolled into bed at 7.30 this morning.

I don't feel that great. slant

Well, I recovered enough last night to enter a Pool contest at the pub, I sipped orange juice all night and left £30 richer after beating the landlord in the final cool

Not quite in the same league as Ronnie O'Sullivan's genius 147 scored at the Crucible today wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    mixing too much alcohol, whisky, lager, cider, vodka

Wow!
    shocked
    And I thought *I* was a bit of a hand at making a properly over-alcoholized cocktail.
    What do you call that little beauty, Tim?
    The Timmer Hammer?

More like 'Timmer Hammered!' wink

It's very hot and humid here today, I wish my pushbike was road worthy because I'd go for a damn good cycle ride into the country. Oh well, good reason to overhaul it ASAP.

The rest of today is spent lounging around playing music and doing all the dirty laundry and then off to a very good friend of mine for a late'ish dinner which I'm thankful for because this heat has taken my appetite away for anything but water.....though a BEER is starting to sound like a good idea? wink